It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Jr. Proved Correct About Meeting With Russian Lawyer, Memo Obtained.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: darkbake
From what I can gather, there were legitimate points being discussed at the meeting, but Trump Jr. was interested in picking up damaging intel on Clinton on the side, although nothing came of it.

Exactly. It was a sting. The Russians set Don Junior up to look like he was conspiring with them. What matters is not what they actually discussed, it is his willingness to commit treason for political gain. The Russians are old hands at these psychological games.

Treason? Is that what you call looking for opponents dirt? Jesus, if we enforced that like in the old days, there would't be a politician left in DC without holes in them from the firing squad. I take it you don't know how the political adds work these days?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I take it, from your apathy, that you are content with these things, and unwilling to lift a finger or even raise your voice in protest at them?

How noble.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Hate to be the one to break it to you but nothing about Clinton is 'hard left'

that's true , but she sure uses the hard left for her benefit.

edit on 17-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

No she does not.

I know no body on the hard left who would do a damned thing on her say so, or which would promote her ascension to any high office.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

From what I can gather, there were legitimate points being discussed at the meeting, but Trump Jr. was interested in picking up damaging intel on Clinton on the side, although nothing came of it.

Exactly. It was a sting. The Russians set Don Junior up to look like he was conspiring with them. What matters is not what they actually discussed, it is his willingness to commit treason for political gain. The Russians are old hands at these psychological games.

Treason? Is that what you call looking for opponents dirt? Jesus, if we enforced that like in the old days, there would't be a politician left in DC without holes in them from the firing squad. I take it you don't know how the political adds work these days?

Hiring a private detective to find dirt on an opponent is the American Way. Hooking up with the KGB is treason. Sorry, but the Russians have set both sides up. If Clinton had won, the Steele Dossier would be the cause celebre proving that Hilary was a "communist stooge."

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I know no body on the hard left who would do a damned thing on her say so, or which would promote her ascension to any high office.

so that doesn't mean you know everybody on the hard left, or their thoughts, ideas or who they might favor.
and yes hillary panders to anybody that she thinks can give her a edge or when running for some kind of office a vote.

edit on 17-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I take it, from your apathy, that you are content with these things, and unwilling to lift a finger or even raise your voice in protest at them?

How noble.

Am I outraged that a political candidate tried to gather dirt on their opponent? Come on dude, even with your bleeding heart and rose/partisan colored glasses you have glued to your head, you have to admit this is normal operating procedure in politics today. To pretend to be outraged is the real joke here. But if you wish to be the drama queen, that's cool, just don't be surprised when it all comes back around next election. (hint, since it's NOP, you will see it again, and it might not be "them" doing it, it might be "us".)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Hiring a private detective to find dirt on an opponent is the American Way. Hooking up with the KGB is treason. Sorry, but the Russians have set both sides up. If Clinton had won, the Steele Dossier would be the cause celebre proving that Hilary was a "communist stooge."

Is this the official word on that? I'm just trying to be sure I understand the current narrative I'm supposed to believe. Russia is still the enemy, and if we solicit information from a Britt, who happened to get his info from Russia, it's cool due to the middle man, but meeting directly, is treason. have I got that about right?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I did not ask you whether you thought it normal. I asked you how you feel about it.

And as for being outraged, I always express outrage when the evidence of a political entities wrong doing, is made plain, and I am not partisan in that respect.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

More source ad-hominem. Wonderful.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: luthier

Who faked it?

Why did it take so long to get the memos?

Frankly I don't trust a single person in Washington. So, forgive me for not jumping on the partisan bandwagon.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Oh are you then denying that Junior told everybody it was to collect dirt on Clinton?
I guess if you consider him as big a lying sack of # like his father. Because he said that's what it was.

Oh no...now what????

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

How did they get this memo?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nope, not denying that trump jr. thought there'd be dirt on clinton. Nothing wrong with that. Or are we supposed to ignore the foreign dealings of our candidates?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yeah I like how junior is so up front with stuff when he learns the news papers are about to publish something.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Isn't it nice to be in front of a story, making it impossible for them to slant it? Yep.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Nonsense. They all knew what the meeting was for. The adoption thing was supposed to be the payment for the dirt.
And that my friend is illegal.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Exactly. He claims he didn't get anything but he's not exactly a paragon of truth either. Those kids learned how to lie at their fathers knee. The way most of us learn to tell the truth or get turned over that knee.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Trump Junior's own words put the lie to this thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: themold

Stop already with the Seth rich bull .

Let's try to have a serious discussion this time. Without stupid unproven conspiracies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join