It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia used social media to divide Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We should go fishing with our shirt off and then wrestle a bear.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I thought I was Putin.

That would make me Putin too.

It makes sense. They say the devil has many faces.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
...read the *article before ejaculating irrelevant inaneties: it may help you stay on topic also
*Sorry that the article doesn't contain pictures !

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Bollocks. Bots in the flesh everywhere.

Bradshaw said that while Russia and authoritarian regimes get most of the attention for manipulating social media, Western democracies have been using similar techniques. In the U.K., the British Army created the 77th Brigade in 2015, in part for psychological operations using social media. Bradshaw said democratic governments aren't forthcoming about their digital propaganda efforts.

"They are using the same tools and techniques as the authoritarian regimes," she said. "Maybe the motivations are different, but it's hard to tell without the transparency."

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 15-10-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

His tweets? Biggest lie currently being promoted. If not his tweets, it would be something else. He uses the tweets and the left's reactions to them to his advantage.

Those tweets will the vessel for the third party. It's coming......

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Once again you demonstrate that you do not understand how journalism works. CNN trod the digital pavement, they have the privilege of asserting the claim. They are the ones making the allegation. They lay out the path they took. You can retrace it in an attempt to disprove their conclusions if you want, but you cannot reject the allegations without doing some work of your own.

And there's the whole problem.

CNN has lost all credibility.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
a reply to: interupt42
...read the *article before ejaculating irrelevant inaneties: it may help you stay on topic also
*Sorry that the article doesn't contain pictures !

So replying to your comment on the OP is off topic , but talking about ejaculation is on topic.
yeah I guess that makes sense, Perhaps you should stick to pictures.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Because conservatives don't use nuspeak, only SJWs, BLMs, libtards....

Its funny you dont deny your liberal horde doesnt use nuspeak.

Your deflection there is irrlevant as I'm not actually a conservative. If I were and 'we' did I'd call it out.

Anyways, I've yet to note conservatives make brazen attempts to re-define re-write the english language.

While we all know thats the nu-liberal platform.

Seriously, after I had tuned out of all this kind of drama for 5 years (just as that was firing up), I was totally blown away by coming to realize it all suddenly because of how far gone it already was by last summer.

Real Hallowwen type sheeit.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Don'you think at the end of the day, this will look like the typical ploy, never let a crisis go to waste, even if its something of a manufactured crisis and at the moment we are at the stage where we're waiting for the proferred freedom busting solution, whether its in the form of more stricter vetting requirements to ensure proper censorship and/or new requirement for internet user I.D. to abolish anonymity on the net?

Sadly, I suspect that before I shuffle off my mortal coil, the "Internet" will have become a one sided echo chamber wheere news and information is tightly screened and controled. Its already the case with the printed press, the air waves, and cable outlets.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Russians? The Liberal media complex is the greatest propagandist on social media and elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

We'll see.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You're the one who brought BLM into the conversation. Right there on page one. No one mentions BLM before that.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Am I the only one who noticed that this thread was immediately jumped upon by a half dozen members ridiculing the idea that the Russians are waging internet media warfare, and that these posts instantly received a lot of stars... even though it is only five o'clock in the morning in the United States?

Some of the most vocal American right-wing supporters on this site aren't even American.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

MSMBS's Big Hot Story this week is this 'IRA' Russian troll whatever network, and the BLM ChinPokemon is the cherry on top.

So I used insights gained from mucking through that realm of the scene to illustrate broader potential ways of looking at the Big Picture of it all.

And along came the horde to twist that into a left/right pissing match, complete with twisted words, baloney rehashes and even all out lies to derail my purpose herein.

GG

edit on 15-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Oh wow.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Am I the only one who noticed that this thread was immediately jumped upon by a half dozen members ridiculing the idea that the Russians are waging internet media warfare, and that these posts instantly received a lot of stars... even though it is only five o'clock in the morning in the United States?

Some of the most vocal American right-wing supporters on this site aren't even American.

Go figure.

Even more non-U.S. citizens who support the left....

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I thought I was Putin.

That would make me Putin too.

We are all Putin.

(Channeling Negan)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
...back on topic

Russian cyber operations, now well known for their role in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, have also been used to exert influence to achieve policy objectives in Europe.

The 2007 DDoS attack on Estonia brought attention to large-scale attacks but network probing and small-scale hacks sometimes go unnoticed.
DNC-style hacks have targeted European political figures and institutions in Germany (2015), Lithuania (2016), Norway (2017), France (2017), and Montenegro (2017).

Nongovernment actors have also been targeted: in 2015 France’s TV5Monde was taken off the air, and in 2016 World Anti-Doping Agency data was stolen.

Crucially, critical infrastructure remains vulnerable, as evidenced by attacks on Ukraine’s power grid in 2015 and 2016.

Link

There is also a fake news tracking data base:

This database represents a collection of all disinformation cases as they were reported by the East Stratcom Task Force’s network of contributors in the course of the Disinformation Review project.

Since the launch of the Disinformation Review in 2015, the database has grown into thousands of individual cases of disinformation, so you can use the search function below to get an overview of the content.

You can search for disinformation cases from a pre-defined period of time, in a particular language, from a particular source, or containing the keyword of your interest.

Link

The Las Vegas shooting 'is a false flag' meme is Totally fictitious

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No it isn't. Sorry but I watch MSNBC ( you made an error in your call letters) every day and I've never heard this piece of news.
And your insights gained from mucking about... that just means you have nothing but your own opinion to support your story.
You can't fool me with, "This is a fact and this is a fact and because my opinion seems to fit my opinion becomes fact too" because I'm wasn't born yesterday.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join