It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Detectorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My wife and I found this little ditty of a comedy the other night and blew through two short seasons before we knew it.

Mostly it is about these two blokes who spend their off days walking the grounds of England with metal detectors looking for lost treasures and talking about life in general. They often finish their day of ''detecting'' and head off to the local pub leaving some rich treasure only inches below their final dig.

Into and out of their lives come and go an assortment of fun characters centering around a metal detecting club in a small British town.

It is slow and droll. Nothing very exciting or explosive in the way of comedy but rather quiet and subdued. It's one of those tales that offers little to begin with but soon displays a wealth of beauty and charm in the most mundane aspects of daily life. One of the most charming, oh wait, I already said charming but I guess one mention was not enough to describe it. Charming charming charming.

AND,,,, no laugh track, leaving it all up to viewers as to what to find funny rather than telling us what to laugh at.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Of course I watched all episodes, I think they're planning a new season. I just can't wait. This show is like the "X-Files" for detectorists.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I watched this for the first time last weekend, and absolutely loved it!

I ended up watching every episode back-to-back on a netflix binge.

I love the understated humour of it all; plus the fact that not very much happens at all... and yet you can't wait to see what happens next.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very funny show! I went trough both seasons a few months back, something about UK metal detectorists...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Great show, I stumbled upon it about two years ago, last I heard the guy was not sure if he wanted to do another season

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good news for you then. I googled it a couple days ago and then be there will be one more season and the end of the series series. reply to: norhoc

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My fave series ever!

Also has my favourite musician, Johnny Flynn doing the soundtrack. Here he is playing in the open mic in the series...

It inspired me and my girlfriend to save for a detector

I'd love to see a third series, so much great humour in it, and you really connect with the characters. A great watch.

Not ashamed to admit i cried at the end

CX.

top topics

join