It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do conservatives always find themselves on the wrong side of history?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: ketsuko

Jesus had no problems with government. He thought they were created by god but more important he was ok with taxes.

“Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him. (Mark 12:17)

That was a mistake he realized and will never make again.

Nothing will be left of government and all other liars following any enemies plans.

The Caesar's and those who created them...are done.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

1. Most Republicans would disagree with you. Nah, there's nothing reaching at all about the Republican Platform of 1956 as the heyday of the (actual) conservative Republican Party. From Goldwater (1964) onward you have the shift toward the Southern Strategy/Big Tent which incorporated the Southern Segregationists, the Religious Right, etc. culminating in Reagan's win in 1980.

2. I did read what was written; you were offering demonstrations of the ways in which you feel conservatives differ from liberals. However, until you prove differently, I'll be glad to take you at your word that you didn't do that in that particular sentence, just the ones before and after it.

3. If the people as a whole are victimized by the glaring disparities that we see and have seen in this country over the last 50 years, then no, even if you did magically do something that "helped everyone equally," you would still be pushing those starting out with advantage higher than the rest. The generic "leaving people more of their own means" is pure political rhetoric and "responsibility" used by modern conservatives merely means "don't look at me for help (or my fair share)."

4. Silly response.

5. You can define conservative as uniquely as you you wish for yourself, but the majority of those in the US that call themselves conservatives also at this point consider themselves Republicans.

6. Oh look, a list.

7. Jesus Christ what a specious little nit. The US Constitution was ratified by the People through the States to provide a National Government with greater centralized authority than was accomplished in the Articles of Confederation. If you're still unconvinced, read Article VI Clause 2 to dispel your rather obvious ignorance. And drop the nonsense about history; you're the only one here spouting your opinion rather than known facts.

If you're bored, I suggest that you do as I generally do with so many and move on rather than waste more of my time in such insipid little pretenses of conversation. Although your posts are typically not a lot more than vapid recitations of your opinions, I do usually do the courtesy of correction of such blatant errors of fact.

If you're bored with learning, however, I do understand.

Nite-nite.
edit on 16-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Well one hopes that Jesus will let St. Paul in on the big scoop:

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

(Romans 13: 1-6, New International Version)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ketsuko

Fear and stagnation pretty much sums up the conservative philosophy.

Actually no.

Fear is far higher on the liberal side..so much so it is mind-blowing at this point.

But fear no longer...you will have no more choice soon and then you won't have to worry.

Every left thinker now boggles my mind..become worse than the Christians following the preachers every lie.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Whenever you say "obviously" it's a strong indication that you're about to spout more of your unsubstantiated opinion.

Classic conservatism favors nationalism, adherence to the letter rather than the spirit of the law, obedience to governmental hierarchy and power structures and compliance with traditional societal mores.

No one needed Obama to recognize that people of different gender identities exist and should have the same rights as all Americans.

It's funny, the more you try to deny that your conservatism is simply pure authoritarianism, the more you demonstrate, clearly, that you're only dissatisfied with government when it isn't calling the shots the way YOU like.
edit on 16-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Democrats owned slaves. Democrats just like you. a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
NM
edit on 17-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe you do not seem to understand how many times conservatives warn of the NWO and other cover ups by the world that becomes corrupt with huge government that want power and money.
Talking about these globalist and elitist that run our society and ruin it.They are on the left and the right in all nations.Does not matter much because it will happen anyways.
They ruin something good with conservatives to make large money and profit destroying the family,destroying morals,destroying job growth,destroying real femisnt causes,destroying anyone who dares talk about Jesus Christ in the public.
They will force multi-culturalism on societies ruining them.
They now have control spying on anyone and everyone with smart phones and soon to becoming microchips which conservatives warned about for many decades and where laughed at.They lie about history to gain power and money.
Just the way it is and no one can stop them or you become like them.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Hell yeah, or neocon heroes strike back! I like this fully privatized narrative with austerity measures, carry on?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wankymcfallister

You know everything I said is historically accurate and can not be refuted. haahahahahahah Democrats are the party of slavery, now they are the party that will enslave you with Income Tax to the Bankers. They progress I guess you can say towards a banker oligarch.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

There is a reason the OP didn't use democrat or republican.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: wankymcfallister

You know everything I said is historically accurate and can not be refuted. haahahahahahah Democrats are the party of slavery, now they are the party that will enslave you with Income Tax to the Bankers. They progress I guess you can say towards a banker oligarch.

Slavery was cited in the US Constitution in 1789. There was no "Democratic Party" (or any other party) at that point.

Sorry, you fail, bigly.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

You know everything I said is historically accurate and can not be refuted. Democrats are the party of slavery,

Ah the Democratic Party of the 19th century. Backed by the pro-states rights, small federal government, evangelical Dixicrats of the South. All red states, enforcing the institution of slavery. They hated Lincoln, thought he was a big government wig.

Read your history.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Well...and Lincoln was pretty clear he didn't like black people and only wanted to end slavery to help the economy (a society with slavery has no jobs for everyone else).

Lincoln was on the right side of history sort of (im an antifederalist myself), but for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well...and Lincoln was pretty clear he didn't like black people and only wanted to end slavery to help the economy (a society with slavery has no jobs for everyone else).

Lincoln was on the right side of history sort of (im an antifederalist myself), but for all the wrong reasons.

I've done more reading on Lincoln in the last few months than I've ever done in my life.

First of all, despite the demi-god status he's given in American mythology ... he was first and foremost a politician.

His intention/hope was to free the slaves and have all of them migrate to Liberia or Haiti or wherever.

Arguably, Lincoln was the first to truly increase the power of the Presidency (FDR was second) beyond Constitutional boundaries.

Depending on one's perspective, that could make him a traitor to this country, regardless of what he did for slaves.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Depending on one's perspective, that could make him a traitor to this country, regardless of what he did for slaves.

This would be me.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The right side of history belongs to God, not men. Anyone who thinks otherwise has already lost, they just don't know it yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It's not that you are looking at it wrong. It's that you are taking a holier than thou attitude that anyone who feels differently than you do about your cherry picked topics somehow has a responsibility to prove why their view point is "right". You've offered nothing more than opinions. You have zero facts to base an argument as to why you feel these were just decisions other than your entitled mentality because you have a disdain for conservatives.

Or you're just a troll.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

It's not that you are looking at it wrong. It's that you are taking a holier than thou attitude that anyone who feels differently than you do about your cherry picked topics somehow has a responsibility to prove why their view point is "right". You've offered nothing more than opinions. You have zero facts to base an argument as to why you feel these were just decisions other than your entitled mentality because you have a disdain for conservatives.

Or you're just a troll.

... and that's just a big ol' steaming pile.

The OP's position is quite clear, succinct and divorced from simplistic partisan politics. What is absurd in this particular subject is the rampant ignorance and outright lies from "the right" regarding history that is plainly known and available to everyone.

If your intention is to actually discuss the matter, why don't you demonstrate to us which statements of OPs are "opinions" or which aren't factual ... because all you're doing here is another vapid spew.

Come back with some facts.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freth

The right side of history belongs to God, not men. Anyone who thinks otherwise has already lost, they just don't know it yet.

Which god?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join