It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Galactic aiming for space this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
With only two months left in the year, Virgin Galactic has announced that they want to send SpaceShip Two into space before year's end. So far six drop tests have been completed, all performing exactly as, or better than models predicted.

The last drop test, and the final couple of non-powered drop tests consist of the aircraft going nose down after release from the White Knight carrier aircraft, and approaching Mach One, to test high speed handling of the craft.

m.aviationweek.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Man... Space tourism is really coming! Guess I'll have to get rich, there's no other way.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cool. Thanks for the update, Z. I was wondering what is going on with the Spaceport in new Mexico and all.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Mojave is the place to be right now. They have both Virgin, and Stratolaunch there testing. I'm hoping I'll be going by when that beast starts taxi testing. So far I've caught the first engine run, and the first engine run with power to all six engines.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: lostbook

Mojave is the place to be right now. They have both Virgin, and Stratolaunch there testing. I'm hoping I'll be going by when that beast starts taxi testing. So far I've caught the first engine run, and the first engine run with power to all six engines.

It's exciting to say the least. Here's to the future...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If that’s the case, they won’t be Virgin for much longer....

Get it????

Hey-oooooo!

new topics

top topics

join