It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Vegas Police. Shut the hell up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well I think this may be the first time I have actually started a thread here and would of probably would of preferred to have it not of been a rant.

But alas I am kind of getting sick of the stupidity of humans and the increasing growth of peoples inability to critically think.

I keep seeing these damn stories and theories that the Vegas shooting is all lies and conspiracies because the story keeps changing, ffs I have even seen one post here where someone blames the Power Puff GIrls.........
And seems not a single person all over this stuff is looking for logical reasons as to why stories like these change from what I have seen, not just here but all over the internet and MSM.

Nope people just use this crap to push their agendas and conspiracies. Conspiracies I can handle. But bull# agendas I hate with a passion.

Oh look a new reason to blame the government and illuminorty!!! Quick let's sink our teeth in before thinking and use it for our own ends. Logic and facts be damned.......

Now here's a few reasons that I think the #ing problem is, aside from 95% of mankind still having the mental capacity of those from the dark ages and biblical times despite the technology they use every day being so advanced.
"I SHALL USE MY COMPUTER THAT COULD DESIGN ROCKETS TO GO ON ABOUT HOW GOD IS REAL AND THEN BEAM IT AROUND THE WORLD VIA SATELLITE"
To rudely and crudely put it into context.

Before the interwebz and most modern communications we relied on printed press and word of mouth, letters that kind of thing to recieve information about events elsewhere.
If 9/11 happened in 1910, it would of taken about months or even a year before word of it reached Australia. In 2001 though we got that # live as it happened thank to technology.

We don't get anything trickle fed to us anymore, don't get time to process it, it's just pow in your face now.
There aren't more pedophiles than there have ever, just we now have the internet constantly telling us stories of them from around the world we would of once never heard about.

If we wanted to discuss current events, it was face to face with people, around the dinner table etc. You might have to wait a day or longer before you could sit around the office water cooler talking about the latest buzz with your co-workers. But now we can just hammer on a key board without thinking while the events are still unfolding.
Making all kind of crazy ass assumption and spouting theories before the first drop of blood has even hit the ground.

Instead of having a couple of sources that everyone had access to, so therefore the information was the same, we now have a billion randoms online giving us their version of events.

And it's not just we 'keyboard commandos' in the civilian population discussing this crap too soon. But the Police, Military and Governments who honestly should know better.

We can really look at 9/11 being the event where this really kicked off and the subsequent wars that followed.
WW2 people had to wait for news on the fate of entire countries and loved ones. Post 2000's we get to see CNN reporters embedded with squads, on the battlefield, coming to us live as they happen.
And often only from one particular sides perception of things. It was the beginning of the end for critical thinking. It's on TV/Internet so it must be true knee jerk reacting really took off.

And this I think is the problem with the Vegas narrative.

I remember as a kid reading newspapers or watching news on the TV, the same as my friends and family would be watching, and when a crime was being reported often you'd see a senior police officer giving a conference and you would always hear the same line.

"This matter is still under investigation and we have no comments to make at this time."

This common sense logical approach was taken for a number of reasons. Mostly so as to not jeopardize the polices case and to also ensure the public did not get the wrong information. Because oddly enough when a crime is fresh, new information will be constantly coming to light, as things are clarified, the 'facts' will change.

So the cops would STFU, do their job and the public would finally hear about the details once the investigation and subsequent court case were over.
There was no "Oh it's a conspiracy because the cops keep changing the story" and other bull#.

Jump to a few decades later, now the cops hold a press conference, discuss pretty much every detail they know at the time. (and seriously we should know by now people using only hear and remember the first thing they hear as fact.)
As soon as new evidence comes to light and information changes, instead of being #ing rational about it, people are "story changed? Must not be new facts they must be lying to us!!!!! PROOF OF ILLUMINORTY AND NWO!!!!!!"

People then get online post all about it, from MSM sites to forums to personal blogs, because anyone can be a journalist now...... and ait all goes to #.

People be like "Oh but we must share the information, people must know the truth", not caring that we end up with so much hearsay and other bull# the truth gets buried completely and all you end up with is rumours and speculation.

Based on nothing but "Oh I caught this cop on TV saying this one particular sentence that I will now take completely out of context."

It's gotta

The police need to go back to shutting the hell up until investigations are complete as they used to.
This would solve 50% of the nonsense we see.

And the every day folks with a facebook account or blog or youtube need to do the same,
and STFU.
Stop posting # you have no complete knowledge of, stop making assumptions based on hearsay and rumours alone.
And especially stop making facts based on bloody feelings.
Then that would be the other 50% of the problem solved.

Just seriously. Slow down. Get your # straight. THINK before you hit post. Stop jumping the guns and then being surpriosed it turns into one big #ing mess, one that you helped create.

Seriously does my head in.

But yes, needs to start with the police, government etc and work it's way down. Be much easier to sift through stuff and spot the real news vs. the fake news when we have all the facts on hand.

Anyways, time to end my rant. Just my opinions. Feel free to express yourself but my mind and opinion will not be changed on this. Not based on other peoples views of "BUT TRUTH BEFORE ALL ELSE" because such truth is subjective.

Close your mental gate before the horse bolts.

But yes, Police, stop the damn telling everyone everything the moment it happens. Shut the hell up until you know what is actually happening then tell the people ffs.

Seriously how is all of this so hard to understand. For supposedly the most intelligent species on the planet it really feels the more technologically advance we are, the more access to information we have, the stupider we get.
Hurts my damn brain.

/rant.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Yes, but no.

The police you speak of in our past and the way the authorities used to treat us was way corrupt. WE HAVE T PUT THE PRESSURE ON.

If I listened to you here I would be consenting to bringing back the old days that were very barbaric and corrupt.

The pressure is on. I am some of that steam. I don't believe in the good old days. The authorities hid too much from us and twisted everything. We were used and abused something chronic.

Your return to those old style ways are not acceptable. We should all be part of the investigation and the court case now with all the details and evidence objectively displayed.

Anything, as long as we don't write algorithms to solve the case, lol. We could have justice apps called names like "Colombo" and "Mrs Marple", hahahaha! Alexa says "Guilty, execute the #"

edit on 15-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

As you said, people don't think critically.

The narrative will always change with the revealing of more facts, that's what an investigation is all about.

A lot if what you rant about is self-evident. I've called it the "bubble theory" in the past. Basically we are in bubbles of interaction. The first bubble is occupied by yourself. A "pure" bubble if you will, this bubble interacts naturally with the bubbles around it, those other bubbles are friends, family and colleagues. Usually the transfer of information between these bubbles is less "corrupted". Next comes "third party" bubbles and information, bubbles that you have a strong chance if interacting with but you normally never do, interaction is done via a third party. More information can be corrupted.

I'm guessing you can work out how the bubble system evolves when the picture is expanded... These days though we do have a potential "tether" to any other bubble you'd normally never have the chance to interact with, it's called the Internet.

Murder, war, massacres and crime in general are not on the rise, 100 years ago we'd seldom ever hear about atrocities committed more than 1000 miles away, news spread slow. As you said, the printing press changed things, I could probably argue that the printing press made this world a better place, since people could learn about events, hold weight on them. Desire change.

Did people who help mould the official narrative have the ability to engineer outcomes? To guide public opinion?

Of course, we have plenty of cases where a news story had thousands of people mobilise due to the nature of the reporting. Our bubbles often act and interact.

Anyways, back to that tether... We can interact so much these days, the potential is incredible. But what is it often used for?

BS narratives, cat memes and bullying, I kid you not, spend ten minutes in comment sections on any social media site and the evidence is self-evident.

It's... Depressing.

We've got the ability to revolutionise this world, to help stop atrocities in far-flung corners of the world from our armchair, be a positive influence on people we'd never normally meet.

But we don't. We're often cocky, big-headed, headstrong and moronic. Our own bubble is diluted, deluded and often full of crap. This isn't due to official sources, it's due to our own inability to think critically.

As I said, it's depressing. I started with the man in the mirror, these days people are looking into the PC screen and demanding others to change their ways.

It's sad, very sad.
edit on 15-10-2017 by RAY1990 because: Auto incorrect

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

So one vote for Secrecy and Censorship in order to avoid Brain Hurt... check

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Your return to those old style ways are not acceptable. We should all be part of the investigation and the court case now with all the details and evidence objectively displayed

Most people are not qualified. It's as simple as that.

Police corruption can be tackled by supporting whistle-blowers. Obtaining evidence. Knowing your rights.

But I forgot... Everyone knows their rights and are fully qualified to lead an investigation from their chair.

You are basically saying all cops are morally bankrupt, which is far from the truth. Is suicide an epidemic within the policing community? No?

So they must all be morally bankrupt and willfully turning a blind eye to corruption and the unlawful.

Most people are fairly simple, most people have a moral compass, most people would fall into despair witnessing the things you allude authorities to allowing to happen.

Most people are not sociopathic, most people are not psychopaths. Most cops don't have the time to cover up bs stories. Most have families and a large work schedule.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
...I have even seen one post here where someone blames the Power Puff GIrls...

No, you haven't, because that post does not exist! Yes I know you are referring to my thread but to suggest I blame the PPG is ridiculous. If you had actually bothered to read my post thoroughly without skipping those parts that don't interest you or that you don't understand you would know that.

But your personal attacks aside - what the f**k are you doing on ATS? Did you even read the "about" before signing up?

About AboveTopSecret.com AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics on current events, politics, and government wrong-doing with poignant commentary from a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

About AboveTopSecret.com

There is more at this link but since you have a tendency to skip the parts that you don't agree with I thought I would keep it short.

So you want us to wait several decades before commenting on any events? Seriously???

But in all seriousness I would like to read your reasons for signing up.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
to be clear, I am not saying 'good old days" which I keep seeing mentioned a lot lately when you refer to any past method of doing things.

Also I am not saying to censor things and support cover ups.

One would think it is pretty obvious the point is jumping the damn gun as is becoming more and more common these days before anyone knows anything.
If those on the scene don't know what the hell is going on partially let alone fully, I have no idea how arm chair detectives who were not there and only have second hand information to make their assumptions from are going to provide even more and factual evidence and are helping in any way.

Truth aint going no where, can blow the lid off this and that once the dust has settled and the 'official story is finalised. Or do matters like this lose their relevancy with time now? That if we don't do it now it will ever happen?

Anyway each to their own. These were just my views, I apologise if the context of what I am saying is lost on people, but it's just one of the joys of only having a text based form of communication.

Said my piece, got nothing more to add to it and would rather not spend time chasing my tail going around and around explaining simple concepts to people who are just going to read into it what they want to see any way.

Just remember there is more to fake news than just the MSM, everyone is capable of it.

Good day to you all.
edit on 15-10-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos as usual. probably more in there lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
tl;dr
not saying don't think. Just saying put some effort into thinking.
Preferably before speaking.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

You address my points on that PPG post which I believe you have not, and I may address yours.

I'm all about the laws of equal exchange. That post is where you should be addressing that subject. Nice of you to bring it up here though.

Why did I sign up? What does that matter? But sure, there is another post around here under some kind of 'business' forum I think it was called where I state why I join ATS. maybe you can get searching for it.
DOn't want to be saying the same crap on multiple posts across the entire site like some seem to want to do.

Just because I don't have as many of, nor care about the pixels, so don't have as many as some under my name, I still know what ATS is about and how it works.

Maybe for once YOU should be a little bit less selective with your reading, replying and stay on topic.
Lead by example and all that.

See you back on your own thread. Cannot wait to see you finally reply to the points I made there. Bye.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Just a slight correction here:

If 9/11 had happened in 1910, Australia would have known about it within hours. Not weeks, months or years.

Telegraph relays and networks. Australia was connected to the out side world by 1872.

Of course people would have mostly been reading about it in newspapers, and people in more remote areas might not of heard about it for many days, and those in extreme remote areas even longer.

But for news like that to take as long as you suggest from one country to another, you'd need to go back before the US Civil War.

edit on 15-10-2017 by TerminalVelocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The cops release information incrementally = "the timeline and information is changing, it's a conspiracy!"

The cops don't release information incrementally = "what are they hiding, why aren't they telling us anything, it's a conspiracy!"

Everything in law enforcement is a lose-lose situation because it is impossible to please everyone at the same time...

Such is life.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

But alas I am kind of getting sick of the stupidity of humans and the increasing growth of peoples inability to critically think.

Indeed.

And yet, that is exactly what you are demanding of others: Stop critically thinking and accept whatever the powers ruling us force on us. In this case, whatever craptastic lies they can come up with to cover an attack on our fellow Americans on our soil.

Our government was set up for transparency and full disclosure. Our government authorities are required to prove anything and everything they say beyond a reasonable doubt. This is done because horrible things are planned and executed in secrecy -- including by our government. This is done because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is done for our protection.

If you don't have the critical thinking skills to do your civic and moral duty to hold our elected officials and bureaucrats responsible, okay. Walk away and put your head in the sand. But your ranting and raging about those who are ready, willing and able to do so is quite churlish and childish.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You are basically saying all cops are morally bankrupt, which is far from the truth. Is suicide an epidemic within the policing community? No?

FYI: I don't know that it is or ever was an epidemic, but it certainly is a problem, one that is being addressed, and fortunately the numbers are decreasing from past years. In 2016, 140 officers were killed in the line of duty... 108 died at their own hand. I would imagine the rates of suicide attempts would be even higher. PTSD and clinical depression are other big problems within police ranks.

Police Suicides In 2016

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

All I have to say is if you don't like it you don't have to read it, so I guess you should take your own advice to just "Stop" and don't read the stories. Seems pretty simple to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What law says everything has to be perfect?

edit on Oct-15-2017 by xuenchen because: nicknick

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for that.

It's a demanding job, the figures don't seem overly high after a bit digging. Statistically 13.26 people out of 100,000 commit suicide in the US, I didn't see any decent reports on how many cops the US has, it seems to be around 770,000.

So I just divided 108 by 8 and 7.7 (just to be a bit more accurate) and I got 13.5 or 14 suicides per 100,000 LEOs.

Which seems about average. Considering the average stresses associated with the job it isn't as bad as I suspected, I expected it to be much worse.

Suicide is a tricky thing to gather statistics on though, so is mental illness. It's not like the reasons for suicide or the background for mental illness are recorded in such statistics, it probably wouldn't be ethical to do so.

With that all being said, do I believe police cover ups, conspiracies and corruption don't happen?

No, I know it happens.

A conspiracy this size isn't being perpetrated by your average cop though, to think 1000's would be in on it would be folly.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
the difference is that in 1910 the newspapers and radio were a lot more trustworthy than the media is now, so I understand why people are a lot more skeptical about what they media is telling them.

new topics

top topics

join