It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make money off the weak minded

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Of course, since the Koch brothers have purchased all the state legislators with their cronies whoever counts the election results DECIDES the election results!

This fluffy type pablum sells! Or it all falls flat on its face.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Of course, since the Koch brothers have purchased all the state legislators with their cronies whoever counts the election results DECIDES the election results!

This fluffy type pablum sells! Or it all falls flat on its face.

What is it about the American character of intelligence that allows it to sell so well?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

This post has no basis in reality. The ACA got rid of insurance policies by companies who were not paying out. The ACA got rid of freeloaders who would use hospital emergency rooms without paying their fair share. Are you for the freeloaders or against?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

well I forgot about that thanks for the reminder ...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How to make money off the weak minded

oh great....

Now you tell me after I bought my $30 bottle of Caveman true Paleo Formula with bone broth from Alex Jones.

And I really wanted that feeling of "Paleo"

His radio show is amazing. He will talk about an issue like a nuclear attack by NK and then there will be a commercial for salt tablets. I like Alex Jones. I think he's brilliant at what he does. But I really wanted to have a thread to try to understand the character of people and why people are so attracted to what Alex is selling.

"Tap water is a gay bomb"

edit on 15-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Your bias kills the importance of the message.
You couldn't get out of it's way.
You listed all one side of a coin..
You wedged off half the people who would actually agree with you if you presented a balanced scale.

Otherwise and besides that you are right.

One day you will see the wedge is inside of you not without you.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I couldn't agree with you more.

It both saddens me and scares me in equal measure to believe that Americans are actually paying for their own propaganda.

Look at Rachael Maddow.

She suckered droves in with her "shocking news about Trump's tax returns".

She makes more in a day than 3-4 average American families make in a year.

I agree. Rachael Maddow many times does exactly what I'm talking about. She's always throwing out hooks before they go to commercial that is over the top left wing hyperbole.

But MSNBC ratings are no where near Fox News. Rachael Maddow is really irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Please...please don't forget the money that probably rivals the government-the Joel Osteens etc of the world.

Now, those guys are masters of psychology and manipulation-just think of all those Christian bookstores.

Tax free!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: frenchfries
Again thinking in sides.... left right , left right blah blah blah... I'm black and I want to be Gatekeeper please

Don't we understand that propaganda in the end is pushed by... Google/YT.

I was thinking more along the lines of CNN...

If CNN propaganda were so powerful then there would be more liberals in Congress. But there is NOT!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Please...please don't forget the money that probably rivals the government-the Joel Osteens etc of the world.

Now, those guys are masters of psychology and manipulation-just think of all those Christian bookstores.

Tax free!

I'm not forgetting at all. I really want to understand exactly the techniques the masters are using. Please, enlighten me.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

well I understand it isn't a one dimensional problem... It's more like an N-Vector , but well than the wedging doesn't work I guess.

Not politics / no explanation:

For me it's more about the GateKeeper because YT and Google/Alphabeth stinks ... and it is to blame for the chaos although I must admit i had to change my view about the company , initially they really tried to solve in protecting sensitive groups but now it's backfiring.

Trump to Hillary they are the same.... I don't really understand that sorry.

link   
Everyone it appears loves a good horror story.

link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

You wedged off half the people who would actually agree with you if you presented a balanced scale.

Really. I thought people poster here were strong enough not to let my personal views be hindrance to the quality of the discussion. Apparently I was delusional.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

well I understand it isn't a one dimensional problem... It's more like an N-Vector , but well than the wedging doesn't work I guess.

Not politics / no explanation:

For me it's more about the GateKeeper because YT and Google/Alphabeth stinks ... and it is to blame for the chaos although I must admit i had to change my view about the company , initially they really tried to solve in protecting sensitive groups but now it's backfiring.

Trump to Hillary they are the same.... I don't really understand that sorry.

Hillary was in bed with the CFR deeper than Trump. Hillary was in bed with Wall street deeper than Trump. Trump got elected and our foreign policy is exactly the same. Whether Hillary won or not, I think everything is pretty much exactly the same with Trump as president.

Now if Bernie Sanders got elected that would have been some real left wing change.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

booaaa... well yeah. they all follow the money or derivatives... and good commodity is like click bait 'HATE TRUMP' get pagerank views or whatever, that's business. Thinking means so much as not following the mamon... Celebs follow start rapping crap just to stay on top in the pagerank. YT is revenue , result puppets on a wifi-string and very boring entertainment. downside of this (for the left sarcastic) that eventually every 'sheep' starts to think if demonitarization follows.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

As H L Mencken said....Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American Public

Alex Jones is a genius to take a BS cable access show in Austin and turn it into a multi million empire.
He knows precisely the demographic he is appealing to....the same people that support the "twitter in chief"
Alex belongs right up there with the top Madison Ave. Hucksters and PT Barnum.

I envision a Theological movement centering on Trump as the anointed one of God and started on the illustrious pages of ATS; where mocking the Orange one will be a cardinal sin punishable by being burned at the stake.

edit on 15-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Hillary was in bed with the CFR deeper than Trump. Hillary was in bed with Wall street deeper than Trump. Trump got elected and our foreign policy is exactly the same. Whether Hillary won or not, I think everything is pretty much exactly the same with Trump as president.

ah now I understand. But also , there could be a common denominator like 'Deep State' (please don't make AJ prop out of it just discuss). Also Bernie was really my favorite and you're right about that in theory but we never know. do we ? Seen from the political level only it's clear but , well there are forces beyond politics don't you agree ? That's also why left and right doesn't make any sense in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Well right that is exactly what I want to preach
and I looked into that in one op my posts.

So consider this:

Google is using the memetic jungle (aka internet) to influence people. People oppose to that and an endless war is born. The reason that left-right BS is augmenting is Google and it's queste to remold society.

Society as a whole doesn't get it and thinks searchresults are just the most searched sites. Very tough to make people see that a searchengine is a very powerful weapon in a information war.

It's a joke on you if you think they aren't trying to manipulate your thoughts.

Old story :

I completely understand being a IT man , before Google (1997) programmed my own search engine at that time only a few servers in my country. Eventually it went belly up. But before that a lot of people asked me to tweak the results somewhat....
It was very tempting to do.... so I completely understand people like Nick Dudich. fazit : Google is compromized

edit on 10152017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Reverbs

Really. I thought people poster here were strong enough not to let my personal views be hindrance to the quality of the discussion. Apparently I was delusional.

You just couldn't resist and neither can those you accuse of doing the same thing.

Delusional is a good word.
Another might be cognitive dissonance.

What is the opposite of a wedge?

So ..

bridge the gap..

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You are generalizing,many news outlets do give out the true news,many to choose from,and having common sense helps,the MSM is owned all the networks,but other choices

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join