It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This is ridiculous.

Partisan politricks is getting old...

Yawn...

Exactly right.So many will not consider a point unless they are of like mind when they register a party to vote. If it is something that I think can be good then I"ll support it. And both wings on the same bird will do many things alike. Especially if it brings more money and power to the one working the system. i mean, politicians are as good as welfare mothers when it comes to working the system.

I actually have the representative in my area as a friend. We have done business on several occasions. Nothing big. We're both gun collectors. I like the man and think he's a pretty good guy. But even he pisses me off sometimes. Power is a drug and most involved with politics are hooked bad. They need their fix and and they need stronger doses as time goes on.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Hmm ... there were Republican Slave owners during the Civil War? Interesting ... Also, during the time after the Civil War .... Jim Crows laws were pushed by the Republicans? As a Centrist I can see better now how the those to my left thinks and how well our educational system is working... Thanks.

Red herring, the O.P never said anything about Reps vs Dems, but Conservative vs Liberal..parties can switch ideologies.
BTW a plus for the Cons, they gave us the EPA and Bankrupted the USSR.
Oh I forgot, what is now Obama care was originally a conservative idea.

edit on 18-10-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: DrumJunkie

The left and right wing are on the same bald eagle

We have a fence sitter here folks. Plenty of them around. They just sit and point to both sides, and then contribute nothing of value to the conversation.

At least I can actually have a debate and discussion with the opposite side.

no, not a fence sitter. just don't need a R or a D to think a bill is good or not. I lean conservative on most issues. i just understand that the little letter by their names does not make them better or worse. It's what they are trying to do.

You on the other hand will say..I don't care if the guy is an a$$hat. I like them because they are R or D. you are telling me you can spend all day pointing at one side of the isle and poke at them while saying hooray for my side. WE have had GOP people be OK with gun bans. To me this is unacceptable. So I can't just sit the and say well that's OK as long as they have that little R. A RINO is still a republican, so I'm guessing they are OK?

I am a registered republican. But I am more of a Constitutionalist. If you don't like what is in there then don't let the iron in your system turn to lead in your rear. There are ways to do that. It's in there how.

I'll just stick with discussing issues on an individual basis and not wear blinders. If that holds no value to you then I don't think it is I that has the problem. It's you and those like you.
edit on 10/18/2017 by DrumJunkie because: spell check

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As the saying goes if you want to anger a conservative you lie to them, if you want to anger a liberal you tell them the truth.

Let's start with the biggest lie you are pushing: the parties switched sides.

In 1964 the desegregation bill was attacked full on by a group lead by Al Gore Senior, a democrat. Father of your global climate warming change cult. Al Senior was a democrat, Al Junior also a democrat.

Your entire argument is the mentally ill leftist argument that everything Democrats did the Republicans are responsible for.

You can live with your lies, but history and us, know you are blowing smoke out of your third point of contact.

Now you can start your typical response of name calling, threats and more lies.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ParasuvO

Well one hopes that Jesus will let St. Paul in on the big scoop:

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

(Romans 13: 1-6, New International Version)

You sure the church didnt forge that to justify emperors and monarchs?

Nope, but then I'm not a part of the cult that claims that the Bible is the literal inspired Word of God, either.

In any case many in the left have been procensorship and pro gun control.

Really? Who? When? What? Where?

On leftist forums you hear those who believe initiating physical violence and incarceration of those merely with different viewpoints is justified.

And you hear the same on rightest forums. It's the internet; people say things.

People cannot be physically attacked nor jailed for mere opinions, symbols or drawings. Thats ludicrous.

You may want to watch a few History of Western Civilization courses on Youtube. Then review some recent events.

They also want to allow mass uncontrolled immigration of individuals hostile to the united states.

They who? What? When? Where? Quote someone saying this. PS, if you want to make America great again, you might start with proper capitalization.

I mean political correctness has the same stench of all those high social class rituals and honor heavy societies. Detestable rituals imposed to keep one on edge, to shame one and to hold power over one. The ways of lowly beasts. As resource scarcity and climate change strike such will be undone.

And then you abandon all pretense of a rational conversation ... blatta blatta blah.

May I make a request? In the future, since I try to do most members the courtesy of a response when something is directed at me, can you focus on maybe one or two of your most important points you'd like to communicate, be specific in your claim, and back up anything that's not common knowledge or mere opinion? I appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HookahBill

Here is an interesting piece of history.

Thanks to Republican appointees to the supreme Court, roe v wade became legal in 1973 with a 7-2 vote. The only Democrat appointee voted against abortion.

The court has been majority Republican appointees since 1969.

Think about that. I won't point out the obvious.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That's because the focus of the case was initially about a doctor's right to provide services regardless of local interference.

It was a "right to work" case that transcended its initial boundaries.
edit on 18-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How bizarre that a bunch of uneducated racists would think there was a time when they weren't the uneducated racists. Today they disparage against the free speech of BLM and NFL players protesting systemic racism, while defending the free speech of White Supremacists. They also show their support for other racist symbols like confederates statues, the confederate flag, and as if they haven't driven their point home, they support Muslim bans and mass deportations.

Conservatives... the backwards, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, anti-science party. Always have been. Always will be.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The court ruling was based on the 14th amendment. A woman had the right to privacy. But they allowed states to set The conditions how the abortion would be done. That's when repubs was a true conservative philosophy.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
How bizarre that a bunch of uneducated racists would think there was a time when they weren't the uneducated racists. Today they disparage against the free speech of BLM and NFL players protesting systemic racism, while defending the free speech of White Supremacists. They also show their support for other racist symbols like confederates statues, the confederate flag, and as if they haven't driven their point home, they support Muslim bans and mass deportations.

Conservatives... the backwards, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, anti-science party. Always have been. Always will be.

Dunno man...what i've seen is BLM saying crazy, insane things that no sane person can support. And the NFL players made a huge show to get our attention...and did nothing with it. Like it was a protest meant only for their own solidarity, and not to really do much outside of histrionics.

Although it does seem that each party tends to collect its own brand of whacko crazies, i have to reject your assertion.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The main difficulty in this situation is nobody likes being told they're wrong, nobody likes being shown they're wrong, and nobody likes having to admit the're wrong. The human psyche builds a number of defense mechanism to protect itself from experiencing the aforementioned scenarios through a variety of manners (many of which have already been demonstrated here). This is not the sole purview of conservatives either, but rather a fact of the human condition (for all ideologies).

For the most part. Society has been moving in a liberal direction (taken as an aggregate, since there are of course pockets that buck the trend). There is some argument to be made that conservative ideology serves some beneficial purpose in easing the transition (which one could argue has a number of associated benefits) and of course there are a number of conservative stances that are for the most part mirrored by liberal entities (and are delineated only by the specificity of the approach or targets) such as fiscal responsibility (for example the conservative approach would be to reduce social services to reign in the budget while the liberal approach would be to reduce military spending to achieve it as well).

There are very few folks who actively seek to serve as an evil actor in a scenario. The base assumption should be a given that we all do what we think is best, and the disagreements we find ourselves in usually foment an overly negative scenario that divides and alienates ourselves from each other. Regardless of which side of history we find ourselves on, we should take care to practice inclusive forgiveness as the defacto approach to these issues rather than striking at an 'other' and wondering why they hit us back (and hating them for it).
edit on 42am17famWed, 18 Oct 2017 09:22:52 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 18 Oct 2017 09:22:52 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The most fantastic post this thread has seen.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Indeed. Eloquently stated!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Dunno man...what i've seen is BLM saying crazy, insane things that no sane person can support.

I’ve not heard BLM say any such crazy thing but I have heard people attribute crazy statements to BLM.

However I have heard the President of the United States disrespect every prisoner of war by saying he likes people who don’t get caught.

Sorry but “crazy things no sane person can support”... hard for me not to roll my eyes at that one.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Now contrast this with saying "I like people who don't get captured".

edit on 18-10-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Oh look ... Koch-paid for agents provocateurs on Youtoob ...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I think a better question would be why you felt the need to present a plainly false narrative?

I know I'll get a lot of responses with the myth about how everyone miraculously agreed to flip parties at some point, so everything bad Dems ever did can still be blamed on Republicans. No matter how you spin it, it's plainly false that Republicans are always on the wrong side of history. Anyone continuing to parrot that is a blatant liar.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Nothing at all false about OP's claims.

Tell me can you find that they mentioned "Democrats" in their post at all?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

How do we identify real protestors and actual spokespeople for Black Lives Matter?

I just want to understand because I used to think I knew how but it turns out they were all paid by Soros. How do we know these people are legit? Is there a general rule to follow or a way you identified these people as Black Lives Matter spokespeople?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I’ve not heard BLM say any such crazy thing but I have heard people attribute crazy statements to BLM.

White [people] if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a Black or Brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty. … White [people] if you can afford to downsize give up the home you own to a Black or Brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty. … White [people], re-budget your monthly so you can donate to Black funds for land purchasing.

That doesn't sound crazy?

“Whiteness is not humxness,” Yusra Khogali wrote in a just-discovered Facebook post from December 2015, according to the Toronto Sun. “infact, white skin is sub-humxn.”

Yeah, that one is sensational. And isn't leadership proper....its the toronto leadership. The full quote gets worse.

The problem with BLM is worrying about "white people", as if that won't propagate racism even more. Instead they should focus efforts on systems of oppression. The government runs these systems, and the government isn't just white folks.

However I have heard the President of the United States disrespect every prisoner of war by saying he likes people who don’t get caught.

Im unsure why this matters? Trump is a moron. He says morose things. But that has nothing to do with anything we were talkinga about. You just pulled that out of thin air to add to a smear that isn't topical in anyway to the conversation we were having (racism, BLM, white nationalists).

Sorry but “crazy things no sane person can support”... hard for me not to roll my eyes at that one.

Why? Is it because you erected the strawman of Donald Trumps comments to make BLM look a little less crazy?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join