It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Are you getting GPD and DGPS mixed up?

Even if he were you still need satellites to operate these as well.

True.

I can’t think of any non-satellite or satellite systems that would give an accurate GPS reading or be strong enough to be able to get 100% coverage while the device is in a human body.

Hell, I can’t think of anything that would work with a full in body GPS device at all, apart from RF. And RF is very short range and certainly not any form of GPS.
edit on 15102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm on a cocktail of drugs and will be for a few days I ve done my back in, I wouldn't take anything I say seriously, I mean even more so than usual that is.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Hell, I can’t think of anything that would work with a full in body GPS device at all.

There isn't, the human body is a very poor conductor of EM waves.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You can make a gun from home depot plumbing parts.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

yes it is called a zip gun.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Position can be approximated via triangulation from cellphone towers within range but not as quite as precisely as true GPS systems - good enough for most purposes though. You're right in that the higher the frequency, the worse the penetration of liquid will be and the human body has has a high percentage of water so embedded RFID chips need the scanner within centimetres to be located.

That has me considering the amount of metal in a firearm IE how could a GPS chip work reliably in the stock with a human hand holding it as well as metal (think faraday again) all around?

I think all this is simply scare-mongering that fails the logic test.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Let’s get back on to the subject of the gun implants, rather than the bodily ones, considering we all (mostly) know there’s no in body GPS tech strong enough.

This “chip” that’s not only a tracking device, but also a restriction device, would need the firearms to have some pretty heavy modification.

It would need to know where it is at all times (currently there’s no such thing as 100% GPS coverage)
It would need to know who is holding it (trigger or grip modifications would be needed for print reading. And we all know how bad that tech currently is)
It would need restrictions put on places, according to the OP (GPS again. How many tales have we heard of people driving into rivers due to their GPS saying they’re in a different place?)
There would also need to be some sort of “officer in trouble” fail safe (that can fail or be used and never turn off rendering it useless)
Money. Who will pay the 100s to get them modified, just for them to be as “reliable” as a mobile phone?
Lastly, what’s going to stop people not registering their weapons? Especially criminals or the “governments out to track me” folk.

Too many variables, not a single bit of evidence of a solution.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am too. My back has been out for two months doctors don't give me much hope except to have metal disc inserted in L2 &L3, L3 & L4 and L5 and S1.

Could be why I am not fully in thought over the last few months. But I wouldn't get much sympathy here from some as you can tell.

But I feel for ya, as I know exactly what you are feeling and it is so intense that even the codeine given me doesn't fully stop the hurt. Just eases it a bit. But I am told the metal discs aren't much better.

You would think with all the 3D printer technology and the advancements using umbilical cords we have, someone would have came up with a viable replacement for spinal disc replacement by now.

edit on 15-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

I don’t even know if it’s fear mongering from the OP. I’ll keep my opinions about that quiet. It would probably cost me a ban lol.

The simple fact is, the tech is no where near where it would have to be. Even the most advanced GPS systems today have flaws. Add in everything else and it’s just one big nope.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Ah man its awful, you must get bad disc bulges as well, I for the first time in my life had to ring an ambulance to take to me to hospital, I was having uncontrollable spasms, my l3/l4 was bulging and hitting the nerve....no fun at all, I'm walking again today thankfully, I don't want to have another spasm like the last one anytime soon.

I hear the surgery is improving , I'm still going to try and hold out for it to improve further before I go for surgery, although at my current rate I'm not far from having it forced on me.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I prefer a knife to disable to get to my firearm, even in pitch darkness I could cut your major arteries which would pump you dry in less than two minutes.

I am too. My back has been out for two months doctors don't give me much hope except to have metal disc inserted in L2 &L3, L3 & L4 and L5 and S1.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

NOW terrydon, that is the first non attack post you have made in any thread I have started and you have hit on some points.

I did title the thread in a way to draw people in but if these gun makers, who are thinking these things up get their way via legislation, which is what this person was hinting at when he shared this (in the R&D stages I believe) devices in guns.

I response to how it would work we were not privy but knowing my own firearms it wouldn't take but one small piece of metal to be electronically dropped into place to keep the gun from firing. Seeing this device is chipped disengaging it might send a code error to which we could expect a visit from our local police asking to see the weapon in question.

Last week I was pulled over (light out over rear plate), upon the officers arrival to my window I handed them my license only, forgetting I was also required to present my concealed carry permit card, Immediately the officer asked me for my CC Card and if I was carrying at the moment. They had me by my license plate number and knew I had a CC permit. I informed them the gun was in a locked drawer below the Passenger seat and it had a magazine in place but no shell in the firing chamber. They asked me only to keep my hands on the steering wheel at all times another officer entered via the passenger attempted to open the drawer and could not. It was funny they asked me to keep my hands on the wheel and this guy asks me to hand him the keys. I never took my hands of the wheel, I told him he could reach over and take the keys from the ignition, at that time the other officer just asked me to step out of the car and go to the curb side of the squad car.

Long story short, it took 45 minutes, no ticket and they placed my gun back where they got it from before returning my license and CC permit and allowing me to go back into my car to drive home.

Moral of the story here is: do as you are asked, keep your mouth shut unless you are spoken too, never ever do anything they have not asked you to do i.e. reach down to take the key and give it to the officer who needed it.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

That reply didn’t address anything I said. It’s just a long story of how you got pulled over by a cop.

Care to actually go over any of the points I made?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Just because my back needs work doesn't mean I am immobile or an invalid.

You hold the knife sharp edge out if not a dagger, slice across the forearm of the assailant as he tries to grab or hit you. If that doesn't stop him and he still wants to come at you just drop down and slice across his opposite inner thigh as deep as you can go. This will keep him down definitely while he bleeds out of both his arm and leg. You will have cut both arteries and ligaments and even a little old lady can learn this technique.

I learned it from an Israeli soldier while in the mission field we practiced with small wooden replicas of knives.

And that's right, to you who would cry foul that a Christian defends themselves, I do not turn the other cheek. If I can't live peaceably with you I will fight back and that includes robbers and thieves.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I was actually giving you a compliment and doing a little small talk with you.

But seeing you don't like it I wont do it again.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I’d rather you reply to points with explanations of how they work in your world of this new fangled, super duper GPS.

But if you’d rather avoid it and not answer?

Your choice.
edit on 15102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

L5-S1 is about 25% bulge, L4-L5 is 10% and L3-L4 is at 8% but all three discs the lowest two are completely dried up and the upper one is drying up. I fell from a ladder only about 6 ft. I was passed out from heat and don't know how I fell, but I know a severe sciatica when I feel one and this was worse than that. I had some lower back issues but nothing like what had happened. Physical therapy believe it or not has helped but each morning I awake with sciatica either on the right of left. I take Gabapentin (600mg twice a day),and codeine 15mg four times a day, also 10mg Valium in the morning and 20 mg at bedtime, not to mention Naproxin to help with inflammation, and 25mg of Ampityptaline at night to help me sleep. And a little Brandy also helps me at bedtime only of course.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
GPS implant...

Where is the antenna for the GPS located, where is the battery, how does the battery get recharged, and how does it function in buildings, tunnels, I.E self contained areas?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

L5-S1 is about 25% bulge, L4-L5 is 10% and L3-L4 is at 8% but all three discs the lowest two are completely dried up and the upper one is drying up. I fell from a ladder only about 6 ft. I was passed out from heat and don't know how I fell, but I know a severe sciatica when I feel one and this was worse than that. I had some lower back issues but nothing like what had happened. Physical therapy believe it or not has helped but each morning I awake with sciatica either on the right of left. I take Gabapentin (600mg twice a day),and codeine 15mg four times a day, also 10mg Valium in the morning and 20 mg at bedtime, not to mention Naproxin to help with inflammation, and 25mg of Ampityptaline at night to help me sleep. And a little Brandy also helps me at bedtime only of course.

Endep becomes useless to sleep after the first week, it only helps sleep because it has an old anti-histamine function in it, it stops working after the first several days and completely after a week.

Great triclyclic anti-depressant, being outphased now because of the very nasty cardiac effects it has when one overdoses on it.
edit on 15-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Derailing your own thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join