It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals and Mimicry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Well ,About the name 'Trump'.
I'm starting to see 'Trump' (the word) more as clickbait. For some people it's a way to get attention viewers views and even build their channel. Because Google/YT has decided to rig the searchresults a long time ago (aka Algorithm) Being Liberal has it's privileges.

So I'm wondering is every Liberal really a liberal ? Being anti Trump can be lucrative , whilst being pro-Trump might end up in getting buried in the search results.

So couldn't it just be that if one says 'I HATE TRUMP' one actually means 'I WANT TO MAKE MONEY WITH THAT MEME'

Explanation

Memetics is the study of information based on an analogy with Darwinian evolution. Proponents describe memetics as an approach to evolutionary models of cultural information transfer.

The term meme was coined in Richard Dawkins' 1976 book The Selfish Gene,
So an analogy , A 'unit of culture'/idea that is 'hosted' in the mind of a individual is like a gene of the individu of a certain spiecies
Müllerian mimicry is a natural phenomenon in which two or more distasteful species, that may or may not be closely related and share one or more common predators, have come to mimic each other's warning signals. It is named after the German naturalist Fritz Müller, who first proposed the concept in 1878

In America, we have a legal concept called “protected classes“ which was established by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This concept protects against the discrimination of people based on race, color, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability status, veteran status, and genetic information. These are morally immutable concepts to the average Western citizen.

Google in their infinite wisdom decided to protect some 'wingpatterns'...

And project Jigsaw was born...

Layman : Meta-data is being analysed and used to manipulate searchresults by Google based on the wingpattern.

source

Anti-trump talk is synoniem protected classes, result : higher in searchresults. Talk pro-trump conservative get lower in searchresults.

Higher means bussines! So what do you think is it Mimicry induced by Google endeavor to create protected classes ? Being liberal/LGBT/SJW/FEMINIST is a great way to end up higher in searchresults isn't it ?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Liberals have no power in this country. All the liberals have been vanquished from government in 2016. Republicans now control every level of government from local to the presidency. What more do you want?

As far as I can tell, pro-Trump sites like Infowars are making a killing.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I use DuckDuckGo.

Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No ,

source

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Liberals have no power in this country. All the liberals have been vanquished from government in 2016. Republicans now control every level of government from local to the presidency. What more do you want?

They still have almost the entire education system from K-12 through University. Hopefully that can of worms will be unmonopolized one day though I highly doubt it.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

They still have almost the entire education system from K-12 through University. Hopefully that can of worms will be unmonopolized one day though I highly doubt it.

Please no last we need is religious for profit hell holes teaching kids.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The word “liberal” has traditionally stood for political recognition of each individual’s worth, freedom and civil rights, That is hardly the ideal that is or has been injected into schools in the US. The idea that public education in the US is “liberal” is absurd, frankly. Schools are controlled at the local level where fundamentalists have always had considerable power.

There is some small merit for the claim at the university level, but that has never been as pervasive as claimed by the more reactionary facets of society.

Accepting scientific fact and actual history isn’t “liberal” ... it’s just sanity, however, every day, we see more of both discarded in favor of belief-based nonsense.
edit on 15-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How is that possible when Republicans control the vast majority of State Governorships, State Legislatures, Mayorships, school board positions, etc? You really believe that it's liberals who control the elected and selected school boards in all of the strongly Republican controlled counties and cities?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You should change the title to "being stuck in a bubble."

So you believe pro Trump stuff is being hidden but anti Trump stuff is promoted??

It's the same, you just have bubbled out the opposition of your own bubble. Otherwise it would be obvious. I can even show you proof of that.

Because both sides complain about the BS media coming from the other side and to a point they're both correct.

It's happening equally on both sides but everyone is bubbled in so they don't see it. You're bubbled in man. Pop that thing and clear your perception of things a little.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I've heard this comment thousands of times but with my kids the only agenda I can tell is teaching my kids math and English. In New Jersey we have great public schools. In my circle of friends there are many teachers. They are just as far to the right as most people in this country nowadays. Many watch Fox News just like you do!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

How is that possible when Republicans control the vast majority of State Governorships, State Legislatures, Mayorships, school board positions, etc? You really believe that it's liberals who control the elected and selected school boards in all of the strongly Republican controlled counties and cities?

I agree. The facts do not support the OPs original opinions.

I think the author of the OP needs to read up on "wedge" issues. Wedge issues by their very design would result in skewed search results. That is the point of it. A wedge issue is designed to enrage one side or the other to get voters to participate.

edit on 15-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: No reason

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

That's the joy of choice. Your kids would not have to attend one of those. You could send them to the local public school for the same high quality education that sees so many functionally illiterate today!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well no not hidden ... but condemned to a lower ranking that's a fact.
Nick dudich NYT, veritas just look.

It's happening equally on both sides

As I showed in my post google is clearly taking sides. And the whole GateKeeper thing at YT though good in nature is manipulating the hell out of search results.

You're bubbled in man. Pop that thing and clear your perception of things a little.

Oh... well you mean well I guess but no , I'm not bubbled in , I finally see were the BS is coming from and it's either the left or right it's Google cyber phrenology applied to protected groups read the source and understand whats happening ok ?

If Google clears their left bias , this left right 'chum drum bedrum' will die within weeks. And than it's business as usual. But for as I see it right now they are smitten with Richard Dawkins and playing God.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Pyle

That's the joy of choice. Your kids would not have to attend one of those. You could send them to the local public school for the same high quality education that sees so many functionally illiterate today!

Good to see the right still doesnt know jack about education. Diverting funds away from public schools to fund charter and private schools is a piss poor way to do things.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

The answer is you are both being played and don't understand how the game is played.

The game is not [Republican] vs [Democrats]

The Game is :
[DNC candidates + GOP candidates + MSM+ LOBBYIST ]

vs

[individual republicans + individual democrats + the non .01% of Americans]

You are helping the enemy and don't even know it , when you fight among each other. Both parties have had full control at one time or another in the past , and yet all the same issues still exist. The system is not broken for the [DNC + GOP + MSM+ LOBBYIST ] and they don't want to change it, unless of-course it benefits them.

Now accept both your parties suck, kiss, make up, and focus on the real enemy.

edit on 551031America/ChicagoSun, 15 Oct 2017 09:55:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Bruh, that answer has nothing to do with what I posted or replied to.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sure it does. Were you not stating how can the liberals be responsible if the Republicans have control.

My point is that they have both have had control , and yet the same issues still exist. So they are both responsible.

Very little changes between parties and when it does its for the benefit of the lobbyist not the people.

edit on 251031America/ChicagoSun, 15 Oct 2017 10:25:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join