It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Wharton Professor: 'Trump Was the Dumbest G*ddamn Student I Ever Had'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

"Smart" and "intelligent" are two different things. You can have a very high IQ and fail or do terribly in school settings.

The problem with your post (in case it hasn't already been pointed out yet) is that a professor didn't say jack sh*t, someone SAID that a professor said something.

That's completely different--so different, in fact, that it's called hearsay, and doesn't hold up in a court of law where proof is a coveted concept.

Your OP lacks proof.

I'm not saying that Trump's claims are correct--I'm quite certain that they're not--but this thread is started on a very, very weak foundation.

For what it's worth, I have a very high IQ, but took it upon myself to have to graduate from a "continuation school" because I cut class so much that my high school kicked me out at the start of my fourth quarter of my senior year. That stopped me from graduating with my class. If that is the basis that people would go by to determine my intelligence, they would probably think that I'm as dumb as a box of rocks, working at McDonald's and claiming that I deserve $15/hr for doing so.

This is not the case, nor, obviously, is it the case with Trump.

I tell you, though--"loathe to study" and "'did not' seem to care about being prepared" are pretty spot on for him, at least when he speaks without a teleprompter.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Einstein didn't do poorly in school. In fact he got high marks from a very young age. by the time he was 11, it was obvious to everyone that he had a special intellect.

And to the person who said "those who cannot, teach", not only did Einstein aspire to become a teacher, he actually did teach.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What makes you so sure he isn't establishment? You're obviously not going by his establishment ties over the past 4 or 5 decades and his numerous friends within Hollywood and the media, so you must be going with the whole "the establishment media is against him" schtick. I'm sure they were counting on that kind of thinking which is why they've set it up in such a manner.
edit on 10/16/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

"Smart" and "intelligent" are two different things. You can have a very high IQ and fail or do terribly in school settings.

Your comment made me think about my nephew that has Mosaic Down's Syndrome. He has 3 brothers. One is an introvert that scores very high in intelligence, is very artistic, and is seems generally well rounded, but he is very quiet and highly observant. He teaches manual art and computer graphics by the way.

One brother is extremely book smart, but has trouble thinking outside the box. Everything seems to be black or white with him, and he does not look beyond the solving of the equation. Problem, resolution, done. On to the next equation. One brother is your normal average child by today's standards. So my nephew with Down's Syndrome is supposedly the least intelligent one. Yet, when it comes to logic and logistical thinking, he out shines them a thousand to one.

I look at him sometimes and he makes me question our perceptions. Some will say he lacks intelligence, but is instinctively smart. Having watched him look at a problem that gave others pause, and come up with a solution in seconds, may feed into the instinctively smart camp, but his ability to deduce that the solution may create other problems that will need to be addressed, feeds into the intelligence camp.

I think he is both, just in varying degrees. I believe that smarts and intelligence overlaps, and it is not always that easy to qualify either.

edit on 16-10-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Frank Diprima Campaign Contributions
Same article in the Daily Kos Community
Don Hazen Executive Director of Alternet

Don Hazen is the executive director of the Independent Media Institute and executive editor of the two-time Webby Award-winning news site, AlterNet.org. AlterNet has been a top content provider in the progressive and independent media world since 1997, with consistently increasing audiences currently averaging 6 million unique visitors per month. The former publisher of Mother Jones magazine, he has edited and co-edited several books, including Dangerous Brew: Exposing the Tea Party's Agenda to Take Over America, Start Making Sense: Turning the Lessons of Election 2004 into Winning Progressive Politics, The 99%: How Occupy Wall Street Movement Is Changing America, and others.

Hmm, criticizes the peaceful, well behaved Tea Party that even cleaned up after their peaceful permitted gatherings and praises Occupy, the at times violent movement that destroyed property, encouraged illegal acts and generally proved themselves to be a group of people no sensible person would want to break bread with.

Let's see now - The Daily Kos, Alternet and a person whose credibility is unknown, who is a strong Democrat with an agenda, quoting a dead man and no way to find out if it's fabricated or true. OK

As I've mentioned before, I'm no fan of Trumps and we had a lose, lose situation with two horrible choices this last election, but come on.

Of course I'm not to bright since I wasted brain cells reading propaganda from known propaganda sources.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

oh joy - another claim quoting a dead " source "

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Frank Diprima Campaign Contributions
Same article in the Daily Kos Community
Don Hazen Executive Director of Alternet

Don Hazen is the executive director of the Independent Media Institute and executive editor of the two-time Webby Award-winning news site, AlterNet.org. AlterNet has been a top content provider in the progressive and independent media world since 1997, with consistently increasing audiences currently averaging 6 million unique visitors per month. The former publisher of Mother Jones magazine, he has edited and co-edited several books, including Dangerous Brew: Exposing the Tea Party's Agenda to Take Over America, Start Making Sense: Turning the Lessons of Election 2004 into Winning Progressive Politics, The 99%: How Occupy Wall Street Movement Is Changing America, and others.

Hmm, criticizes the peaceful, well behaved Tea Party that even cleaned up after their peaceful permitted gatherings and praises Occupy, the at times violent movement that destroyed property, encouraged illegal acts and generally proved themselves to be a group of people no sensible person would want to break bread with.

Let's see now - The Daily Kos, Alternet and a person whose credibility is unknown, who is a strong Democrat with an agenda, quoting a dead man and no way to find out if it's fabricated or true. OK

As I've mentioned before, I'm no fan of Trumps and we had a lose, lose situation with two horrible choices this last election, but come on.

Of course I'm not to bright since I wasted brain cells reading propaganda from known propaganda sources.
That settles that. Saved myself from this circle jerk of enlightened and self proclaimed intellects of vast knowlegde and know all.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I've never looked at Down Syndrome as being the quintessential "disability" as many people do. I don't think that an extra chromosome is necessarily a down side (no pun intended) to the individual as much as it's just a perception of society. There are so many things that those with DS can do that "normal" people can't or choose not to that it really is amazing to watch someone with DS interact in our "normal" world. I think that it would be absolutely amazing to experience life for a day through the eyes of someone with DS, even though I know that there would be some bad that would come with it.

Yes, obviously smart and intelligent do overlap--I see it like a dual-circle Venn diagram, but as time goes on, the two circles seem to overlap less and less in society, and just like with politics, we're starting to see only extremes and no overlapping.

It's funny, because when I was younger, and I see a lot of the second brother that you mentioned in me, but as I've grown and matured, I see a lot more of the first in who I have become. I attribute that to never, ever, losing my desire to learn and apply that which is learned to actual life; I'm never content to just get the info and move on. Unfortunately, it seems like the modern way of teaching fosters the opposite result, where we chip away at our children's natural intelligence by removing recess and sports and the arts and force them to sit in a classroom, stay in their seats, and only speak when called upon.

I have a brother-in-law with DS that I have never met--many years ago (before meeting my wife), he opted to move into group home for people with other "disabilities," and apparently has never regretted doing so. I'd love to go meet him some day.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Unfortunately, it seems like the modern way of teaching fosters the opposite result, where we chip away at our children's natural intelligence by removing recess and sports and the arts and force them to sit in a classroom, stay in their seats, and only speak when called upon.
Wish I could give you a thousand stars for this one.

I am one of those people that believes that each of us are given a special gift. Too many never get a chance to grow to their full potential, because we live in a world that keeps us stuffed in a pot, binding our roots, and a continual pruning of our branches and leaves, until we are a stunted Bonsai version of what we were meant to be.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
After a long discussion in the thread I created about Trump's IQ claims, I've come to the conclusion that Mr. Trump is not an imbecile or a moron.

I've also come to the conclusion that he is nowhere near being a genius. And the fact that he's NOT a genius contributed much to his success. Sometimes really smart people tend to think too deeply. If he were as smart as he claims, he would probably have wasted all his Daddy's money trying to invent anti-gravity or something.

He has some skills that transcend the need for intellect. A really good manager employs Intellects to give him advice. Then he considers that advise and makes a decision. That decision may or may not reflect the advice he received from his advisers. His business acumen, vision, and plain old gut reaction are the major factors in his decision. The decision is made and acted upon without any second thoughts.

I'm not a Trump fan. At all. But I have come to the conclusion that he is not stupid. Bragging about his high IQ was not the smartest move. Unfortunately, his ego does get in the way sometimes. Actually quite often.

If I were Donald Trump I would use something like: "I'm one of the most recognizable and richest men in the world, and the President of the United States...And you are none of those things." as his retort to people who question his intelligence.

Also as was pointed out earlier in this thread, hearsay evidence that quotes a man who has been dead for many years doesn't really rate very highly on my veracity scale.

-dex

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We're up to our ears in "professors", they're like "lawyers". They're a dime a dozen. But we only have one CnC! This "Professor" should be honored that he had a student that achieved so much, after being bored by him.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Sounds to me that this "Professor" has a bit of an ego problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So basically, this professor is saying he couldn't "teach" the dumbest (unable to talk) student he ever had? Doesn't say much for this "Professor". He may have had an education, but not much wisdom. Fact, he sounds emotional...
edit on 16-10-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Good post! If horrible student Donald Trump can become a Billionaire and also President of the United States, then this really is the greatest country on Earth.

There's hope and promise for every child and young adult in America!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Not too dumb, because he took what, one million and turned it into a few billion, right?

That is another lie he has told.

No, he didn't turn a million into a billion. Try adding up the other tens of millions his dad gave him as well as his inheritance.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

So basically, this professor is saying he couldn't "teach" the dumbest

You can lead a horse to water...Some people are just stupid, willfully so, arrogant, or otherwise.

*shrug*
edit on 16-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Fake News, dumbest is a pretty big exaggeration. The dumbest kids in class can barely think. lol

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Have you ever known dumb people that were smart, but their life skills where horrible, in the secular world they do awesome, not so great with relationships or other choices that are not related to IQ. Bad choices are just that, intelligent people make bad choices all the time.

Trump won the Presidency beating out many others, he can't be that stupid to win such a tough race.
He had enough smarts to say things and do things that got him to win, even if he was lying and insulting his way to the win.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join