It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate for Congress insists she was abducted by aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Possibly a political death wish, but perhaps enough people already believe in extraterrestrial life forms, she may just be able to stay in this race.

A Miami-area congressional candidate says she was abducted by aliens when she was 7 years old – and 10 years later, it happened again. Real aliens – as in saucer-flying extraterrestrials – supposedly took her into their spacecraft and talked to her “about a series of things that would happen,” she recounted

Her name is Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera is running for the congressional seat being vacated by Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Miami.

Fox ran an article on her last night. Her article on FOX

What say you ATS, does she have a chance?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Only if everyone on AboveTopSecret.com lived in her district.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Of course she can win, saying she was abducted by aliens is already more believable than 99 percent of the rest of them

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'd vote for her.

If she honestly believes she was abducted and has the courage to say so then imagine what she would have the guts to expose from the inner workings of Congress.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Of course she can win, saying she was abducted by aliens is already more believable than 99 percent of the rest of them

Any account that I have read about the abduction experience is that it is something that happens without the consent of the abductee - and certainly some of the "probing" that oftentimes occurs is not consensual.

This question of her suitability as a political candidate, therefore, is almost like asking if a person admits to being a rape victim, does that disqualify them?

She would probably have been better off, though, leaving out some of the vague details about predictions of the future, etc. (unless there are still more to come that she can place in a 3rd party vault somewhere until they come to pass).
edit on 16-10-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Only if everyone on AboveTopSecret.com lived in her district.

Pretty sure she's one of us. At least a lurker.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
already posted by jim oberg of all people:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's thoughts on what these "aliens" communicated to her?

According to the source below, these aliens told her that the Coral Castle in Florida was really an ancient Egyptian pyramid, but the museum's website states that it was built by Ed Leedskalnin from 1923 - 1951. People witnessed Ed moving the structure from one location in Florida where he started building it to another when he moved in 1936.

Aliens tell her the Coral Castle was really an ancient Egyptian pyramid.

www.miamiherald.com...

Coral Castle museum says otherwise.

coralcastle.com...

What reason do these aliens have to lie to her about something so trivial?

I have my own reasoning, but I'm curious to hear yours.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Pretty sure she's one of us. At least a lurker.

Cant be worse than the current crop.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Probably not. Now, if she claimed she was abducted by angels and taken to talk to Jesus, she'd probably be fine. A lot more people believe a talking snake and a magical rib woman caused all our sorrows, and a virgin born man/god died for all the sins foisted upon us by because of this "rib woman", then rose from the dead and flew up to heaven, than believe in alien abductions.
edit on 16-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The only way those aliens could tell her otherwise is because she had no idea that it was built. She may have seen it before when she was kid but never known the truth. Or they are lying to us.

I guess we go off the words of Dr. Gregory House "Everybody lies."

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
at the very least, I give her credit for coming forward with this.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

hahaha..the electorate is jaded enough to vote in someone with a new spin.

Andy Warhol called it "15 minutes of fame"

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Some great responses here, overall, does not seem to bother most here, as it does not bother me as well.
If she is truthful in her belief that she was abducted, then she does indeed have the guts to admit it, especially when her career is on the line. What else can you say?

The Coral Castle thing is wierd, and appears her "aliens" might be trying out some kind of disinfo on her, but she is steadfast in her assertion that she was indeed abducted, twice!. Also see that Jim Oberg had also started a thread on this, albeit with a more stealthy title, but none the less, he had it first and the thread credit should go to him. BTW: I did use ATS search on her name as well as keywords "Alien" and "Abducted", but did not get anything back.... what is up with that?
edit on 16-10-2017 by charlyv because: added info

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's thoughts on what these "aliens" communicated to her?

According to the source below, these aliens told her that the Coral Castle in Florida was really an ancient Egyptian pyramid, but the museum's website states that it was built by Ed Leedskalnin from 1923 - 1951. People witnessed Ed moving the structure from one location in Florida where he started building it to another when he moved in 1936.

Aliens tell her the Coral Castle was really an ancient Egyptian pyramid.

www.miamiherald.com...

Coral Castle museum says otherwise.

coralcastle.com...

What reason do these aliens have to lie to her about something so trivial?

I have my own reasoning, but I'm curious to hear yours.

Think its misunderstanding the message, because he talks about electro magnetic plasma universe and that there are no electrons, instead magnetic waves, which is what electricity is. Multi poled, ie everything is a magnet and comprised of magnetic bucky balls, so there isn't just north and south end, but many similar and dissimilar arrangements.

And that what he did is how they built the pyramids.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ed Leedskalnin said all matter is individual magnets (mabey hes right)

electricitybook.com...

So if you're not researching alternative energy, think it would be pretty easy to mangle a scientific message.

Multi poled matter, like poly magnets, many little bucky pulls with various degrees of repulsion and attraction.

Jason Verbelli 2016 Segment - Extraordinary Advances in Magnets

Think this over her head possibly.
edit on 16-10-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Any account that I have read about the abduction experience is that it is something that happens without the consent of the abductee - and certainly some of the "probing" that oftentimes occurs is not consensual.

This question of her suitability as a political candidate, therefore, is almost like asking if a person admits to being a rape victim, does that disqualify them?

She would probably have been better off, though, leaving out some of the vague details about predictions of the future, etc. (unless there are still more to come that she can place in a 3rd party vault somewhere until they come to pass).

She said she was abducted by nordics (She didn't say nordics, but her description was nordics) they're the friendly ones. Probe free.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Possibly a political death wish, but perhaps enough people already believe in extraterrestrial life forms, she may just be able to stay in this race.

A Miami-area congressional candidate says she was abducted by aliens when she was 7 years old – and 10 years later, it happened again. Real aliens – as in saucer-flying extraterrestrials – supposedly took her into their spacecraft and talked to her “about a series of things that would happen,” she recounted

Her name is Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera is running for the congressional seat being vacated by Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Miami.

Fox ran an article on her last night. Her article on FOX

MMM...Me to @ 7 years old with repeat performances....why did she end up running for Congress and I ended up here?.....does she have a chance......lol....of course...everyone knows UFOs and Aliens are real and we have been lied to....lol...lots of people with respectable lives like Paul Hellier...Wilbert smith...Nick Pope....et al have tried pushing disclosure or rather TRUTH forward.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

She's a nut, sort of, maybe but not necessarily for the reasons many might believe.

They might be leaking reliable information through unreliable sources stirring up discussion that will fall apart so people won't believe the truth until it suits their purposes. It's not the first time they did this another candidate about ten or twenty years also made similar claims and was taking some kind of experimental medication that gave him an odd skin color and he was called the "blue man" or something. He was considered a nut and forgotten increasing the fringe stereotype.

If someone knows the truth and tells it he'll look like a nut!

top topics

join