It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Gryphon66

I believe that I have mostly been addressing the laws conservatives back.

Eh? Did I say otherwise?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

And morally the woman should protect the life within her, as it cannot protect itself.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That is hilarious to say liberals value individual rights. Liberals want big government to tell us what to do, think, and say all the while taking away individual rights.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: MOMof3

And morally the woman should protect the life within her, as it cannot protect itself.

That’s the rub. You think that YOUR morals should govern HER body.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That is hilarious to say liberals value individual rights. Liberals want big government to tell us what to do, think, and say all the while taking away individual rights.

That’s your opinion and is not borne out by anything. You’re spouting the rhetoric you’ve been fed.

All American politics favors big government.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It is not about "her" it is about the life inside her. And "MY morals" ,lol, yes, "my morals" say don't kill a defenseless human being. I will stick with those morals any day

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

not opinion, backed by how liberals act and what they believe. Liberals are the ones that shut down any conservative speaker who tries to speak at a university.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

That's why I gave birth to 3 in three years.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Why?

Let me know. Educate me. Make me understand. I'm all ears. Why? Why is it that with every major positive change in these United States, you're on the wrong side of the field? Level with me here. Throw some mud at me while you're at it!
Throw some mud at me. Tell me I'm partisan. I only see facts.

Without any eddymacatering you whatsoever, I could argue that is is now irrelevant if the 'Conservatives' are on the wrong side of history, every bit as much as the, Republican and Democrats are both on the 'wrong side of history'....today.
Both parties have increasingly isolated themselves from the vast majority of the American groundswell in the 'white heat' of technology, and really they have done for some decades now...the trouble is, so many have been left behind in the rush, and nobody cared that much, until the Orange Knight came along that is...and fooled everybody.
Now everyone pays.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It is not about "her" it is about the life inside her. And "MY morals" ,lol, yes, "my morals" say don't kill a defenseless human being. I will stick with those morals any day

Right, and as I said, that’s the rub. To you, your opinion about her body is more important than her natural rights and autonomy over her body. Until viability, there is only one human being involved here, her.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Because YOU forgot the DNC's history rather conveniently and we keep it ALL a secret from YOU alone.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

not opinion, backed by how liberals act and what they believe. Liberals are the ones that shut down any conservative speaker who tries to speak at a university.

Actually, you’re stating nothing but your opinion, as am I.

The difference is you’re repeating what you’ve heard on your chosen media and generalizing and exaggerating.

My comment is backed up by history and the simple facts of the matter. I won’t bother you with actual evidence, but you can do a simple Google search and look at what the word “liberal” means.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Because YOU forgot the DNC's history rather conveniently and we keep it ALL a secret from YOU alone.

No, actually, he pointed out the fact that the Southern conservatives were in the Democratic Party until they moved to the Republican Party in response to Civil Rights.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

The parties didn't switch the way it is portrayed by the left.

They most certainly did.

It's important however to understand that the Democratic party of the past and the Democratic party of today differs significantly. In particular, the KKK held a strong following in the Southern 'Dixiecrat' wing of the Democratic party. Who were the Dixiecrats?

The Dixiecrats were a political party organized in the summer of 1948 by conservative white southern Democrats committed to states' rights and the maintenance of segregation and opposed to federal intervention into race, and to a lesser degree, labor relations.

www.encyclopediaofalabama.org...

It's also important to understand that the Democratic party of the pre-civil rights era was split between the progressive, more liberal Northern wing and the Southern conservative wing. This is how they managed to win the South back then. This is why you had conservatives the likes of Ronald Reagan (conservative icon), Strom Thurmond (known as one of the leading opponents to the civil rights movement) and Bob Barr (lead impeachment against Bill Clinton, ran Libertarian 2008) as members of the Democratic Party before they decided to switch Republican in the 60's and 70's:

www.senate.gov...

Reagan himself said it best with regards to switching from Democrat to Republican in the 60s:

Reagan's decision to cross over to the GOP didn't come as much of a surprise. "I didn't leave the Democratic Party," he famously said. "The party left me."

content.time.com...

So there certainly was a major party switch. Reagan is the most obvious example of this. You can't deny history.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Which wouldn't exist WITHOUT Republicans in the first place.
SOME who died, but I doubt whites matter HERE RIGHT?

WE CAN deny a BIAS interpre pretation radicalized by SKIN however...as it isn't a problem to us right now...JUST ACTIVISTS,who are rampant, tools,these days

NOT to mention ,the GUNS are still here so ,nothing will happen to us from the DNC Jihadists we can't shut down.
edit on 15-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Which wouldn't exist WITHOUT Republicans in the first place.
SOME who died, but I doubt whites matter HERE RIGHT?

WE CAN deny a BIAS interpre pretation radicalized by SKIN however...as it isn't a problem to us right now...JUST ACTIVISTS,who are rampant, tools,these days

White Americans matter just as much as do all other Americans, Cav. Have I ever said anything that makes you think I believe differently?

Sadly, SKIN is merely one of the many variables our primate xenophobia focuses on ... it is one of the most ridiculous, I will grant you particularly in this day and age.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I suppose I 'm commenting to the OP as well...sorry..I drifted man..
I HATED LBJ the WORST of any President from HIS rather OBVIOUS disgusting behavior.
Nixon lied ...I think it's a language to sociopaths.
Trump needed to interact to sell on a personal basis,there isn't a WEINSTINE stain there at all ,JUST that HE WON'T SHUT UP.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I suppose I 'm commenting to the OP as well...sorry..I drifted man..
I HATED LBJ the WORST of any President from HIS rather OBVIOUS disgusting behavior.
Nixon lied ...I think it's a language to sociopaths.
Trump needed to interact to sell on a personal basis,there isn't a WEINSTINE stain there at all ,JUST that HE WON'T SHUT UP.

I hear you. All politicians are sociopaths in my book. I have my own opinions about Mr. Trump which aren’t germane to the topic at hand.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This hit piece doesn't even deserve that but you seem to need the attention.

You know the common issue I find with many members on here is dishonesty. Dishonesty in where they stand and what they believe in. I see A LOT of pretend fence sitting and 'concern trolling' where people won't come out and state the obvious. I don't have the time or patience for this. So call the OP a hit piece intrepid, please do. I'm happy with what I posted, telling it like it is.

Funnily on the first page, no real rebuttles on what I posted.

You are equating apples with bananas. There weren't southern conservatives opposed to this?

Oh I'm sure there were but that's really the point. The point is, the opposition to desegregation and dismantling of jim crow laws, legalization of abortion, legalization of gay marriage, abolishment of slavery, all all lead by conservative groups. Think about the major positive turning points in the nations history and then look to the ideology behind those who opposed those changes. Coincidence or a pattern we're seeing? Supposedly small government conservatives who seem to be in the way of expanding freedoms.

It's the truth and it's a hard pill to swollow I'm sure.

There weren't northern conservatives at all?

The majority of northerners were and are progressive or liberal leaning. There were and are a large chuck of northerners who are conservative. There were also a small portion of northerners who stood against all the above mentioned. I'll let you think about that.

I'm a fan of your posts intrepid. Always have been for the years I've been on here.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join