It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Las Vegas shooting and evidence of some kind of coordination.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: roadgravel

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Lens mechanics do not explain it.

have you worked with photography and various camera for quite some time in order to make that statement as fact?

Yes. I am a graphic designer who also served as photographer, for 8 years, at a performing arts center I was Creative Director for.

ETA: BFA in graphic design with two photography classes.

So basically inside shooting with well light areas?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

What affect depth of field?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The main reason I think it is lens flare (inside) of the camera is that it is there even when the light mentioned is in a lighter area. If it were a flashlight or some sort of a laser it would follow the contour of the land, it doesn't. It always is on the same plane.
When you speak of the light 'crossing over' it is when the light being refracted on one side crosses over onto the other side, the concavity of the lens transfers the light exactly like that.
Being a photographer I see this sort of thing quite a bit, hopefully a photographer that is trusted here will chime in and say what they think.
Everybody can believe what they want though, I was just trying to help out.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Looks like a flashlight to me. You can actually see it seconds before the time given in the OP.

Could be a lens artifact, but I'm not sure.

And it does not look like the two lights "swap" or coordinated. Then is nothing I see to even suggest it.

Edit: It does appear as if the light is following the same directions the camera is panning. Perhaps it is a lens artifact.
edit on 16-10-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

The Mandalay Bay Foundation Room has a balcony surrounding it. The Foundation Room is located only in the center of the building, at the very top. You can find many pics online taken from that balcony.

The clear sound from the ground shows that the video was taken in the open air, on the balcony, not behind glass.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

?????

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Lens mechanics do not explain it.

have you worked with photography and various camera for quite some time in order to make that statement as fact?

Yes. I am a graphic designer who also served as photographer, for 8 years, at a performing arts center I was Creative Director for.

ETA: BFA in graphic design with two photography classes.

So basically inside shooting with well light areas?

No, I have photographed all kinds of outside shots. The building, events out front, the outside art collection.

Inside, too, though.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

?????

Any well versed photographer would know what that is.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Looks like a flashlight to me. You can actually see it seconds before the time given in the OP.

And it does not look like the two lights "swap" or coordinated. Then is nothing I see to even suggest it.

Edit: It does appear as if the light is following the same directions the camera is panning. Perhaps it is a lens artifact.

It travels all over the venue and beyond.

Nothing you see suggests they swap places, eh?

Nothing at all?

Hm.

Ok.
edit on 10/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

?????

You mean "What AFFECTS depth of field?"

Geez.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's a pretty random pattern for someone using a light unless it's being shown around randomly. What about an effect from a helicopter. Did any videos show a helicopter using a light. Doesn't seem bright enough for the light being directly shining but maybe it is the cause of the effect.
edit on 10/16/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It travels all over the venue and beyond.

Nothing you see suggests they swap places, eh?

Nothing at all?

Hm.

Ok.

No. One light crosses the other. I see nothing to indicate they "swap".

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: recrisp

Agreed, though it could be reflection from the window they were behind too, if they were filming behind a window.

It could sure be the window making the lens do that, looking at the slow motion video on a 24" monitor I see it really well, the light is on a single plane and the way the light dances around could sure be that the reflection of an interior light. It doesn't have to be outside, an inside light would do the exact thing, and, it actually makes more sense if it was an inside light.

I do see how one could see this as something odd though, my initial response is to 'hope' it was something more spectacular that actually is.

I've been a photographer since 1981 and have done it professionally for many years, that doesn't make me right, but I do have a background in art, (I know how light works for the most part, not always), I'm not being a know-it-all but I do know a little.

Anyway, y'all carry on, there's no telling what will happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

?????

You mean "What AFFECTS depth of field?"

Geez.

Either is or affects. forget it.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

To me it looks like a flashlight or lens artefact.

But either way, what is the implication? It isn't hard to imagine people overhearing the commotion and looking out the window with flashlights.

Also I think making the jump of logic that one of the lights 'tags' the other to be wishful thinking. You are hoping to find something, so you put more weight on it than you should. It makes much more sense that the light simply passed over the other.
edit on 16-10-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Will do.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
They were filming behind a window. I saw this video elsewhere. I believe they are on the 38th floor of Mandalay Bay their video said, same side as SP. Does illustrate he had a pretty clear view bc they aren’t as far toward the end as he is and their view is good. I do notice that the sounds come from pretty close to them... even though I’ve always thought there could be more than one shooter. It would be interesting to see if there are any of the shots heard in the ground level videos that aren’t heard on their recording from this close / this high up...

ETA They also say they heard the shooting and looked out. They don’t mention hearing anything before that like window breaking.

reply to: TobyFlenderson

edit on 16-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I do.

I think it's self-evident. But whatever.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
They were filming behind a window. I saw this video elsewhere. I believe they are on the 38th floor of Mandalay Bay their video said, same side as SP. Does illustrate he had a pretty clear view bc they aren’t as far toward the end as he is. I do notice that the sounds come from prettt close to them... even though I’ve always thought there could be more than one shooter. It would be interesting to see if there are any of the shots heard in the ground level videos that aren’t heard on their recording from this close / this high up...

reply to: TobyFlenderson

No, the video says the Foundation Room....which is at the top of the hotel and has a surrounding balcony (43rd floor).

edit on 10/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ah that could be (I guess it is) correct. I just knew I had seen it before and they were in the hotel on same side. Interesting that it seems to emanate closer to them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join