It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The left and right wing are on the same bald eagle. As long as we as a people can't all understand that we will always be "on the wrong side of history."

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ParasuvO

Well one hopes that Jesus will let St. Paul in on the big scoop:

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

(Romans 13: 1-6, New International Version)

You sure the church didnt forge that to justify emperors and monarchs?

In any case many in the left have been procensorship and pro gun control. On leftist forums you hear those who believe initiating physical violence and incarceration of those merely with different viewpoints is justified.

People cannot be physically attacked nor jailed for mere opinions, symbols or drawings. Thats ludicrous.

They also want to allow mass uncontrolled immigration of individuals hostile to the united states.

I mean political correctness has the same stench of all those high social class rituals and honor heavy societies. Detestable rituals imposed to keep one on edge, to shame one and to hold power over one. The ways of lowly beasts. As resource scarcity and climate change strike such will be undone.
edit on 17-10-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The entire post of the OP is opinion as it is clearly illustrated via the headline as well. Where is his or your moral authority to claim any person is on the "right" or "wrong" side of any topic? You couldn't handle the facts as you are already predisposed to label anyone who holds an opposite opinion to yours is automatically wrong.

There is nothing to discuss. The OP does not invite any type of a discussion. He, instead, is acting more like a troll. Trolls don't really care about a debate. They just want to bait people into a meaningless argument.

He even ends his OP with a rhetorical question. Again he is not interested in having a discussion. It appears you missed that point.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In the past, yes, conservatives admit they had some bad calls, but now is different- they feel pretty sure supporting White Supremacists and Neo Nazis is the right move this time.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Climate Scientists or Right Wing politicians - which is the better source for Climate Science knowledge... conservatives are pretty sure they know this answer too.
edit on 17-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Whenever you say "obviously" it's a strong indication that you're about to spout more of your unsubstantiated opinion.

LOL... has to be gryphon making such a claim...

You claimed that "conservatives want big government". It has been your argument, alongside other claims, but you are completely ignoring the fact that Republicans In Name Only are all progressives...

Paul Ryan's record shows he voted conservative in 21 votes, and voted liberal in 23 votes.

www.conservativereview.com...=2

He is a RINO and a "modern liberal". Since when is "liberal = conservative"?...

Paul Ryan’s liberal secret: Why he’s suddenly endorsing the social safety net

www.conservativereview.com...

Classic conservatism favors nationalism, adherence to the letter rather than the spirit of the law, obedience to governmental hierarchy and power structures and compliance with traditional societal mores.

First of all, nationalism in itself is not bad... In fact most countries have been nationalistic in nature. Second of all, believing in and upholding the law doesn't equal to being bad, or being in favor of big government... There are laws that are necessary for any society to function... As for your claim that being conservative equals to obeying hierarchy and power structure... Is that why conservatives have been against many of the laws implemented by Presidents like Obama?...

Or how about this. Since the left have been obedient and loved the laws passed by former President Obama, i guess that makes them conservative?... That's your argument not mine...

No one needed Obama to recognize that people of different gender identities exist and should have the same rights as all Americans.

Except that instead of implementing a "civil union" in the case of same sex unions, it was instead implemented that same sex unions should be seen as "marriages". By doing this it has allowed for same sex partners to sue religious institutions for not wanting to be forced to "marry" same sex partners.

For now same sex partners have been able to sue religious institutions that are "for profit". But there have been several attempts already to sue "non-profit" religious institutions.

Gay Couple May Sue Church Of England Following Passage Of Marriage Equality Bill

Same-sex partners covered in new Michigan Catholic Church health plan

It's funny, the more you try to deny that your conservatism is simply pure authoritarianism, the more you demonstrate, clearly, that you're only dissatisfied with government when it isn't calling the shots the way YOU like.

It's funny that you want to claim not to be authoritarian, and want to instead blame people like me when it is people like you who want to force your views on others.

If the LGBT community had instead tried to implement a "civil union" instead of forcing the rest of the population to view same sex unions as "marriage", we would be having a much different discussion...

In essence by making same sex a "marriage" it is allowing many in the LGBT community to sue religious institutions for not accepting the LGBT view on same sex unions, which in itself is an authoritarian measure...

If it had been made a "civil union" then religious institutions would not have been forced to perform same sex marriages and instead the state itself would have been doing the "civil unions".

How many "civil unions" have there been for people who are not religious and have "become opposite sex partners" through the state instead of through religious institutions? ...

Civil union
A civil union, also referred to by a variety of other names, is a legally recognized arrangement similar to marriage. These unions have been established in a number of countries since the late 1990s, often developing from less formal domestic partnership legislation.More at Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

But nooo, the LBGT community wanted to force their views on religious people.

edit on 17-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

edit on 17-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

edit on 17-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Swoooosh!

Same old, same old on the old ATS.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Swoooosh!

Same old, same old on the old ATS.

Want to make a concise argument, or do you assume people can read your mind?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

No, I assume people can see where your reading comprehension failed because gryphon's argument was pretty simple and straight forward.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No, I assume people can see where your reading comprehension failed because gryphon's argument was pretty simple and straight forward.

A simple and straightforward argument when it is full of fallacies?... Are you still claiming not to be "left-wing"?...

Swoooosh!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

A simple and straightforward argument when it is full of fallacies?...

Actually he was saying that conservatives, not just RINOs, lie. They push for big government where it suits them. That would have been clear to most people but apparently not you.

Are you still claiming not to be "left-wing"?...

I'ts all I can claim when I don't support them or the right. Besides I'm not really the topic of the thread.

Swoooosh!

That doesn't really work here.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Actually he was saying that conservatives, not just RINOs, lie. They push for big government where it suits them. That would have been clear to most people but apparently not you.

Let's actually look at the differences between modern American conservatives and liberals, and not what you, gryphon and a few others want to claim...

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

www.studentnewsdaily.com...

i wonder which is more in favor of "big government" and which is in favor of "smaller government"... Gosh it's so hard for some people to see the difference...

I'ts all I can claim when I don't support them or the right. Besides I'm not really the topic of the thread.

Yet in every thread you support left-wing policies and ideas... Hence why i used your "Swooosh! against you because you don't even understand that you are left-wing despite your claims of the contrary.

edit on 17-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Let's actually look at the differences between modern American conservatives and liberals, and not what you, gryphon and a few others want to claim...

Why? Nobody said they claimed to want the same thing.

i wonder which is more in favor of "big government" and which is in favor of "smaller government"... Gosh it's so hard for some people to see the difference...

Nobody said conservatives wanted big government more than liberals. That is a strawman.

Yet in every thread you support left-wing policies and ideas... Hence why i used your "Swooosh! against you because you don't even understand that you are left-wing despite your claims of the contrary.

No I don't. Show me a single instance where I have supported left-wing policies. Otherwise stop trying to tell me what I am. Next you will be telling me I'm a snake handling baptist even though I claim to be an atheist.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This is ridiculous.

Partisan politricks is getting old...

Yawn...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

According to that definition our govt has been Liberal since the mid 1800s at least.

Govt just gets bigger and more powerful no matter who gets elected.

There's no way to stop it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Think about how meaningless liberal and conservative has become as words in our language.

Conservationists are liberals, but not conservative?

Hahaha
edit on 10/18/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

According to that definition our govt has been Liberal since the mid 1800s at least.

Govt just gets bigger and more powerful no matter who gets elected.

There's no way to stop it.

Yes but apparently if a conservative is in charge it not only becomes more powerful but also less honorable and less intelligent.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

You mean if a conservative is in charge he's more liberal than a liberal even though neither are concerned about conservation of anything or about liberties...

Yeah I get it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

This is ridiculous.

It's ridiculous but you can't seem to counter the facts.

Explain to us here the many wonderful laws conservatives introduced to us in the last 50 years? Come on. You opposed interracial marriage in mass, you opposed desegregation, you rallied to preserve slavery, all your lovely red states. You pushed for the Iraq war, 3000+ troops dead, close to a trillion wasted and that country is an absolute mess now. You pushed for major tax cuts since the 80's, and yet we find the middle and lower classes and their incomes largely stagnent compared to the super wealthy. Income inequality high today from that. But all you can come up with to counter all these facts is "this is ridiculous"?

hmm.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumJunkie

The left and right wing are on the same bald eagle

We have a fence sitter here folks. Plenty of them around. They just sit and point to both sides, and then contribute nothing of value to the conversation.

At least I can actually have a debate and discussion with the opposite side.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join