It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
They dont... you are just an uneducated idiot...

Stop posting little brainwashed liberal scum and start reading.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Psst, I don't care.

Psst, who are my fellows?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Apparently you're not very familiar with history. Let's start with the Democratic party, shall we?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's true and it's sad.... conservatives are consistently on the wrong side with politics that lean toward racism, xenophobia, misogyny, and anti-science.

Liberals try to reason but the problem is conservatives don't reason. They breed anger and ignorance which leads to the support of evil.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think you forgot Rome in your indepth analysis of history.

...oh yeah, and Babylon.
edit on 16-10-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
A whole page of replies and not a single counterpoint!

Telling that the conservative types can't offer any rebuttals merely whining about the subject.

Rebuttals to false narratives and retcon history are a waste of bandwidth.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Many people will probably have already pointed this out, but it bears repeating: You don't quite have a handle on the political ideology or party at the time of many of the things that you mention.

But here's a thought exercise for you: Now do a post where Democrats have been on the wrong side of history.

You might find yourself correcting some of the things listed in your OP here and including them on that list.

In any event, it's great when you can say that you actually think for yourself and don't necessarily care about part lines and ideologies, or historical happening attributed to either.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Liberals try to reason but the problem is conservatives don't reason. They breed anger and ignorance which leads to the support of evil.

If you truly think that it's this one-sided, you aren't paying attention.

At all.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

If you truly think that it's this one-sided, you aren't paying attention.

At all.

Exactly.

Have conservatives been wrong? Sure.

But ...

So have progressives ... a lot.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Seems to be a lot of overthinking here.

In classic definitions, conservatives favor the status quo, traditional power structures, etc. Liberals favor the valuation of the individual and their civil rights.

Conservatives want things to stay the same; liberals want to change things for the better.

Conservatism defined by a non-conservative. So cute.

USA conservatives are not opposed to change. We are opposed to change for the sake of change. If the change is for the betterment of *everyone* and not just a few then it's good change. At the same time, we realize that traditions are the way they are *because they worked in the past.* So it is incumbent to actually stress-test a proposed change before we rewrite the rules and start throwing monkey wrenches. This is where the idea of state laboratories come from. Let the states try the ideas out first and minimize the damage within their borders. If the change was good, other states can adopt it. If the idea was *REALLY* good and many states are benefitting, then we can amend the Constitution!

Yes, it's slow and methodical. I won't dispute that at all.

But it's much better than the modern liberal idea of bringing the hammer down on private citizens through central planning and/or judicial fiat because they perceive some massive slight against one demographic or another.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

All you have to do is follow the laws conservatives back.

I thought Trump was elected because of his business acumen. Not moving along or changing is death to businesses.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Teikiatsu

All you have to do is follow the laws conservatives back.

I thought Trump was elected because of his business acumen. Not moving along or changing is death to businesses.

Moving or changing in the wrong way is also death to business.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Fear and stagnation pretty much sums up the conservative philosophy.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Fear and stagnation pretty much sums up the conservative philosophy.

Not really, but thanks for trying!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This is selective redefining of the word conservative. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

This is selective redefining of the word conservative. Nothing more, nothing less.

Moving goalposts, retconning history, changing definitions. Pretty much the standard modern progressive playbook.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As is evident here the reason conservatives are always on the wrong side is because they have a refusal to learn.

They’re just dumb people who follow fake gods and justify oppression and discrimination and recently elected a piece of sh*t misogynist as president. You know, like geniuses do.

They’re generally understood to be less educated— and have a bizarre bias against science.

They voted for a man child little insulting mental ill ego maniac. Because conservatives are smart?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

As is evident here the reason conservatives are always on the wrong side is because they have a refusal to learn.

They’re just dumb people who follow fake gods and justify oppression and discrimination and recently elected a piece of sh*t misogynist as president. You know, like geniuses do.

They’re generally understood to be less educated— and have a bizarre bias against science.

They voted for a man child little insulting mental ill ego maniac. Because conservatives are smart?

Yet another draw from the playbook - whenever progressives realize they have lost the argument they resort to name calling.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Why?

Let me know. Educate me. Make me understand. I'm all ears. Why? Why is it that with every major positive change in these United States, you're on the wrong side of the field? Level with me here. Throw some mud at me while you're at it!

It didn't help with the fact that it was conservative southerners who lead the opposition against desegregation at both the State and Federal level during the 60s.

It's a fact of history that all of those States and their State legislatures who enforced Jim Crow laws were historically and still are conservative red states today.

And no let's not use the excuse that the main reason for conservative opposition to desegration back then was purely that of 'States rights' and the constitution. Conservatives supported these laws themselves and attempted to enforce them in their respective states through their OWN state legislatures on their very own residents. Unfortunately for these conservative groups they suffered a loss in this battle thanks to the Civil Rights Act.

How about allowing two consenting adults to freely marry and have the same rights as the rest of us?
Oh that was a no no for conservatives as well! You couldn't stand on the right side of history on that issue either. Lord knows we need to tell non-whites and whites in our States who they *must* marry. Thankfully with the Loving V. Virginia Supreme Court case of 67', another loss.

More recently it was conservatives couldn't stand for gays and lesbians gaining the right to marriage. That fell with Obergefell v. Hodges a mere two years ago. Another loss

The list goes on. It goes on.

-State enforced segegration of public schools? Yep, deep red Kansas, pushed by conservatives. Shot down in 55' by the Supreme Court case of Brown V. Board of Education. Another loss.

-Slavery? Was enforced overwhelmingly by red southern conservative states. Brought down by the loss of the Civil War and the emancipation proclamation.

-Abortion? The decision on whether women have the right to choose. Conservatives lead the charge against granting this right to women. Brought down by the Roe V. Wade ruling of 73'. Another loss.

I mean we look at all these major social turning points in history, and I always seem to find those on the right to be on the wrong side, the losing side, the side that wanted to maintain the status quo.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? Let me know. Also let me know about positive events, turning points, where conservatives supported and liberals opposed? The Iraq war? Mission accomplished right? Tax cuts for the rich? Cliven Bundy? Fox news? Christ. I can't think of anything.

Throw some mud at me. Tell me I'm partisan. I only see facts.
Why ? Because of liberal and communist revisionist historians. It's very simple .

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Yet another draw from the playbook - whenever progressives realize they have lost the argument they resort to name calling.

Actually I’ve listed a bunch of reasons to believe conservatives lack intelligence. Of course you had a hard time understanding that......

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join