It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowe Bergdahl pleads guilty in desertion case

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted...placed it in the political forum since he was traded for 5 terrorists by Obama.

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pleaded guilty Monday at Fort Bragg to charges he endangered comrades by walking away from his post in Afghanistan in 2009 -- the court case wrapping up three years after a stunning Rose Garden spectacle in which former President Barack Obama, flanked by Bergdahl's parents, triumphantly announced the soldier's release from captivity.

www.foxnews.com...

He will be sentenced on Oct 23rd.

I hope he at least gets life in prison without parole, although the death penalty is more appropriate in this case. No one can bring back those soldiers who died looking for his sorry ass.
edit on R572017-10-16T10:57:41-05:00k5710Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa
I agree, that #face! His comrades were always going to sacrifice themselves to save him no matter what. Him being too much of a coward caused them to make that sacrifice when he clearly never had any intention of doing the same. Firing squad sounds good to me

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looking back at how former president Obama characterized this incident:

And he wasn’t forgotten by his country, because the United States of America does not ever leave our men and women in uniform behind.
As I said earlier this week, we're committed to winding down the war in Afghanistan, and we are committed to closing Gitmo. But we also made an ironclad commitment to bring our prisoners of war home. That's who we are as Americans. It's a profound obligation within our military, and today, at least in this instance, it's a promise we've been able to keep.

Obama Whitehouse

Can an admitted deserter be considered a prisoner of war?

And of course, since Obama is out of office, there's not really any backlash that can be directed his way. Not that it would matter.

And then looking at who was given up for this deserters return and what sorts of things they have gotten up to since being released...sure sounds like aid and comfort to me

The term aid and comfort refers to any act that manifests a betrayal of allegiance to the United States, such as furnishing enemies with arms, troops, transportation, shelter, or classified information. If a subversive act has any tendency to weaken the power of the United States to attack or resist its enemies, aid and comfort has been given.

But no, no one in any former administration would ever do something that could be construed in such a way.
edit on 16-10-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed bbcode

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
But Susan Rice said he served with "Honor and Distinction".

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Bergdouche apparently isn't done yet

No other source that I can find is reporting this.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Don't get me started on this sh*t stain.

And to all of those who doubted the Soldiers' claims from his unit and those of us who called him out from the start--suck a lemon. We never leave anyone behind (at least try not to), but when they leave on their own accord and you have many different witnesses testifying to that fact, his ass should have been left to rot.

And then there's this douchebag, who traded terrorists for a willful deserter.

I guess that was better than making Bergdahl a martyr, though--at least we now have verification as to his piss-poor character and a different outcome can't be politicized in a different way than this one was.

Goddamit! Piss on Bergdahl. As a side note, I never had a good feeling about his father, either...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well it's satire so I'd imagine not. Duffel Blog is the military version of The Onion.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Well it's satire so I'd imagine not. Duffel Blog is the military version of The Onion.

Ah ok... not familiar with that site.

Looks like he is only facing a max of 10 years.

About 90 years too short.
edit on R232017-10-16T12:23:31-05:00k2310Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Ummm...Quite obvious satire...

It was funny as hell though...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If he was going to desert, he is better off deserting to another superpower instead of the crazy ISIS.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Didn't see this posted...placed it in the political forum since he was traded for 5 terrorists by Obama.

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pleaded guilty Monday at Fort Bragg to charges he endangered comrades by walking away from his post in Afghanistan in 2009 -- the court case wrapping up three years after a stunning Rose Garden spectacle in which former President Barack Obama, flanked by Bergdahl's parents, triumphantly announced the soldier's release from captivity.

www.foxnews.com...

He will be sentenced on Oct 23rd.

I hope he at least gets life in prison without parole, although the death penalty is more appropriate in this case. No one can bring back those soldiers who died looking for his sorry ass.

My guess is that they took the death penalty off the table in exchange for the guilty plea. Though realistically, they would never have done it anyway.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This guy deserves an early morning walk with a bullseye on his chest , a blindfold and a last cigarette offered .
But the key word is "captured" . I doubt that...
And Obama and others need their names dragged through the mud for supporting him.
Serves with honor ? Yes, he did serve with honor the Obama administration and what that stood for.
For everyone else , he is a living insult to the people of this country and every single service personnel who did serve their country.

Yet , he will come out in a few years , be hired on as a professor of some college , and be held in highest regards by the students and faculty...
Pitiful.

edit on 10/16/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What the absolute f**k? Yeah, hang the coward. What a bitch.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Oh! Hahaa ok! I will be visiting the site from now on. You had me going there.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I would take a knee. . . . . . .

. . . . . . to his nuts, right before I threw him in a hole for life.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...Quite obvious satire...

It was funny as hell though...

YouSir

They did their job perfectly. I was laughing my ass off too.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As a former servicemember, I'm glad to see this scum go down.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Today is the big day for this loser.

Here's to hoping they slam him with the max they can give him

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hope he enjoys his cell, imagine he will spend a lot of time alone no matter how long he is in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join