It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You didn't answer my question though. What about the rights of the child ? You are all about the right to choose what happens to "your " body but that child gets denied that right?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't have an issue with abortion.
Don't really care one way or another.
I just have to laugh at some of the reasons I hear to justify the choice.

And on a side note, you're a fries and gravy guy.
What are the abortion laws in Canada?
Similar to roe v wade?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You are living under liberal views. If you look at the real account of history (the history of America is being removed to cover up the misdeeds of the democratic party) democrats were responsible for the KKK, when Lincoln freed the slaves the only ones that owned any at that time were democrats and they were dead set against freeing them etc etc etc. Both parties have made their own sewer to swim in, however the democrats have never taken responsibility for anything they have done, Hillary is a good example.a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
A whole page of replies and not a single counterpoint!

Telling that the conservative types can't offer any rebuttals merely whining about the subject.

I rebutted the OP's point, but I disagree with whether or not someone can actually be on "the wrong side of history" because I think the premise of history having "right" and "wrong" sides, especially before it actually *is* history is an erroneous one and mainly a piece of rhetoric designed to force an opponent to simply give in and back down without actually being proven that they are wrong in their beliefs or contentions.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gimcrackery

Hey at least those Democrats were all for states rights and less Federal government. Gotta give them credit for that, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

If children have individual rights how did Idaho pass a law freeing parents from prosecution based on religious beliefs. From laws like child abuse, neglect, injury, and manslaughter.

And if you think a fetus is a viable individual, why isn't it a tax deduction?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The classic liberalism is the gas pedal, conservatism is the breaks. A bit of both is needed because progression isn't a direct straight line for the best outcome. The worst actors on the stage here are the ones demanding one or the other is removed.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
You are living under liberal views. If you look at the real account of history (the history of America is being removed to cover up the misdeeds of the democratic party) democrats were responsible for the KKK, when Lincoln freed the slaves the only ones that owned any at that time were democrats and they were dead set against freeing them etc etc etc. Both parties have made their own sewer to swim in, however the democrats have never taken responsibility for anything they have done, Hillary is a good example.a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not every republican is a conservative
Not every democrat is a liberal.

He is discussing conservatives, not partys that can change significantly over years.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

And on a side note, you're a fries and gravy guy.
What are the abortion laws in Canada?
Similar to roe v wade?

Hey man, don't forget the cheese curds.

Abortion here has been readily available for decades. It's also covered by our health system.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Sorry, I will never believe in killing of innocent children

What about a child who got in a accident and is legally braindead, kept alive by machines?

I think defining what turns a being from just life to a person. People should be protected of course, but where is the point from fetus to person, or from person to vegetable

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If a pregnant woman is killed the individual that killed her is charged with the death of both the woman and the unborn child, yet it is ok if a woman chooses to kill the unborn child? Makes 0 sense

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

False equivalency. but nice try.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Thank you for mentioning it, really peaked my curiosity. Theodore Roosevelt's Party. It's too bad that the Bull Moose Party did not catch on. Some of it's ideologies would represents a vast number of American voters who lies in the Center now.

He and the Republicans at the time espoused what many may now term liberal policies.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh man, do we have to rehash this abortion crap for the umpteenth time?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's a parent's choice again. Whether to keep life support or remove. The only person I know that advocated for interference of family medical decisions is conservative Jeb Bush.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In my mind here is all that really matters; the progressives, liberals, left wing, whatever have always been more interested in empire than they have been in republic. These wins, if they are wins, are merely lame attempts to appease the minority groups within the empire. To keep them from breaking up their empire.

It never works, all empires fall eventually. The reason they fall is because they are always trying to appease people who don't really want to be ruled by them.

If people in the united states would start to study what a federal republic actually is and start voting for people that also understood what that is then the united states would calm down and start minding its own business. At this moment it seems there is slim chance of that as nearly every politician on the federal level is swooning for empire.

This is why I still support Trump. His executive approaches have all been to take the power away from the empire (international corporations) and give it back to the people of the republic.

Think for a minute why we have troops in nearly every nation. Is it to defend Americans from attack? They say it is, but I don't think so - they are there protecting corporate interests.

Think for a minute when the whole Confederate statue razing craze was going on. Why is the only one that exists in Washington DC left alone? Why does Albert Pike get a pass? Because Albert Pike was the first globalist with power of any sort in the United States. He is a hero to the Globalist. His statue will never be touched.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

If a pregnant woman is killed the individual that killed her is charged with the death of both the woman and the unborn child, yet it is ok if a woman chooses to kill the unborn child? Makes 0 sense

Fetal homicide is a state by state issue decided by state legislators. Morally, the victim should receive justice for the life she wanted to have.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I suppose some of the topics raised by the OP depend where your beliefs are (abortion) but just for some balance, In the UK the Conservatives have had A female leader of the party (who then became A female primeminister), not once but twice, the conservatives introduced gay marriage.

I think Labour (the left in the UK) need to find an inspiring female leader, they only been a party since 1900

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Seems to be a lot of overthinking here.

In classic definitions, conservatives favor the status quo, traditional power structures, etc. Liberals favor the valuation of the individual and their civil rights.

Conservatives want things to stay the same; liberals want to change things for the better.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I believe that I have mostly been addressing the laws conservatives back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join