It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Must Do For Our Country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just the two words "President Trump" can drudge up emotions ranging from admiration to disgust. I would like to make an obvious, yet widely dismissed statement about the proverbial elephant in the room (Oval Office).

He IS our president, and he IS making decisions that will reverberate for generations well beyond the one that handed him the key to the White House. As the 2016 presidential election grew nearer and nearer there was no shortage of overt contempt for both major party candidates. It very quickly devolved into a battle no one could win, regardless of the voter count. If Mrs. Clinton had become the occupant of the world's most famous home there exists a palpable contention there would be an equal degree of dissatisfaction across the nation and the world.

Personally, I do not support a substantial amount of the president's actions to date (and reactions) as well as an alarming number of items on his proclaimed agenda. I think this is only fair I mention I would correctly be considered a devout conservative. My self-reasoning and medical career dictated I could not support the democrat's ticket but among the morass I still found ways to be positive and potentially supportive had they been the victors. If you have read any of my previous posts, you will see that I am deeply invested in the future my children and grandchildren will inherit. I have also written extensively about how the government has bankrupted me financially, mentally, and physically. In that context, I freely confess to a great disdain for the individuals within the government who willfully and maliciously destroyed the life I was trying to build for those I hold dearest.

Here's the point I need to make: Regardless of perspective, I (we) need to support whoever is burdened with the title "President of the United States of America." I do not need to like or "approve" of the president, but the office itself demands respect with an unyielding force. I can disagree with policy and I can be discouraged by the state of the nation as is exists today, but once my own reservations are stripped away I see a person leading this country in a world where it is plausible to accept there may not be any right answers. Certainly, from some contingency there is no shortage of disagreement with any policy that either seeps or streams from Washington.
So I have a choice. Sometimes it requires daily or even hourly affirmation, but it is my responsibility to my children, myself, and you. I am an unknown, uninteresting small fish in a very, very big pond and what I do will most likely never affect anyone beyond my equally small inner circle. But my decisions can, will, and does sometimes affect someone I will never meet and will never know. This is my responsibility. This is for me to answer for when my life's achievements and failures are balanced on the scales for which I may or may not be remembered in those generations to come. I have made my decision. I see a world hurting, leaders who are human enough to make poor choices but somehow managed to be in the position of authority they possess, and I harbor an internal terror that I can still lead my family further from safety or prosperity. Therefore I will support our President with all that I have both tangible and otherwise. The impossibility of success in his job has recently become more obvious to me than at any time in my 60 years and as we as a nation with its laws, rules, and regulations placed him in his seat I owe it to the dreams I have for my children to trust that he has the courage and wisdom (or luck, I really don't care which) to give them the best future possible.

Then, assuming all goes as hoped we will all again be gifted with the power of the ballot to assess how we think we should move forward in three more years.

God willing, we will still be here to make that choice.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You are either American and support your Country or you are an anarchist.....if you are an American you 100% support your President and your Country based upon the surety of the vote you cast......you do not become a traitor and self-immolate politiclly because things arent all bubblegum rainbows and unicorns......

It is obvious to the entire world that Trump is fighting to bring America together and he is batteling powerfull forces embedded within his country on every level to get this job done or started....it has been very ugly and we have seen unheard of things done by the anti-Trump domestic terrorists to disenfranchise the people of the USA....

Once the vote is over....it is over...and you support your Country until the next vote....rallying support and millions and millions of dollars to continue to attack an incumant President is akin to DOMESTIC TERRORISM simply because we see embedded methods for the opposition to be heard on every level in America so this is not about the people having a voice....this is about organised funded multi-faceted undermining of the fabric of America by domestic and possible non-domestic terrorists providing funding.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: samstone11

When I hear the words Donald Trump I immediately want Carls Junior.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
It is obvious to the entire world that Trump is fighting to bring America together

please show your work

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Trump, well he's just another stooge to me. He's just there to serve as an Emmanuel Goldstein. He doesn't answer to the Deep State but a group far more higher than them.
edit on 10/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Father Trump is a great man. We must respect is authority.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

He doesn't answer to the Deep State but a group far more higher than them.

Heaven perhaps?

Is this the new talking point. So Donald represents Heaven knows why and Hell has no fury like Clinton losing.

Am I on the right track?

Lol

P

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Are you familiar with an African Leader named Thomas Sankara? He was the leader of an African nation named Burkina Faso and he rejected the IMF because he saw that it destroyed many African nations.

For that, the French Secret Service and the CIA assassinated him.

This man tried to improve his country by ending female genital mutilation (Rampant in many African nations), gave equal rights to women (women are considered 2nd class citizens in many African nations), and did not enrich himself and instead spend money to help improve people's living standards.

All Trump does is Twitter, Twitter all day long. He is nothing compared to Sankara.

edit on 10/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Trump is trying to unify everyone and anyone who doesn't agree is a traitor, anti-American and a domestic terrorist?

That's quite possibly the most divisive, insulting thing I've read on ATS in hours.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You are either American and support your Country or you are an anarchist.....if you are an American you 100% support your President and your Country...

Only a mindless idiot 100% supports everything their country does. A true patriot questions everything.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

First off let me say I appreciate your well thought out OP.

For some strange reason, when you said:

If you have read any of my previous posts, you will see that I am deeply invested in the future my children and grandchildren will inherit.

The very first thing that popped into my mind was, "Maybe you should consider moving your
self, your children and grandchildren, if any, to Canada."

And I don't mean that in a spiteful or derogatory way, at all. I just realized in a moment of clarity that if I was a young person with your type medical skills, I would get out altogether and for one specific reason. That reason is that the US is just too wealthy a country and the results of that have been horrendous. The main result has been ever growing political instability and radicalization. The pace of change when combined with the widening political and social divisions and unrest coupled with the the obvious stagnation of the government really means that none of us can adequately provide for our children's future.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Cool, so I need to support the Presidency, particularly the guy who is now President, after he followed the previous President around and accused him of being from Kenya, among other erroneous and absurd things.

Man disrespects President, becomes President and demands respect for the Presidency. No hypocrisy to see here, just blink.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You are either American and support your Country or you are an anarchist.....if you are an American you 100% support your President and your Country...

Only a mindless idiot 100% supports everything their country does. A true patriot questions everything.

Only an anarchist continues to allow his paranoia to overcome his Nationalism......you had time to consider your loyalties before you voted....buck it up sunshine......there are many ways for you to voice your pleasure or displeasure with your current President and if you dont feel they are adequate then vote for change .....but a massive organised funded non-stop attack on a Countries President which began before he was elected and which has NEVER STOPPED OR LET UP id an obvious terrorist attack be it domestic non-domestic or BOTH working together knowingly or unknowingly.

You Sir are either afraid to enter this fight your President is in or you are the reason there is a fight in the first place....please identify yourself....right now yuou dont sound American at all.

A true Patriot does not go back on their word pal....your Country took a vote and Trump won.....you voted and gave your word and if you did not vote you gave your proxy word to support the results of those who did vote.... .like it and support it complain properly within normal context which you have established opposition methods to do .... or leave it and get the hades out....you have avenues to voice your discontent.....but once the decisionn has been made by vote your responsibolity as an American is WRITTEN IN STONE --- you stick to the rules. This massive non-stop media based massively funded attack on American Nationalism and on the cohesion of the American People has not been within established rules and ethics.

You seem to think that as soon as you spit out the word PATRIOT you are suddenly validated by proxy.

A Patriot supports his elected government....if there was a problem with the Process a true Patriot would have identified it and supported change pre-vote....this is not about the process being undermined or incorrect....this is about a massive epic long running non-stop domestic attack on the American President.

Only a mindfull anarchist would step out of the normal rules of conduct as we have seen an organised group do as they try to twist their Countries National Identity to fit their own flighty mindset......this is called turning the other cheek to your President...to your Captain and to your Team.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Only an anarchist continues to allow his paranoia to overcome his Nationalism...

Distrust of government is not paranoia, it's patriotic.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Only an anarchist continues to allow his paranoia to overcome his Nationalism...

Distrust of government is not paranoia, it's patriotic.

It is paranoia when it is projected this way behind and within an obvious multi-headed attack on YOUR OWN COUNTRY which is focused primarily at YOUR PRESIDENT.......whats wrong that you cant feel it when someone kicks you in your cojones???

Your discontent is being recruited ......you are being played like a Harp......your tiny little bit of discontent is being SNOWBALLED together with an organised effort to undermine your Country.

Find some perspective because if to many Americans begin to let totally opposite intentions bleed together into this monster of a dynamic....the Terrorists trying to undermine America will gain more traction.

Seperate yourself and your valid feelings of discontent from this dynamic you know you are being artfully recruited into...why try to defend yourself....why not seperate the issues and stand for something you believe in while you also battle something you hate .You love yourself and your Country and you hate those trying to rip its heart out...right?
edit on 15-10-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It is paranoia when it is projected this way behind and within an obvious multi-headed attack on YOUR OWN COUNTRY which is focused primarily at YOUR PRESIDENT.......whats wrong that you cant feel it when someone kicks you in your cojones???

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then." -- Thomas Jefferson

You are such a good little totalitarian, I'm sure you would be ecstatic to live in a fascist regime where criticism of political leaders is verboten.

edit on 15-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then." -- Thomas Jefferson

You are such a good little totalitarian, I'm sure you would be ecstatic to live in a fascist regime where criticism of political leaders is verboten.

No , I have enough brains and enough cojones to know when soomeone is trying to furtively recruit me into becoming a traitor to myself and to my Country of choice by hi-jacking my emotions and intentions and trying to snowball them and their impacts and impetus into something entirely different than Nationalistic pride and solidarity .

I do not belive that what we are seeing in America is criticism of political leaders....IMHO it is terrorism via a combo of non-domestic funding of domestic terrorism minded Americans who would rather traitor their Country than respect the rules and seek change the proper and normal ways.

By abbrogating the processes put in place by your Countrymen you identify yourself differently than AMERICAN......

The same processes which were used to attack and destroy the nuclear family in the 60's are being used today in a long distance attempt to destroy Americas heart and soul......the same template is being used.....

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

No , I have enough brains and enough cojones...

I disagree, you have neither. Someone with brains and balls stands up to government and doesn't desire 100% homogenization of the political landscape since that is de facto fascism.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No , I have enough brains and enough cojones...

I disagree, you have neither. Someone with brains and balls stands up to government and doesn't desire 100% homogenization of the political landscape since that is de facto fascism.

An anarchist steps out of the conventional model of voicing discontent and claims it as a right......a traitor fights against his elected Government in the ways we are seeing projected today.

You refer to homogenization of the political landscape because you do not wish to follow protocals in place to voice your discontent...so you choose to instead rile up your country because you want attention or because you have a greater agenda.....

There is no defacto facism when there are established avenues of opposition....and YOU choose to abbrogate these established routes and in doing so you become something you claim to oppose.....you become the problem instead of the solution.....then you cry Wolf when challenged and try to hide behind some form of twisted Nationalisim you believe in.

It is clear and obvious that this is not a normal attack on a political dynamic....this is a massive organised funded multi-fronted attack on America.

Your discontent is minor pal....you have ways to voice your discontent.....it is your trying to parse your own situation together with these overt attacks on your country which make you a weak link.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You refer to homogenization of the political landscape because you do not wish to follow protocals in place to voice your discontent...so you choose to instead rile up your country because you want attention or because you have a greater agenda.....

As a foreigner I don't expect you to understand how the Constitution of the United States functions so allow me to explain. The 'protocols in place to voice your discontent', i.e. the First Amendment, permits me to do so in very broad manner including voicing my distrust of government and our elected leaders. If you don't like that, tough, you don't live here anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join