It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is fantasy real

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
DAMN ..I hope not..

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Two sides of the same coin, they might as well be inseperable. If fantasy can become a reality, would it still be considered a dream or a reality? People often talk about fantasies of touching the stars, only to find out that in reality they are farther from grasping them then we first thought.

It was said a few days before the Wright Brothers, it would take a millions years or something for man to grow a PAIR. Star Trek a reality, where Star Wars is fantasy.
??? The wright brothers aren't really the first people to fly a fixed wing plane. And hot air balloons had been a thing for a hundred years

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
"Fantasy is not Reality, Fantasy is an escape from Reality"

that is such a cliche, even if it might be accurate for some

to me, fantasy and illusions are an addition to reality. i cherish them. i even learn just as good from illusionary situations that then help me act in real life situations also.

i wander often in the fantasy world, feel myself comfortable there, as long as i have also one foot firmly anchored in the so called reality.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Specimen
Two sides of the same coin, they might as well be inseperable. If fantasy can become a reality, would it still be considered a dream or a reality? People often talk about fantasies of touching the stars, only to find out that in reality they are farther from grasping them then we first thought.

It was said a few days before the Wright Brothers, it would take a millions years or something for man to grow a PAIR. Star Trek a reality, where Star Wars is fantasy.
??? The wright brothers aren't really the first people to fly a fixed wing plane. And hot air balloons had been a thing for a hundred years

Maybe the first not to crash one, but I'm not one for aviation history. And they did!? Being on top of the world wasn't enough, so they wanted be like Nelly Furtado?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As everyone here states straightly -- fantasy is not reality.

It is important to know this.

People who have lost touch with reality have jumped from buildings thinking they would "fly away" -- the hard pavement reminded them in their last seconds that reality does not depend on what you personally believe.

It can be VERY dangerous to find yourself in a situation where you think fantasy is reality.

Just a sharp note. Be careful!
edit on 15-10-2017 by PassiveInductor because: Clarity.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

For a really long time powered flight was generally accepted as a fantasy.

And there is of course everything else. Beginning with the potentially ancient fantasy that there was a way to desalinate ocean water.

And what about the fantasy of making fire?

Humans aspire. We figure out way to deal with problems no one figured out before and that is what keeps us alive.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Believe in a 'real' reality
- Which reality are you talking about

From the very 'real' theory of Quantum Mechanics in physics:

"Many-worlds interpretation"

"The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction and denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). In layman's terms, the hypothesis states there is a very large—perhaps infinite[2]—number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes. The theory is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, multi-history or just many-worlds......... "

Quote source:
en.wikipedia.org...

So you see, that in 'fact' - "Anything is possible, but nothing is certain"

So you see friends fantasy is real - But as to you and me

And from another famous Nobel Prize winning Physcist of the 20th Century:

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

So whatever troubles you in the so-called real world, and even if it ultimately leads to your demise - At least have the satisfaction of knowing that it may not be real - Mortality and death are probably no more than a dark fantasy

edit on 16-10-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
- Which reality are you talking about a reply to: AlienView
Exactly that is what I am implying, in other words what is reality?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389
"Fantasy is not Reality, Fantasy is an escape from Reality"

that is such a cliche, even if it might be accurate for some

to me, fantasy and illusions are an addition to reality. i cherish them. i even learn just as good from illusionary situations that then help me act in real life situations also.

i wander often in the fantasy world, feel myself comfortable there, as long as i have also one foot firmly anchored in the so called reality.

Could at least have quoted me.

I get you, Fantasy is part of our Reality is probably a better way to put it

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

there is something wrong with the buttons when answering that's why i couldn't quote you properly.

so i put your quote between " these things. and i should have mentioned your name, you are right. i apologize.

i remember also having the thought that it is such a common view point, so left it also meaning to address that general view.

yes, i do see, that fantasy is part of reality. i'm not even sure, whether we do get reality right without some kind of illusion or fantasy. we certainly live in interesting times.

edit on 16-10-2017 by lucia2389 because: added a why

edit on 16-10-2017 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2017 by lucia2389 because: rearrangement, wanting to be more understandable

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
- Which reality are you talking about a reply to: AlienView
Exactly that is what I am implying, in other words what is reality?

Its the number 42 or have you not heard?

Forty-two (42) is a pronic number[1] and an abundant number; its prime factorization 2 · 3 · 7 makes it the second sphenic number and also the second of the form (2 · 3 · r).

en.wikipedia.org...(number)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

In reality there could be a civilization that had their equivalent of our Industrial Revolution 7 billion years ago and they, in probability have absolutely no idea whatsoever how exactly to define reality.

Any thought?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My thought on that is if that was the case, they would have realized that to define reality is futile. Therefore they would simply live directly. First I was a camel, then I became a lion and now I am just a child.
A last thought, to define is not what matters, it is to know the truth or reality that counts.a reply to: Kashai

edit on 17-10-2017 by ancientthunder because: added thought

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Its not futile its just going to take a way lot longer than past expectations. As far as what you call "living directly"are speaking of reincarnation? Or are you relating to yourself as material information that on Earth is being recycled?

For now due to a statement you made earlier in this thread I will assume the latter.

How can you claim to know something without being able to communicate to others?

I mean in the practical sense that is like someone telling you they are a car mechanic so you let that person rebuild your transmission and engine and once they take it apart they admit to you they no idea what they are doing. At our most current conservative interpretation the Universe is 42 billion light years wide. And based upon what we know about it (also conservatively) our capacity to perceive it, with current technology. Constitutes about 3% of everything that does actually exist.

The math is correct and in reality if it were not for dark matter and energy we could not possibly exist and at the very least, not in the condition in which we do.

But its actually unlikely we would have formed if it were not for such circumstances.

For me dismissing a potential personally; does not in and of itself mean it is not a valid one. This is applicable in no different a way than mankind's aspirations for powered flight in the past, that resulted in airplanes.

In other words we can learn from trying to understanding Ascension and in respect to what I have learned our intentions make a difference.

edit on 17-10-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

starr, I like that.....

the last sentence mainly

edit on 17-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
How can you claim to know something without being able to communicate to others? a reply to: Kashai
Your question can be reversed can you know something without having to communicate it? I can hear a very big Yes to that one. On the other hand you seem to be talking about proving, which is another matter altogether.

Regarding everything else you have mentioned in your post, yes we can learn from any given experience if we wish to.We all end up navigating some kind of road or river in Life. If you know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Your clearly a positive influence to this forum and pretty sure that many members would agree.

"Your question can be reversed can you know something without having to communicate it? "

When it comes to reality at issue IMO is what is it as a whole.

Take the case of multiverse theory and more specifically type one and two. then consider a condition in which the Doppelgangers constitute a single organism and each corresponding applicable as akin to facets in a diamond.

Its to suggest that each of us for each of us there a perspective whose orientation to reality incorporates every possible permutation Multiverse theory implies and as a first person perceptive experience.

edit on 18-10-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join