It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Want You!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WonderingDreamer

God is love, but he's also the creator of all things, good and evil. While he is not evil, he created those who are and you might want to ask yourself why it exists in the first place.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My conclusion since the time of age of 10 years old which now = 15 years of dreams, OOBEs and Lucidity withing the realms of dreams. I have drawn the line that God can appear to man as a mother, a father or a stranger on a street like a stricken old man who randomly speaks to you. The Absence of God always reassuring and seeming to be leading to constant presence is what makes me recall many of my experiences.

However, what has risen to be a more interesting factor is the rise of my experiences and dreams as I approach the age of 30. Before when I was 10 to now I used to maybe dream once a week or two weeks and now it's daily.

Either way who am I to ponder the great mystery of life, I am merely a man...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Ah yes the old question of why does God make or allow evil to exist.

Well let me tell you a story of a man I know, it is a simple story a story that puts things into a perspective.

A boy becomes stricken with a genetic condition that puts him in a wheelchair, this boy as he grows hates God and blames God for not being there when he needed him most. As the boy grows so does his strength, he goes through things many would end their life on, he continues to understand that evil or situations we could consider evil test us and make us stronger. Than one fateful night the boy comes to a realization - What if God was not to blame for his condition?

The boy experiences his first OOBE when he is 17 and sees the night that his condition surfaced and there in that OOBE the boy sees a dark hooded figure putting something into him. Almost as if a parasite that mutates the boys DNA to cause the condition and at that very moment, the boy realizes God was not behind it all. Then the boy asks - Father why have you abandoned me that night?

A voice replies: If I were to intervene would you have had the same realization? Would you have grown as wise and as strong as you are now? Would you have had the same journey?

At that moment the boy wakes up crying and even as messed up as it sounds says "Thank you".

That is the story of my 23 year old friend who suffers from a genetic mutation disorder which surprisingly after testing could not be explained as it did not come from his parents.

So if I was to be asked - Why does evil exist?

I would tell people this story, yes it's a silly story but it bears a lot of wisdom.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Who are you to ponder the great mystery of life? You were created for such!

You weren't created just to survive this evil world and die without searching for answers. You were created to love, seek knowledge, and live on, but it doesn't happen by itself and it takes more than just loving others.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That's not a silly story! That's how it works! There is a spiritual battle between good and evil and your friend has overcome it! He will be blessed beyond measure in heaven for his faithfulness, a place where there will be no more curse, suffering, sin or death!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The gates are not external, but within us, and self imposed. We have free choice to empower our ego (apple) or empower our spiritual state (altruism). When we have finanlly realized the emptiness in all egotistical desires then we will pass through the gate and realize it was never really there in the first place. So none are any more worthy than you, regardless if you are an atheist or not. Its all about realizing our true self.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
Honestly, daskakik, we really do want to know what was communicated to you, even if you're not able to put into words the feeling that you had that drew you to your conclusion. Regardless of what I believe, your experiences might be helpful to others.

Nothing was communicated. Not verbally, written or telepathically.

It was something that accumulated over time and with more experiences.

What would be helpful to others is for me to tell them to stop fearing eternal damnation and find the truth but I know that that doesn't make much of a difference except superficially.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Sorry, glend, but "realizing your true self" won't mean much when you die a human death on this earth, until you realize that we're not limited to this world and we're meant to live an eternal life after this one with our Creator somewhere else.

While we are filled with the Holy Spirit to protect us and guide us while we are here, it is not, nor was it ever meant to be our eternal destination.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What is truth to you, daskakik? That we shouldn't fear eternal damnation because once you die a human death it's over and final?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Doesn't matter where you think they might be. The idea that you can be barred is what we were talking about.

What if upon realizing true self you realize that there is no god, gates or heaven?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Sorry, glend, but "realizing your true self" won't mean much when you die a human death on this earth, until you realize that we're not limited to this world and we're meant to live an eternal life after this one with our Creator somewhere else.

While we are filled with the Holy Spirit to protect us and guide us while we are here, it is not, nor was it ever meant to be our eternal destination.

The spiritual world is timeless and in that world, we already exist in an enlightened state. So remeber the warning of Genesis - "If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.".

We will die time and time again until we wake up from the self imposed nightmare, we call reality.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What is truth to you, daskakik? That we shouldn't fear eternal damnation because once you die a human death it's over and final?

That we shouldn't fear eternal damnation because there is no judgmental god and there will be no trial after you die.

The point is to experience but the catch 22 is that if you are here to experience religious fanaticism then I really wouldn't be doing anyone any favors trying to steer them from that path.

I do believe that was an epiphany.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I have no idea what you're talking about in your first sentence. Can you rephrase?

Without God, there is no true self of any value or meaning. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes and all that. Meaningless. The idea that leaving some kind of legacy in this world has value, is meaningless too. Eventually, all will die and no one will remember you or "your true self" and none of it will have mattered.

Now that, my friend, is unimaginable in my mind and my spirit!

edit on 16-10-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I have no idea what you're talking about in your first sentence. Can you rephrase?

That was addressing glend's idea of where the gates were but that has nothing to do with the core idea that you might or might not get in.

Without God, there is no true self of any value or meaning. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes and all that. Meaningless. The idea that leaving some kind of legacy in this world has value, is meaningless too. Eventually, all will die and no one will remember you or "your true self" and none of it will have mattered.

Your true self isn't this avatar, it is the pimply faced alien teen behind the videogame controller.

Now that, my friend, is unimaginable in my mind and my spirit!

Maybe you need deeper experiences.
edit on 16-10-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Have you read any of the books by Robert Monroe?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

"What if upon realizing true self you realize that there is no god, gates or heaven?"

Wound't mind one little bit as death in itself seems far more peaceful than living countless lifes experiencing countless deaths of loved ones etc. But if we are all caterpillars that will one day turn into spiritual butterflies then denial of spirituality really doesn't harm you as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
But if we are all caterpillars that will one day turn into spiritual butterflies...

What if we are not?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Then it doesn't matter. But what if we were?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Wouldn't matter then either.

The only sense of urgency stems from fear of eternal damnation or fear of not attaining a certain spiritual level, but that would only apply to life in this world.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Your true self isn't this avatar, it is the pimply faced alien teen behind the videogame controller.

Outward appearances have nothing to do with who you are.

Maybe you need deeper experiences.

LOL! A lifetime of experiences at the age of 50 is what led me to where I am!

I'm not the one with 15 years of OBEs that led me nowhere except to the final conclusion that nothing exists or matters and all vanishes to dust!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join