It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It absolutely is false. Democrats were irrelevant to my response, nice try at deflecting though. Republicans have been in favor of many positive reforms to civil rights. That is a matter of fact and history that you cannot change. The only way his post is true is if you think women's suffrage, the Civil Rights Act etc are blemishes on the face of history. If you think those are great things, then Republicans were on the right side of history in those and many other cases. This makes his post a bunch of partisan malarkey, and you know it. Republicans are not always on the wrong side of history. Can you admit that or are you gonna continue being dishonest?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Imagine that.

Activists trying to reinvigorate a movement saying "crazy" controversial things.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

OP didn't mention Republicans either.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Gotcha on the wordplay. It's still false. In order for it to be true, every bill that has ever passed with a bipartisan majority would have to be the wrong side of history. Again, you know his post was a bs attack on conservatives, not matter what words we move around.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

There are very few folks who actively seek to serve as an evil actor in a scenario.

Very few are more than enough.

“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”

H. Arendt

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
It absolutely is false. Democrats were irrelevant to my response, nice try at deflecting though.

So that big 'ol image with democrat on it over and over isn't really there?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It has Democrat on it, but it's not critical to what I said. Use your head please.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Gotcha on the wordplay. It's still false. In order for it to be true, every bill that has ever passed with a bipartisan majority would have to be the wrong side of history. Again, you know his post was a bs attack on conservatives, not matter what words we move around.

It's not word play chief. You're talking about political parties, OP is talking about ideologies.

No, your attempt to make this discussion a black-or-white fallacy is the only thing false here.

I know that what OP said was factual. I know that posts like yours are attempting to obfuscate the facts.

You're not very good at the mind-reading deal ... best keep your day-job.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: daskakik

It has Democrat on it, but it's not critical to what I said. Use your head please.

You posted a graphic that was denouncing the words of Democrats, stating what Democrats had and hadn't done, but it has nothing to do with Democrats?

I think you should take your own advice.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It was critical enough to include it.

The OP on the other hand doesn't include the word democrat or republican.
edit on 18-10-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Imagine that.

Activists trying to reinvigorate a movement saying "crazy" controversial things.

LMAO!!!

Its why i generally have a negative view of activists.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That graphic contained a lot of information, none of the facts about Democrats opposing civil rights were critical to my point.

We can forget about parties and it's still a false premise, instead of partisan it's ideological. Conservatives passed over 300 bills into law in the last 2 years of Obama's presidency. Every single one of them was on the wrong side of history?

It's false. You know it's false. Just admit it, don't embarrass yourself.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Imagine that.

LMAO!!!

Its why i generally have a negative view of activists.

Oh, I have a very negative attitude toward activists in general because they only want to address the parts of the truth that they think positively affects their cause.

I admired the three founders of BLM for their inclusion of Black LGBT citizens in their materials -- kind of dicey when you're looking for wide-scale support in the Black community.

We see that aspect has diminished in importance as time has gone on, however. Not to mention, the extremists have the bit between their teeth now.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

the worst part about all that is that is glosses over individuals and looks towards groupthink as if that were something worth noting.

Who cares which party has the bigger assholes? Is it not enough that they are both full of assholes in general, or do we need to figure out which is worse? While we are at it we can figure out if that white speck on top of a pile of chicken poop is still chicken poop, or if it being different makes it better.

Same thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Who cares which party has the bigger assholes? Is it not enough that they are both full of assholes in general, or do we need to figure out which is worse?

Not that I disagree with you, but the answer to "who cares?" is about 99% of the posters in the Political forums here.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Guys, conservatives are not on the wrong side this time. They’re pretty sure Climate scientists don’t know sh*t about climate science. And electing a guy with Narcissistic Personality Disorder who attacks all media that criticizes him, and disparages his own intelligence community and war vets, and has the support of White Supremacists and White Nationalists is the smart move this time. They’re really sure they got it right this time... just gotta give them a chance to deport and ban the brown people before we make our final judgment.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Who cares which party has the bigger assholes? Is it not enough that they are both full of assholes in general, or do we need to figure out which is worse?

Not that I disagree with you, but the answer to "who cares?" is about 99% of the posters in the Political forums here.

Just trying to lead a horse to water here.....

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Conservatives understand things. When a guy comes a long, not from libtard Hollywood, but from respectable Reality TV land, and he stirs up anger and division everywhere he goes, encouraging violence, attracting all the hate groups, antagonizing everyone with insults and disrespect... You vote that guy President of the United States.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Conservatives understand things. When a guy comes a long, not from libtard Hollywood, but from respectable Reality TV land, and he stirs up anger and division everywhere he goes, encouraging violence, attracting all the hate groups, antagonizing everyone with insults and disrespect... You vote that guy President of the United States.

I think the majority of DJT's votes came from people who weren't voting for him, but were voting against Hillary. Especially after Hillary took the hose to Sanders and screwed him out of the nomination.

Had the DNC not played dirty with the primaries, we all could have been spared from Agent Orange as president.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

There was nothing wrong with the Primaries which are administered by the States themselves.

Bernie is and has been an Independent and should have run as such. THAT might have made a difference in the election.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join