It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Buddy, you say you're in meetings with "officials" on this? I suggest you tell them they try to enact this and they'd better be prepared for a LOT of LEOs being killed because I guarentee you there's a whole lot of guys in this country that will take suicide by cop before either surrendering their firearsm, complying with this law, or signing up on a registry. Cops, especially Urban cops are NOT feeling the love right now. A lot of people are going to choose death over going to prison.

You make sure they understand that. This a stupid idea!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I have heard of those things which is why I had brought up how notoriously insecure they are. In one major study, researchers found 25 security vulnerabilities in each IOT device source:computerworld.

If you were to obtain a copy of a popular penetration testing framework, you would find literally thousands of working exploits that are waiting for some anonymous criminal hacker to take advantage of them. As a fun exercise, you can look up some of your IOT devices on SecurityFocus to see how your devices could be vulnerable and how you can secure them. Of course, this will never take into account 0day vulnerabilities, which are easier to find in IOT because saving money (and not security) was the emphasis in building the device.

I believe you in that such GPS technology exists, only disputing how secure it is as well. This could be intentionally jammed by a gun owner to circumvent tracking or jammed (with aforementioned means) by a malicious actor for their own purposes. WiFi/3G/4G etc are all susceptible to jamming via easily built/purchased devices. If WiFi/Cell connection was required to authenticate the firearm, the owner could jam these bands causing it to revert to its default action (which would either be disabled or enabled depending on the implementation). If the firearm were to assume a disabled state if this network connection was unable to be established, a criminal could use this fact against every such firearm to disable them arbitrarily at his/her will.

I don't doubt such technology exists, only that it would even survive conceptually in the dismal state of security. But by all means, if you have withheld some significant piece of evidence proving this, please share it with us so we can all be better informed.

edit on 10/15/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Woodcarver

That is something that was discussed. If Texas wants to sell new firearms they will be getting these newer types with restrictions of sales to only back ground checked purchasers or no new guns

but please this was only part of a suggestion as to how to curb gun violence like what took place.

The Tech is there, I am not saying ti will happen but only that it will some day happen.
Chester, get real. You barely have a grip on reality, and you're trying to sell us on a story that you are part of some think tank on the future of the second ammendment?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

didn't you remember in that shooting it was legally bought.

now imagine if it had been one of these new smart guns. as soon as it left his house it would be disabled, and as soon as he entered the courthouse/police station/military base it would be disabled.

Again this is only an idea put forth but it is something coming down the road not something that will take place tomorrow. But it will take place because the Govt and the gun manufactures are working on these types of controls on our guns.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

now imagine if it had been one of these new smart guns. as soon as it left his house it would be disabled, and as soon as he entered the courthouse/police station/military base it would be disabled.

Again this is only an idea put forth but it is something coming down the road not something that will take place tomorrow. But it will take place because the Govt and the gun manufactures are working on these types of controls on our guns.
As soon as it is bought, the device would be disabled. I can tell you have no idea how this "devise" would work. It would just be circumvented. This is not just a bad idea, it just wouldn't work. At all. Besides, i can literally make a firearm in my shop. Or print one on my 3d printer. You cannot just get rid of the technology of simple firearms.
edit on 15-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That only means you know nothing about Taikwando, you not only learn defense of yourself against multiple attackers in hand to hand but how to disable an attacker or attackers long enough to get to your firearm.

I prefer a knife to disable to get to my firearm, even in pitch darkness I could cut your major arteries which would pump you dry in less than two minutes.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That only means you know nothing about Taikwando, you not only learn defense of yourself against multiple attackers in hand to hand but how to disable an attacker or attackers long enough to get to your firearm.

I prefer a knife to disable to get to my firearm, even in pitch darkness I could cut your major arteries which would pump you dry in less than two minutes.
I would just shoot you.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

lol. Everybody knows about Taikwando. I took it as a kid. It's worthless against any real striking discipline. Karate and Taikwando are points competitions. Not fighting disciplines.
edit on 15-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

then I dare you to pull a broom stick on any one of those eight year old's and try and hit him with it. He will not only block it but will remove it from your hands and stick it up your nose so fast your head wold pop. Literally! The Koreans have been using forms of this martial art for centuries. Though the actual teaching of it has been around since before the Korean war.

edit on 15-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

then I dare you to pull a broom stick on any one of those eight year old's and try and hit him with it. He will not only block it but will remove it from your hands and stick it up your nose so fast your head wold pop. Literally the Koreans have been using forms of this martial art for centuries. Though the actual teaching of it has been around since before the Korean war.
lol

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So you render legal guns pretty much useless.

Now.. What about the millions of illegal, unregistered, unknown guns that are still floating around the planet?

You've just created the ultimate "Fish in a barrel" situation where any legal owner is going to be dead before they can respond to an illegal gun in a criminals hands.

Bravo!

Might as well claim guns are illegal and need to be turned over to the police or go to prison. Would be just as effective.

You remind me of a friend who is an engineer. Great ideas, just seldom grounded in reality where milliseconds to seconds can count.

You would have a better result figuring out WHY people resort to crime and solve it, then to put the genie back in the bottle.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The day that becomes law, is the day I become a permanent criminal.....

I have zero intent to follow any kind of gun law like that.

Disarming otherwise law abiding citizens? Forget it hah

edit on 15-10-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: Wanted to add a little. First post was too short.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Anyone else think of RoboCop when reading this? I think the OP has been on a sci-fi binge.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

look Chester, this is just another one of many threads where literally everyone thinks your idea is # and you have no understanding of the topic you are talking about. Come clean. This is just an idea you had. There is no think tank with "officials". And your idea is a bad one.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Again I didn't say it is going to happen but it was one idea. But the idea in itself is terrifying.

I want you to understand this thread was started to warn Americans and other nations about new gun requirements for newly manufactured guns and how pre dated guns will be updated to be useless unless the govt allows you to use them, once this bill is allowed to pass.

So which is it?

"Again I didn't say it was going to happen..."

or

"...once this bill is allowed to pass."

Also, taekwondo is useless against BJJ or Krav Maga. I have experience training in all 3.

Gun-Fu beats all of them.
edit on 10-15-2017 by cynicalheathen because: (no reason given)

link   

Taekwondo ... it great for anyone with stronger legs than arms, and particularly for people with long legs.

Karate ... better for shorter folks with a stronger shoulder girdle structure.

There is no 'one marshal art fits all'.

link   
Are many of you familiar with the firing mechanism of the Colt Cobra 357magnum?

Most new handguns are made with this type of mechanism. It is meant to prevent discharge of the firearm in case it is dropped or hit with something.

It has a slide plate that goes into place between the firing pin the shell. Currently this is limited to rifles and some handguns there are other type of safety devices on semi-automatic firearms that reduce accidental discharge in case of accident that may cause the trigger to slip and fire a shell in the chamber. Too many have people have loaded a shell in the chamber and don't safety lock the slide, and with a less than 6 lbs pull a 3 year old can fire it once removed from mom's handbag (already has happened).

It is these safety devices that can easily be fitted with Fire actuation chip and a GPS/GPD (Global Positioning Device) which doesn't need satellite but local networks usually something outside the range of 802.11, even a dark net server can be used to locate and arm or disarm these devices if in fact they will be used.

I didn't start this thread to say it is happening NOW but this was one idea presented from a gun manufacturing company that already has this tech and is ready to use it and may offer it soon enough to buyers.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I'm all for it. My guns can be chipped all "they" want.

Just watch the barrels, they'll be hot. Oh, and don't slip on all that loose brass lying around!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

then I dare you to pull a broom stick on any one of those eight year old's and try and hit him with it. He will not only block it but will remove it from your hands and stick it up your nose so fast your head wold pop. Literally the Koreans have been using forms of this martial art for centuries. Though the actual teaching of it has been around since before the Korean war.
maybe that is why koreans are at the bottom of the worlds pecking order?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Funny you mention that.

I had a neighbor, all three kids were "black belts in karate". You'd see all three of them in their karategi in the early evening after classes.

The Bunch of bullies decided to come "have a chat" with me while I was getting the mail. We were all around the age of 16.

A very brief, sad fight for them. I'm not trained in any martial art, but I walked away with my mail and a fat lip, versus their cracked ribs, broken arm, and a broken nose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join