It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Turns out the OPs idea is nothing more than a firing pin block.

Still, he doesn’t explain any of the tech, such as the never heard of GPS.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
it is a GDP a device. it has a small battery in it but lasts no more than a few months, he has had two so far and on the third one, they hope the technology will get better.

A 'GDP' device? What is a Gross Domestic Product device?

Did you mean GPD as in Global Positioning Device? That is just another way of saying GPS and those still require an external device to communicate with the satellites since EM waves don't propagate though the human body.

You're in a hole, stop digging.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Turns out the OPs idea is nothing more than a firing pin block.

To affect that firing pin block you would need a battery powered device that activates the block on command and the aforementioned GPS, with all its inherent system flaws and power supply, to communicate with whatever server is looking to drop the pin block.

The whole premise is absurd in its non-functional over-complexity.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The whole premise is absurd in its non-functional over-complexity.

Completely.

Now, if you read the last couple of pages, you’ll see this isn’t “soon to be passed”. According to the OP, it’s just ideas they came up with at a table while others were doing the same.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

An Idea was presented about having all firearms created with a computer GPS and activation of use chip or AUC. It seems that it is already in production. If passed by congress in a closed session of course, all new firearms will be made with these chips.

While many people are scoffing at the op.

Be advised.

The anti gun nutters have been working on this.

From microstamping to 'kill switches'.

They will never be happy until the cops and the military are the only ones that have them.

Until they finally get their glorious police state.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I feel his biggest hole in his argument was his "retrofitting" of old firearms. You know the 100% mechanical ones, as opposed to mythical electronic guns of the future

I understand this is now Sknuk works. But some critical thinking shows that this is utter tosh. There is no way this could work. It would also be ripe for hackers to play with. I return to the issue with the web enabled pacemakers.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
I feel his biggest hole in his argument was his "retrofitting" of old firearms.

Considering many are not even registered it is a logistical impossibility.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

How does simply placing a chip in the buttstock allow a gun to be disabled?
What are the mechanics involved?

Gun makers are private companies, why would they do this damage to their companies?

Exactly how would this wi-fi system "allow" my hunting firearms to fire, out in the middle of nowhere?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

All you will get is a bunch of people running magnets over their guns in attempts to kill the chip (sure if its a superconducting magnet) .... this thread is total paranoia to make people fear gun control. If the government really wants to mess with gun owners, they just need to reduce the availability of ammo. Because you can only reuse casings so many times.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

it was actually just a suggestion from a member of our team to thwart another LV type shooting.

I titled it to draw people in.

This device is already in R&D at one one if not all the gun manufacturers. As I questioned the same to this person he claims that if we run a magnet over the chip it would send a malfunction notice and would lock the firing mechanism the gun until it is taken in for repair. How they would get the notice to you is either through their service via email to you to have it brought to certified repair technician within a certain time. Or some other type of method.

I like most believe the govt will pass some gun rules that could be that new guns will be equipped with a lock out mechanism and GPS/GPD installed in them. It does not infringe on our right to bear arms. But it is a way they could located and control firearms at all times. Big Brother comes along with smart guns as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I titled it to draw people in.

That’s called “click bait” and you should know by now that it’s frowned upon here.

Also, if you’re going to our right lie about it being “soon to be passed” how do we know the rest isn’t just a fabrication?

After all, lies follow lies to keep up with the original lie.
edit on 16102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Ahh your imaginary "team"...funny how your story is always changing.

So if I suspend disbelief for a moment (I may need to lobotomize myself to try that)

It would not work. Guns are mechanical devices. You would need to remove every gun from the streets, and replace them with "smart guns" for this to even have a chance of working.

Now if I reinstate reality.

You are not part of a team. You would be violating the confidentiality requirements a think tank requires. Having been part of think tanks the world over, and yes working on Defense Department contracts.... you don't talk about it. So no you are not part of anything, except perhaps a group of armchair coaches, who think they have the answer... if even that.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
This device is already in R&D at one one if not all the gun manufacturers.

We both know that isn't true.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Itws as if someone once read an article about smart guns and assumed they were something they were not

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

Again I don't really know how the device works in the older guns as was shared only a GPS would be placed in older guns.

But the future of firearms, is that these devices are going to be installed on new guns but only if allowed by our congress and senate via gun safety laws. I am not sure that is completely more like a sim chip in phones allowing it to ping off cell towers giving a general location.

A few of us stayed up late Friday night at Stan's talking about this device and theorizing how it would work, how it could be thwarted or corrupted and what might be repercussions of doing so if you own the gun.

Most is theory but it was suggested as a way to track the movement and locations of guns and keeping them from firing in let's say Arena or Stadiums, concert halls. Sounds good but also scary at the same time.

Congress is preparing new legislation about gun control and how to keep guns from being used in the wrong way because of LV.

My idea was to have a swat type security teams in hotels with the locations unknown to anyone to part of the security team. They could rotate locations or be in different locations within the hotel. Others says that allows to many militia groups to organize as security teams. Used in addition to the police force.

I am suspicious that the disappeared guard was part of the actual shooting and he may have killed him before and did the shooting himself. Finding this man should be the FBI's top priority.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Oh Terry you do it too.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So you admit it’s all a lie?

Congratulations on trolling the forums.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

very true and could be only done voluntarily. No one will be forced to bring in older guns unless congress passes a law that ALL older guns must be retrofitted. If an officer comes across one that it not have it, registered or unregistered they could confiscate the gun or give the gun owner 30 days to have it fitted with the GPS device.

Though the future of guns may go the direction as these just short of smart guns, however we will see the future of gun ownership controlled more than it is now without actually taking our right to bear arms away.

We need to keep our eyes open over the next few years and watch for these changes and hope that TPTB wont get their way in legislation.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

We need to keep our eyes open over the next few years......

So it isn’t

soon to be passed

Just admit you made it all up. You keep adding fiction on top of fiction. There’s no super secret GPS, as it just won’t work.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So just clarify for everyone:

(a) This is NOT a resolution that is about to be passed.
(b) You don't know if this is possible
(c) This is a work of fiction.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join