It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make money off the weak minded

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Fear.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
BECOME HEAD OF THE DNC!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think the bottom line is Infowars and every other news outlet will say absolutely anything to make money.

Yep, CNN, NBC, PBS, BBC, all of them are, to one extent or another, pushing fake news in support of their chosen agendas. These days you can try to parse through it to get to the truth, full of the knowledge, you will never know the whole truth.

"Its only a Paper Moon, flying over a cardboard sky........."

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You know, I've been thinking..

Maybe the trick isn't so much in eliminating our own bias, but in recognizing it and then learning how to work with others that have the opposite bias.

I have seen people, even here, claim everything from being completely free of bias to being immune to propaganda. As absurd as those claims certainly are, they operate from a platform that disables any ability to actually work through it.

So, if someone actually succeeds in completely overcoming their bias, they are immediately put into a position where they are incapable of recognizing if/when it seeps back in!

An alternative avenue is, as said, training ourselves and learning how to interact with opposing biases without devolving into both sides trying to convert the other to the "True Faith."

Even if that "True Faith" is as balanced as possible, maybe we are setting ourselves up for failure if we render ourselves incapable of personal bias recognition. If we still approach things from the angle of everything that disagrees with our perspective being fundamentally wrong, as if we are omniscient, I could even see the same conflicts that happen now under the guise of who is the most unbiased.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

This week in stupid makes a great point ...caution ..STRONG LANGUAGE

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"How to make money off the weak minded"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join