It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

3. At least one smartgun that has entered the marketplace requires the owner to wear a special watch; the gun will only fire if it is within a short distance of the watch. While such a scheme may afford some level of protection in certain scenarios, it might do little in others; the “watch approach” would seemingly not prevent a criminal from grabbing someone’s weapon and shooting him at point blank range (as long as the gun was always near the watch), or stop a crook from stealing both the watch and the gun. Requiring a user to possess two items instead of just one is generally, not on its own, considered a major improvement to authentication. Requiring a PIN number to be entered on the watch in order to fire the gun addresses that issue – but, also introduces a risk that the legitimate user will be unable to quickly use the weapon in case of an emergency. How well do people enter PIN numbers when they are under the extreme stress of fearing for their lives? What happens if during an emergency situation a policewoman needs to use another officer’s gun?

4. Some upcoming smartgun models use biometrics to authenticate users, but biometrics take time to process and are often inaccurate – especially when a user is under duress – as is likely going to be the case in any situation in which he needs to brandish a gun. Furthermore, fingerprint readers and other forms of biometric analyzers are prone to error when people sweat profusely, shake, or are bloodied. Failures to authenticate legitimate users could lead to innocent people being killed when defending their families. Of course, there is also concern that if a crook stole a gun that relied on fingerprint authentication he might be able to lift the necessary fingerprints from all over the weapon, a problem that I described in an earlier article with regard to fingerprint-based smartphone authentication.

5. As I described in another previous article, smartguns may be susceptible to government tracking or jamming. How hard would it be for the government to require manufacturers to surreptitiously include in computer-enhanced weapons some circuitry that would allow law enforcement to track – or even to disable – the weapons? Before dismissing such a fear as silly paranoia, consider that the US government is alleged to have secretly installed malware onto thousands of networks and placed spy chips into computers, it has admitted to spying on its own citizens, is believed to have prohibited technology companies from divulging its spying on US citizens, and is known to have lost track of weapons whose locations it intended to monitor. Should private citizens really be confident that such a government will not want to keep tabs on their guns? Are firearms really less worthy of being tracked than telephone records? (While tracking devices could theoretically be placed in non-smart weapons for short term tracking or for tracking at specific locations, the power source included on smart weapons enables much more robust tracking.)

You see, you think I made all this up but I hadn't. This article was in 2014 www.forbes.com..., and S&W has taken close to a billion dollars in Grants from the US in developing this tech since 1997. It's coming but when and how no one knows. soon maybe later maybe but are you willing to call it all bull just because you don't have all the facts.

edit on 15-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No I seem to think you can't cite. You still can not.

Do you understand that the tech in 97 is different than the tech today? With all advancements, still it will not work.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

yes, tech today is more advanced.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yet again, GPS will not transmit via the human body, or through it. We don't have enough satelites. Oh and read this carefully. This tech is not backwards compatible.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

we have over 2,000 active communication satellites. the newer ones are not even using a third of their system space. There are well over 3 billion IP addresses active on the earth. That includes your smart phone, your smart, your home internet and your workplace internet all around the world. Not to mention dark net and all the bogon addresses that only the Tech giants know about.

But you could get a TOR browser and go there and find out. I wont risk it myself, too many CIA, FBI and Interpol Officers on it for me.

Implantable devices are already in use, two types one a chip that carried personal info, and one that is RF and just recently over a year ago a body implant. I'll ask our Dr at my sons next replacement they are called Micro Mini-Transmitters/Wireless they are not much larger than half a very skinny ball pen, the battery life is almost a year and is small as a small watch battery but not an alkaline/or Ion one. I have software still some what experimental we volunteered because of his condition, it tells us battery level and location using google maps. So far the batteries have not been as reliable as they had hoped and after this third one. the program will end while they go back to R&D for a longer power source.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yeah they developed the one my son has and its prototypes were used in plumbing problems underground and the GPS could pick it up. They were over 2 inches long and 1.2 and inch thick. the ground is a bit thicker that skin i'd say. And they have made them smaller and for medical research as well.
edit on 15-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Neighbour. Your son does NOT have a GPS device implanted in him (like you said). Where is the power source, where is the rest of what you need to transmit? Oh and how does it get through he fact, the Human body can not transmit the signal.

NO your child does not have a GPS device IN HIM.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

How many million guns are there again?

Nope, you are mistaken.

Post proof of implantable GOS devices too.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

How many million guns are there again?

Nope, you are mistaken.

Post proof of implantable GOS devices too.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

we have over 2,000 active communication satellites.

Not even close.

There’s not even 2000 active satellites worldwide, let alone 2000 active communication satellites in the US.

I did provide a link and breakdown of numbers for you. I guess you missed it a few pages back.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Do you thibk the Russians might loan us some of their satellites? I hear that they work well with us right?? History shows that to be a good idea right.

EDIT

Sorryhere is a modern number

edit on 15-1-2018 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I’m sure they would. And they’ll turn on the deactivated ones too.

This 2000 number he’s come up with is funny though. He seems to think that there are that many active communication satellites. A simple search shows just how wrong he is.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Perhaps if we ask, North Korea can put some up there too

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Perhaps if we ask, North Korea can put some up there too

Them too.

Don’t forget about China! All 204 of them

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Its a grand chance to bring the world together.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
back to Florida again. What is it with Florida, oh yeah they voted for Trump.

Do you all think these shootings are random?

They may be.

But from what has been happening and knowing what some politicians want I doubt very seriously they are not.

All the shootings this last year all point to lone gunman with issues but these are the ones who are easiest to influence and guide.

He has been groomed, as for the gunman in LV he was dead the night before the shootings took place. That is why it is being kept under wraps. there were two gunmen but they weren't the patsy. Notice that none of the 700 plus round he bought form himself were never fired, and those rounds took down a local gun shop owner who was not allowed to reload those kind of bullets and was. Yet not one of those bullets were fired.

If you get the millennial's all up in a roar they are going to demand guns be banned or just better all current guns be taken off the self and all new smart guns to replace them, Many are cynical but I can tell you this is the goal. Then they think all they have to do is get guns off the street.

There are lot of people who wont be able to sell guns, at least the none smart kind when all this happens.

Remember you heard it here first.

edit on 14-2-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Again you have yet to show that there is a viable techology, and a bill (as per your OP) about to occur.

You have not, therefore, fantasy

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Care to, you know, prove anything?

So far there’s been a big fat zero when it’s come to that.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Anybody who knows the first thing about firearms realizes the AR platform is designed to be modular.

Any device dreamt up by politicians with mediocre intelligence will be easily and quickly defeated by those who actually know what they're talking about when it comes to firearms.

I'd just like to know where they plan to fit this prospective device, communications equipment, power supply and anti-tamper hardware on an AR platform or especially a semi auto pistol or a wheel gun

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Lets ignore that. There are so many types of guns, almost all of them analogue (for want of a better term), that you can not nerf them like that. On top of this, as has been pointed out, the increased GPS traffic would cripple the current network.

So this is a load of dingoes kidneys.

Also no law is about to be passed.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join