It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transporting the A-12 from Burbank to Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Most I'm sure have seen this page on the Roadrunner's website:
www.roadrunnersinternationale.com...

This CIA document discusses the exact route and the problems anticipated.:
www.cia.gov...

So the Skunkworks was known as B-6?

I suppose this could be used as the basis of a geeky road trip, though many of the roads will look nothing like they did back then. Probably most of 138 is still "stock."

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Lockheed Plant B-6 was located adjacent to San Fernando Road and Hollywood Way. The company owned a number of properties for production and testing. Several were in Burbank.

Plant A-1 was located at the NW corner of Hollywood Way and Empire Avenue. Plant B-5 was aa little bit further west on Empire, across the south end of the Burbank Airport runway. Plant B-1 was located at Empire Avenue and Victory Place. (News reporters would sometimes misidentify the B-1 plant as "the place where the B-1 bomber was built.")

Plant B-2 was located in Rye Canyon near Santa Clarita. Plant B-4 is in Palmdale along with Plant 10. Plant 7 was in Maywood. Plant C-1 was located at 10756 Sherman Way.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I recently got a glimpse at an A12 in the parking lot of Huntsville's Space and Rocket Center.

Alas, I didn't have time to stop, but even from the road at 55mph it looked awesome.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If you are ever near Mobile, Alabama you can see the A-12 plus much much more at the Battleship Memorial Park.

www.ussalabama.com...

Well worth the visit.

PS: S&F your link was one of the best I have visited in quite some time. Thanks!
edit on 2017-10-16T10:00:54-05:0010amMon, 16 Oct 2017 10:00:54 -0500MondayAmerica/Chicago5431 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Hmmmmmmm? Someone knows the Lockheed layout very well indeed!

top topics

join