It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia used social media to divide Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Because IT WAS RUSSIA!!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

George Orwell was a novelist... just saying...
They generally DONT deal in reality. Funny you should use that particular example.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Oh he is. But a tool doesn't necessarily know it's a tool does it?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: ReadingOne

Classic diversionary tactic. This is not about Hillary Clinton; it is about how people like you embrace ignorance and allow a hostile foreign power to manipulate you.

Maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself how manipulated and brainwashed YOU are by the MSM and their Clintonite propaganda. Do you ever go outside of CNN to get your "news" and "facts"? Or is that too scary for you?

Sorry I missed this post. You should really go to my profile and check out some of the threads I have started. I never use CNN as a source. In fact, I usually turn to legitimate non-American sources, precisely because they are nonpartisan when it comes to our domestic politics.

No problem, I miss posts all the time, often by accident but sometimes by purpose, especially the more Silly ones.

Anyway, I am happy to see that you avoid CNN as source! This "news" outlet with their "journalists" is basically Botox for the brain and paralyzes the old nut almost instantly, hahaha.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Why can't people just say, "I am divisive" or "My ideologies are divisive"?

Blaming Russians for our own ideological issues is weak.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Black Lives Matter is a movement, not an organization. I'm sure if you asked anyone that identifies with the movement what they think of the story they will say exactly what I am telling you: Russian disinformation. Just for fun, check these out:

money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...

Of course there is no way you will click the above. You are too smart and open minded to accept the possibility that you are being manipulated. (And yes, I am li king to CNN because they are leading the charge. I hope no-one gets triggered.)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No-one is blaming the Russians for our divisiveness, they are merely exploiting that weakness. What we need is a President who can rise above the divisiveness and unite us.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Because IT WAS RUSSIA!!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Prove it.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No-one is blaming the Russians for our divisiveness, they are merely exploiting that weakness. What we need is a President who can rise above the divisiveness and unite us.

No.

I think you're wrong.

The core issues are what divide us.

There are some that think we need a bigger, more controlling government and pay higher taxes.

Then there are those who think the opposite.

We, as Americans, don't want the same things any longer. So there is no "compromise" to be made.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Plus, if it's so easy, for literally any other country, to influence how Americans think and vote on issues, maybe TPTB would start to think about limiting whatever outside influences Americans have access to.....
Slippery slope.....

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Black Lives Matter is a movement, not an organization. I'm sure if you asked anyone that identifies with the movement what they think of the story they will say exactly what I am telling you: Russian disinformation. Just for fun, check these out:

money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...

Of course there is no way you will click the above. You are too smart and open minded to accept the possibility that you are being manipulated. (And yes, I am li king to CNN because they are leading the charge. I hope no-one gets triggered.)

Eh, didn't you just say in this very thread that you never use CNN as a source..? And here you are, lining up no less than three links to CNN in one single post!

This is getting hilarious. Thank you, I just love having a good laugh, hahahaha!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Here is a link to the philanthropic group that is supporting black causes:

borealisphilanthropy.org...

See any race baiting or terrorism there?
edit on 15-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

How did this become a thread about BLM?

Good deflection. That should earn an agent a bonus from the Kremlin no ? Not you of course...

edit on 10152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

You're welcome. I try to entertain as well as inform. Now, can you disprove what CNN is reporting?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

It's been proven. The question is one of comprehension not material.
Sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nah, I am just gonna overlook your posts from now on since you have now proven yourself to post blatant lies if it suits your narrative.

You messed up and life is too short for liars.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I like the way you set the issues out in a divisive way. Some people acknowledge a positive role for government, and are wiling to fund it accordingly. Others view any regulation-- even by a government they elected-- as an intrusion. EVERYODY agrees they do not want to pay more taxes than necessary, and they don't want their tax money wasted. Everybody agrees they want to be safe at night. Everybody agrees that they want to be free to practise their religion or lack thereof without the government imposing one on them. Everybody agrees that they do not want their domestic politics to be manipulated by hostile foreign powers. We need statement (and stateswomen!) to stand up and find common cause for the good of us all.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How did this become a thread about BLM?

Good deflection. That should earn an agent a bonus from the Kremlin no ? Not you of course...

Ask DJ. This is the 2nd thread now he's tried to derail with this idea that the official BLM site was hacked with that disinfo kind of lunacy, and it's my job to explain why kind of lunacy.

We already had that same conversation but he felt it smart to double down on that queer logic.
(note that the word queer simply means strange, but then theres that other meaning which the BLM guiding principles page has inside and out so my use of it is double warranted here)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

So you can't disprove what CNN is claiming, so you are calling me a liar. Charming.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...

If it isnt an organization then how does it receive $100,000,000 donation increments?

I cant wait to hear this...

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join