It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Why would you ask me if I could "hack them"?

Why would you need to hack them - you would do another method and use social engineering and access the building directly to the security section.

You would be surprised what a clip board and a fluro jacket will get you, or having a chat with a security guard who is having a smoke break....

You know nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Yes the form of Krav they teach in other countries, the ones taught here are limited by their US Licensing. They are not under licensing rules in most countries except the EU and The US.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Why not, they are offering these same courses throughout the US I am sure you have seen their billboards and newspaper ads. You can learn their self defense techniques for a price. Go pay for it, it will be the best money you will spend. there iverseas course I know are different than here because in the US many have guns. In most of the world foreigners can't have guns and most of the citizens in those countries are not allowed to have guns as a right like we have here. So alternative weapons training is very important generally using the most mundane objects you wouldn't even think of unless trained to think that way.

Tip:

Never go full delusional when you do not know the basics or forget what you have previously written on this forum, nearly everything you have posted is contradicted by every previous post you have done on ATS.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It was a guess, not an insult.

Speaking of no answers. I’ve yet to see you answer with anything apart from words. Not a single bit of evidence has been shown from you. I know, Skunk Works. But it wasn’t originally in this forum.

It’s all a nice story, but there is nothing to suggest it’s anything but fantasy.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I don't doubt the tech exists, especially some of the black budget stuff out there. I think it is helpful to remember that this is the Skunk Works forum, specifically for presenting theories and ideas without necessarily having a full array of evidence to back it up.

Some of the claims don't make a lot of sense to me either, but to shame or personally attack the poster is wrong too.

Although I believe some of that tech does in fact exist, I personally doubt our government would "waste" exposing it for something like legally owned firearms.

In any case, I appreciate the conversation we've had even though some of the concerns weren't addressed. You, of course, are in no way required to answer any questions I posit, and I appreciate the information you've presented nonetheless. I think it is up to each and every individual to weigh the facts and information at hand in order to determine whether or not some arbitrary proposition is true.

Take care, hope your spinal problems get better!

JB

edit on 10/15/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

(post by ChesterJohn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Never mind
edit on 15102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

One of the main reason I cannot answer many of the queistions is I don't know how the tech really works. It was a suggestion in our last and final meeting Friday, I tired to pick his brain and all I could get was some small tidbits and we have the technology. I know his company is one of the smart gun manufactures out there and to give way too much info could jeopardize their work.

So I went into their web site and read some of what they are trying to accomplish and I believe they do have the ability to make new guns with some sort of wifi activate or shut down mechanism. If you magnetize it. it could generate report a data lost report like I said earlier, that would notify the authorities to a malfunction of the firearm. Of which they could come and take a look at it and have it secured and sent to the manufacture for repair or replacement to the owner, or the company tech can contact you to bring the gun to the shop within a few days or report the gun and tampered with which would allow the police to come with a warrant and seize the gun.

But how this will work out in law is what we need to watch after this last gun rampage. Not saying it will be a viable plan or course of action as many ideas including mine and one from this site were suggested. Now it is a wait and see what ideas will be accepted and utilized or not.

BTW we were one of 20 groups from around the states asked to participate in this type of brainstorming ideas just after the LV mass shooting.

edit on 15-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: JBurns

One of the main reason is I don't know how the tech really works. It was a suggestion in our last and final meeting Friday, I tired to pick his brain and all I could get was we have the technology. I know his company is one of the smart gun manufactures out there and to give way too much info could jeopardize their work.

So I went into their web site and read some of what they are trying to accomplish and I believe they do have the ability to make new guns with some sort of wifi activate or shut down mechanism. If you magnetize it. it could generate report a data lost report like I said earlier, that would notify the authorities to a malfunction of the firearm. Of which they could come and take a look at it and have it secured and sent to the manufacture for repair or replacement to the owner, or the company tech can contact you to bring the gun to the shop within a few days or report the gun and tampered with which would allow the police to come with a warrant and seize the gun.

But how this will work out in law is what we need to watch after this last gun rampage. Not saying it will be a viable plan or course of action as many ideas including mine and one from this site were suggested. Now it is a wait and see what ideas will be accepted and utilized or not.

BTW we were one of 20 groups from around the states asked to participate in this type of brainstorming ideas just after the LV mass shooting.

I appreciate the information. Hopefully we can all work together to defend our Constitutional rights while finding mutually acceptable solutions to problems facing all Americans.

JB

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Can you provide the website or name of the company so that the rest of us can view this technology?

There are thousands if not tens of thousands of home machinists around the country. A device such as this should be easily defeatable, no matter how complex the tech. Firearms in their modern form have been around more than a hundred years. It's safe to say the info to make/modify them is out there and distributed.

The effectiveness of this idea seems to hinge upon owners going along with it, and a police-state like monitoring of law-abiding gun owners. How does that square with a frew society?

What group is this that met, and how does one become a member? What are the prerequisites? How did you come to be selected to participate?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

did I say not really. A small metal part using integrated circuits can drop a small piece metal that would deactivate the fire arm from firing. The same system could also reverse the metal from blocking the firing mechanism. It wouldn't take as much room as the innards of a flash drive have to actually signal the piece to drop into the firing mech to disable it. It is feasible and doable according to the man who brought that suggestion to the table. I now know why he waited until the last night to suggest it. We would have spent our week or the last few days discussing this tech option and lesser Ideas would have made it tot he table.

Now about body fluid blocking a wifi signal. Most of us don't have our hand on any type of gun 100% of the time. When hunting My hand is on the trigger area over my shoulder or held buy strap over my shoulder pointing down or up.

Most of us have our side arm in a holster more times than in our hand. We are talking about a gun that is in transport once it left the home it would be blocked from use until it returns home or the code is entered at the range or areas were the gun is allowed. That is the idea he presented and he said legislation was coming that will allow for this.

If it is a scare tactic or not we will have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So this tech is nothing more than a firing pin block? Like some revolvers and semi-automatics already have?

Still doesn’t address all the GPS isssues. Or anything else, for that matter.
edit on 15102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

No I can't it would identify him and his company. We have privacy issues at play here as well in meetings like these. One of the reason why I didn't present details of my or this idea. The other ideas suggested had to do with restrictions of guns to the people and make it harder for the honest man from owning a gun rather than how to keep people form doing what the LV shooter did.

I can tell you it is a US company and they are already developing smart guns for police and Military. That should help you narrow it down a bit without my revealing him or the company.

edit on 15-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The difference is it is done remotely and you can't just unblock it easy enough to make it worth firing in a close fire situation. I believe the efforts to manufacture guns like these is not so much for safety but so that you and I can not repair our own guns but would be required to take them to specialized shops. Much like how they have killed the back yard mechanic industry. In getting almost any car since 2000 repaired you need to go to the shop, especially over the last few years. Specific computers are needed and teaching as well as tools and other equipment needed to do the job correct and then reset the cars powertrain module so it wont read check engine or give other light signals.

To limit our ability to fix and repair our own guns is a win win for gun manufactures.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You think?

I thought you were “in the know” and this is “soon to be passed”?

Seems like you’re just spitballing.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have used gps devices for years.
Gps systems will not work in a gun safe or in a metal box
Both act as a faraday cage.

As for a gun only being operational at the range or home this part will never work in states like montana or alaska.
In those states and other states with bears and other large dangerous critters people carry gun even going to the outhouse when in the wild.
Now i could see a gps system where guns were disabled in big cities.
This would stop 90% of all gun crime.
Since the number of criminal shooting in rural areas is very low the gun crime rate would drop big time.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This is just not true.

I was a mechanic for years, and still piddle around with race cars ( and regular cars too ) with nothing more than a cheap laptop, some readily-available software, and standard mechanic's tools.

Having a car be computer controlled doesn't equal harder to work on. The basics are still the same, with the addition of sensors. You can get a bluetooth OBDII dongle and the Torque phone app for ~$35 if all you need to do is diagnose. The ability to reflash your own computer starts at about $500.

Guns are even simpler than cars. As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, you can build a basic zip gun for $10-15 with parts from a hardware store. That doesn't account for people who have lathes, drill presses, 3D-printers, and even home CNC-machines.

A measure such as you're proposing won't even cause a blip in the crime stats, for the simple reason that criminals don't obey the law.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What you are saying is that guns will be useless after an EMP attack. There are over 300 million guns in circulation my guess is they are never going to get them also a machinist, gun smith etc would be making their own.a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Haha thank you. The common sense on this just doesn't work out.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Let’s get back on to the subject of the gun implants, rather than the bodily ones, considering we all (mostly) know there’s no in body GPS tech strong enough.

This “chip” that’s not only a tracking device, but also a restriction device, would need the firearms to have some pretty heavy modification.

It would need to know where it is at all times (currently there’s no such thing as 100% GPS coverage)
It would need to know who is holding it (trigger or grip modifications would be needed for print reading. And we all know how bad that tech currently is)
It would need restrictions put on places, according to the OP (GPS again. How many tales have we heard of people driving into rivers due to their GPS saying they’re in a different place?)
There would also need to be some sort of “officer in trouble” fail safe (that can fail or be used and never turn off rendering it useless)
Money. Who will pay the 100s to get them modified, just for them to be as “reliable” as a mobile phone?
Lastly, what’s going to stop people not registering their weapons? Especially criminals or the “governments out to track me” folk.

Too many variables, not a single bit of evidence of a solution.

All very valid points starting with the modifications to the firearm. A 'chip' in and of itself is not capable of disabling the fire mechanism, you would need additional analog components to interrupt the normal firing sequence to disable the firearm and I frankly do not think there is enough room to accommodate these, let alone the GPS, it's powers source and other ancillary items to facilitate this 'theory'.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join