It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
very true...

No, it's not. None of the major firearms manufactures are working on a GPS enabled firing interrupt as you claim.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I like most believe the govt will pass some gun rules that could be that new guns will be equipped with a lock out mechanism and GPS/GPD installed in them. It does not infringe on our right to bear arms. But it is a way they could located and control firearms at all times. Big Brother comes along with smart guns as well.

I think your definition of infringe differs greatly from mine.

The government saying "You can have guns, but we'll be able to disable them at any time, as well as track them. Oh, and if you bypass any of these mandatory features, it's jail time or fines for you citizen."

Sure sounds like infringement to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Tell me, HOW WILL they catch us ALL, I wonder, when WE ALL do it?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I was thinking along those lines, as well as what percentage of "THEY" join US.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
DEMANDED, deliberately, obtuse ideas, will NEVER change a thing

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Except its an idea that will never work
People need to put that point first. Stupid idea is stupid.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

But yet for some reason that never prevents more gun laws and ideas from being put forth.

The 2A has been infringed enough. Enforce the laws on the books, and work towards repealing some of the stupider ones.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yeah, no skin in that game (I don't live in the USA). The point remains, this is not an infringement on gun rights, the OP has a fantasy, that should be relegate to the HOAX forum.

The idea can't work.
edit on 16-10-2017 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Guns are 17th century technology. I can easily remove the 21st century tech and make it work. There are also 300 million guns in circulation that don't have this technology and guns last centuries, especially using the materials they use today. My guess is that you're either misinformed, or a gun manufacturer looking to boost gun sales back to obama levels.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I want you to understand this thread was started to warn Americans and other nations about new gun requirements for newly manufactured guns and how pre dated guns will be updated to be useless unless the govt allows you to use them, once this bill is allowed to pass.

Ok, there was an idea which through in retrospect does not seem as the best course of action but was accepted by a majority of the group as a viable course of Action for future firearm sales and current legal firearm owners. This page maybe totally erased either I or ATS may be forced to comply to erase this thread or post. But I hope many will read this before that happens.

An Idea was presented about having all firearms created with a computer GPS and activation of use chip or AUC. It seems that it is already in production. If passed by congress in a closed session of course, all new firearms will be made with these chips.

The chips allow the weapons to be allowed to be tracked and activate for firing. i.e. at home you will have a certain code given you by the FBI to activate you firearm for home defense (of course it does not prevent home suicide use), once out of range of the home the chip deactivates the firing ability of the firearm. If you go to a range via a port or wifi an activation code for firing is downloaded to allow the gun to fire. Once away from the range it automatically disables the firearm. This will be on all new firearms. All registered firearms will be by law required to have a GPS chip placed in the firearm for tracking. They say in case of theft but it could be used for tracking the gun at all times.

If these newer guns have either the Anti-firing chip or GPS chips disabled by magnetic or a hack the gun is locked and cannot be fired. Rendering the gun useless for any purpose in home or out of home. The older ones will still be able to fire even if the GPS chip is hacked or corrupted.

The fact that this type of advanced tech is already in production without public knowledge is frightening.

I expect that ATS or I will be forced to remove this thread if detected I allowed this info out. Get it out and spread the news before this happens.

Is it against the sites T&C to call you on your bull#?
edit on 17-10-2017 by Giraffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Giraffe

In the Skunk Works forum you are not required to provide proof on claims. What we can discuss is the inherent flaws in all the physical requirements of the alleged 'law about to pass Congress'.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Giraffe

Since this thread got moved to Skunk Works (it should be Hoax but never mind), he does not need to prove his fantasy.

That being said, you can call him on the flaws in this story.

The final paragraph shows this is a story, and not even vaguely true. IF he was involved in discussing this, he'd have signed a confidentiality clause, and they'd know he posted here on a public forum.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Repeating it over and over isn't going to make it any truer.

Given the crowd I run with at the shooting range, they're all, shall we say, financially secure, and wired into the gun world, as well, not to mention a rather suspicious lot, they'd have heard about this if it was even a rumor. It's not even a rumor.

Some of the anti-gunners may want something like this, in fact I'm sure some do... However, this would be business suicide for any manufacturer daring to do this.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The technological limitations we currently have makes this idea not only impractical, but potentially deadly.

Let’s say there’s an attack in Manhattan in one of the many GPS dead spots. That would render all “chipped” guns useless.

For this to even be remotely possible, an upgraded GPS system would need to be invented, A LOT more satellites put in orbit and a new system that could handle the extra MILLIONS of new signals.

It’s just not possible.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Lets not even consider somehow getting all the guns in the wild exchanged for these "smart guns" . I just don't see the populace swapping them out.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That’s what he seems to forget too.

Add in the fact that criminals don’t care if the weapon they use is legal or not, so will just use the “non chipped” ones.

There’s more holes in this than a pair of fishnet stockings.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Or with 3D printing technology you are beginning to be able to make firearms of a sort. Sure they are dangerous at the moment, but with metal printing beginning to take off (we've got a 3D printing lab at on site, and they make interesting things)... its going to be hard to NOT have things that should not be made, being made.

The entire premise of this thread is nonsense. Written by someone who does not understand what they are talking about .

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I forgot about 3D printing.

Also, what about “historical” weapons? Muzzleloaders, revolvers, tommyguns abd so on. I can really see historians and history buffs being happy that history has to be merged with “new” (non existent) technology.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Like I said, it would never work. You'd have a better chance in trying to restrict ammo (or somehow move that to electronic igniton) but again, gun companies will NOT do that. They are businesses. Money is their goal, not altruism.

So again, this thread belongs in HOAX, as that is all this is. There is no legislation on the books, especially with the right wing bias in power.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So again, this thread belongs in HOAX, as that is all this is. There is no legislation on the books....

Yep. AND the OP has said it himself.

Now, if this thread would have been a “what if.....” instead of click bait, we could have had an interesting discussion on what it WOULD take.

Instead, we have a discussion on how his idea isn’t possible and isn’t even close to being possible.

Such a waste of a good thread idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join