It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia used social media to divide Americans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

The intelligence panel leaders also made no judgment on the "Steele dossier," an unverified series of allegations that Russia had amassed compromising information on the president.

It's deja vu all over again.
edit on 16-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Defamation, slander and libel are not allowed even when screaming about the first amendment.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Once again you demonstrate that you do not understand how journalism works. CNN trod the digital pavement, they have the privilege of asserting the claim. They are the ones making the allegation. They lay out the path they took. You can retrace it in an attempt to disprove their conclusions if you want, but you cannot reject the allegations without doing some work of your own.

And there's the whole problem.

CNN has lost all credibility.

You just don't gat it, do you? You don't even bother to read the original reporting, you just take RT's word for what it says, just like you believe a webpage that claims to be the the "official BLM site" is really affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement. Don't think no-one can tell that you use that abbreviation to dehumanize the movement and make it appear to be some sort of sinister agency. If you slipped up and said Black Lives Matter every time you wanted to demonize it, you would only remind people that it is a reasonable statement, and that opposition to it might make you look like an FR.

You just don't gat it, do you?

The Pokemon Go story I had no idea anything about RT, saw the CNN clip and called BS. THat's all it ever took. RT could not have ever existed in the slightest, and my position would be 100% precisely the same regarding the MSM. Trump could have never been born, and my position would be 100% precisely the same regarding the MSM. The phrase "social justice" could have never been coined, and my position would be 100% precisely the same regarding the MSM. Obama could have never been elected, and my position would be 100% precisely the same regarding the MSM. Hillary could have dropped dead of a brain tumor in 2008, and my position would be 100% precisely the same regarding the MSM. BLM could have never existed, and my position would be 100% precisely the same regarding the MSM. For 5 years I was completely out of the loop on left/right partisan bickering and social media trends, and whether or not I had tuned back in last year, my position would be 100% precisely the same today regarding the MSM.

I've been on this wavelength since it was Bush and the Neoocon's screaming for war (with the same people Hillary blew up, you sure seem to today), all the people behind the Neocon's calling me a liberal everyday, the entire MSM apparatus gave Ron Paul & Dennis Kucinich roughly the same treatment as The Donald, there was an all encompassing anti-war movement spearheaded by liberals BUT was a a total sham that only ever really cared about getting Democrat's elected, and so on.

Which you'd know if you'd actually read my threads you're so intent on derailing. Get a fricking clue, because from me to Obama to Trump to what America really is, you know nothing about nothing at best, and... I wont even say the 'at worst' part.
edit on 16-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Defamation, slander and libel are not allowed even when screaming about the first amendment.

Has that ever stopped you? In any event, Burr did not refer to slander or libel. On the other hand, Donald Trump relied on slander and libel. It was the cornerstone of his campaign. Russia took advantage of this to turn the heat up, and Trump turned it up in turn. It has become an out of control feedback loop.
edit on 16-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Wow. All those words to say you made up your mind over a decade ago and there is nothing that can possibly change it.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Am I supposed to reply to personal accusation ?

I understand you hate Richard Burr's statement as it is a warning about the pending delusion you are about to experience in regard of the 'Muh Russia' story. At least you won't be able to state that I didn't try to warn you.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Because after 2008 all the the data needed to understand how this ruthless mass murdder war crime machine was all about was already in. The stage was burnt to the ground. The jury was executed. And nothing has changed since then not even for as long as I've been alive, hell for the past 5000 years not even much has changed, the same patterns over and over and over again, elites and imperialists dominating the masses with state of the art propaganda techniques and driving everyone to war on BS reasons, and bootlicking POS chumps desperate to brown nose the elites and drive their fellow man to the slaughter.

Look in the mirror.

In 2008 while you were busy in the ivory tower writing stories for CNN or whoever, I experienced it 'in the trenches'. The 'horrors' I saw there I couldnt even bring myself to bear it again in 2012, because I already knew exactly how it'd play out blow by blow. You see I dont forget. But I know you do because you're part of this Machine that after 9/11 and all of that anti-war movement up to 2008, all it took was Obama Hillary and the MSM to say 'war is good and Al Qaeda is the good guys they're our ally in Syria now' and you got out your goosestepping boots and started polishing them with your tongue.
edit on 16-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I never said I worked for CNN. Are you saying you served in Iraq or Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

And I understand you dread the Mueller report, for obvious reasons. By the way, you are the one that started the personal sniping. Attack me again and I will sic the Mods on you. That wouldn't be censorship, it would be enforcing T&C.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

In 2008 while you were busy in the ivory tower writing stories for CNN or whoever, I experienced it 'in the trenches'.

Thank you for providing the link.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Judicial Watch has proven that they are an enemy of the American people.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I saw some Russians hiding in the bar the other day, they were drinking vodka and laughing, I'm pretty sure they were plotting some evil scheme to take over the world.... Or it may have have been pinky and the brain.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Remember that the infamous Steele Dossier is suspected to be procured from various sources within the Kremlin. Steele's sources were apparently some "former top intelligence officer" and a "Russian foreign ministry figure". Some suspect that the now deceased Oleg Erovinkin was a source, and he was a general in the KGB and FSB. Either way, Steele's activities are the only obvious intervention into the American election by the Russian government, and it was propagandized and weaponized by American media.

Now, finally, some American journalists are concerned.

The House Intelligence Committee recently issued subpoenas to Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm that paid for the dossier that contained allegations against then-candidate Donald Trump and ties to Russia. The dossier’s details have been either discredited or are unverified, but the document nonetheless framed the political narrative about Trump-Russian collusion that led to special counsel Robert Mueller.

Democrats and Fusion seem to care mostly that House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes issued the subpoenas, given that he temporarily stepped aside from the Russia probe in April. But only the chairman is allowed to issue subpoenas, and Mr. Nunes did so at the request of Republican Mike Conaway, who is officially leading the probe.

The real question is why Democrats and Fusion seem not to want to tell the public who requested the dossier or what ties Fusion GPS boss Glenn Simpson had with the Russians in 2016. All the more so because congressional investigators have learned that Mr. Simpson was working for Russian clients at the same time he was working with Mr. Steele.

Americans deserve to know who paid Mr. Simpson for this work and if the Kremlin influenced the project. They also deserve to know if former FBI director James Comey relied on the dossier to obtain warrants to monitor the Trump campaign. If the Russians used disinformation to spur a federal investigation into a presidential candidate, that would certainly qualify as influencing an election.

WSJ: The Rest of the Russia Story

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Russia has been shown to be influencing the electorate in order to further polarize it, not to support a particular candidate. The Steele Dossier may have been a trap intended to discredit the Clinton campaign by revealing its source after it was deployed. In other words, it was a two edged kompromat weapon.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or they will end up pleading the fifth ...

The founders of the firm behind the Trump-Russia dossier say they'll refuse to testify before the House Intelligence Committee

Now beside the Steele dossier another part of the anti-Russian narrative that will soon collapse is everything that has been fabricated by Bill Browder in order to forge the Magnitsky act.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

If the Clinton campaign was colliding with Russia the facts need to come out. Russian disinformation agents have attempted to create the impression that their meddling was invented by the Democrats as an excuse for their loss. We cannot allow this to become a partisan issue. It is a matter of national security. The evidence is that they have been playing both sides. Both campaigns need to be held accountable.

Or are you going back to "it was all made up?"

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You haven't been delusionned enough at this stage to be able to deliver a sensible statement :

Russian disinformation agents have attempted to create the impression that their meddling was invented by the Democrats...

Provide a proof that there has been Russian meddling first.
The only meddling I can certify is the DNC ambition to use its connection with the US MSM in order to force the GOP to pick a candidate that was supposed to be easily defeated : The pied paper strategy

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

So you are saying that Facebook is lying about the Russian ads? That it was a coincidence that Manafort, a paid Russian agent, agreed to join the Trump campaign for free, and that the Republican plank on Crimea changed? That there is nothing questionable about Don Jr. jumping on a chance to conspire with Russian sources to get dirt on Clinton, and that now it appears that the Clinton campaign was willing to conspire with Russian sources to get dirt on Trump? All of this was just made up? Let me guess: made up by...George Soros?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

One Simple Chart Proves That Facebook Thinks You're A Moron

Last week we jokingly wrote about a Facebook press release that was apparently an honest effort by the social media giant intended to summarize Russian efforts to undermine the 2016 election using their social media platform. That said, at least to us, it seemed as though Facebook unwittingly proved what a farce the entire 'Russian collusion' narrative had become as, after digging through advertising data for the better part of full year, Facebook reported that they found a 'staggering' $50,000 worth of ad buys that 'MAY' have been purchased by Russian-linked accounts to run 'potentially politically related' ads.

Not surprisingly, after being attacked by the mainstream media and even Hillary for "assisting" the Russians, Zuckerberg is once again in the press today fanning the flames of the 'Russian collusion' narrative by saying that Facebook will release to Congress the details of the 3,000 ads that 'MAY' have been purchased by Russian-linked accounts.

And while it seems obvious, please allow us to once again demonstrate why this entire process is so utterly bizarre...

The chart below demonstrates how the $50,000 worth of ad buys that 'MAY' have been purchased by Russian-linked accounts to run 'potentially politically related' ads compares to the $26.8 billion in ad revenue that Facebook generated in the U.S. over the same time period between 3Q 2015 and 2Q 2017....If $50,000 can swing an entire presidential election can you imagine what $26.8 billion can do?

You have claims for sure ... do you have proofs ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join