It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey Weinstein expelled from motion picture academy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I am having a hard time with this. He has done this for a long time. There have been hints and insinuation for more than a day. Yet he was the darling of so many in those circles.

All of a sudden, BAM! The dude is scum! He is an assaulter! Walk the plank!

If he is scum today, he was scum the first time he did it too. Yet it was business as usual for so many up and comings. A necessary evil. Now, many stars are claiming he did this to them but the claim comes only after they have made their way.

I know there will be those contorting my words to fit a make-believe in their heads. However, it does not change the fact there are many in Hollywood who went along with this for a long time because it got them where they wanted to go. It doesn't make it any more right or justified.

However, I cannot stomach those now who spout trauma and misdeeds on their way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
is it normal for the Hollywood fat cats to act so quickly to ostracize one of their own before that person has even been convicted of a crime?

I think they know that there is plenty of evidence so that he will be found guilty and they are trying to disassociate themselves from him as quickly as possible to avoid bringing unwanted attention to themselves and their perverted activities.

it`s interesting that they have acted so quickly against this guy before he has even been charged or convicted and yet they didn`t say anything against bill Clinton when he faced many of the same accusations and before he was ever charged or proven to be guilty.
my point is that they don`t care about their rich buddies sexually assaulting women they just want to make sure that they cover their own asses( and own pervert activities) by dis-associating themselves with any fellow pervert who draws too much attention to themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

originally posted by: ABNARTY
I am having a hard time with this. He has done this for a long time. There have been hints and insinuation for more than a day. Yet he was the darling of so many in those circles.

All of a sudden, BAM! The dude is scum! He is an assaulter! Walk the plank!

a reply to: Tardacus

originally posted by: Tardacus
is it normal for the Hollywood fat cats to act so quickly to ostracize one of their own before that person has even been convicted of a crime?

I still think this is being coordinated for a bigger purpose.

See here.
edit on 15-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Oh, I have zero doubt that it's absolutely everywhere. I think we're going to see this being unveiled on a scale that no one can imagine. The genie is out of the bottle now.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I guess we can all say hello to President Pence now.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Considering that most Americans never heard of the guy before this month, FOX News has lost touch with Americans this past week. They're harping on about this Hollywood pimp, like he's a bigger threat than Kim Jong.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

True, isn't it?

This all feels so coordinated. Really, the perfect chess move.

Get everyone talking about Harvey Weinstein, including right wing media who desperately want to cover the left wing hypocrisy angle, then drop the hammer on Trump.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: carewemust

True, isn't it?

This all feels so coordinated.

FOX News has all their resources dedicated to Bernstein. CNN has all their resources dedicated to Puerto Rico.

For this past week, CNN gets the win for putting priorities in proper order. (It was so hard to type that, LOL.)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hollywood suddenly grew a conscience? They've known for years and done nothing. Here's Courtney Love in 2005:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Bingo. That's exactly what it looks like to me. I imagine there's a rather mad scramble going on right now to get rid of any evidence that might incriminate anyone else. Loyalty tends to go out the window when Karma comes to call.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I guess we can all say hello to President Pence now.

I'm not so sure about that, actually. The sudden renewed interest in his campaign issues regarding allegations of harassment feel more retaliatory to me. I've got a sneaking suspicion that his "calm before the storm" remark had nothing to do with NK at all, and everything to do with this. Either way, we'll know soon enough.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I see this as move, countermove, move.

Remember, Trump knew about the subpoena last month when it was filed. Why is that story only breaking tonight?

So, you first have the subpoena, then the Harvey Weinstein story, then the cryptic Assange and Snowden tweets.

The chess pieces are moving across the board it seems.

Big things definitely in the works.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I spoke to a woman today who bears a stunning resemblance to the late singer Selena. So much so that she was offered a very lucrative opportunity to impersonate her in a variety of projects. She turned it down, and she said it was for one reason. They told her that she had to show the producers her body, because they needed to make sure she was a "perfect fit". She said they took her into an office with several other people in the industry, all male, and they asked her, "OK, so tell us how badly you want this gig. How much are you willing to do to be awarded this role?"

She said that she got such an immediate feeling that she was in some sort of danger that she got up and walked out. Said her heart started hammering and everything in her body was screaming at her to get out of that building.

I believe she made the right decision.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So when does castration begin?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yes! I have compared this at least four times today to a game of chess.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Not his looks, his power.

It's the whole "casting couch" thing.
Starlet needs work, starlet will sleep with producers/directors/stars to get that BIG BREAK.

ETA
And, just a thought, maybe he is being hung out to dry for other reasons....or made an example of.....this casting couch thing has to be fairly prevalent.
Surely he's not the only one....man or woman.
edit on Sun Oct 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

100% power

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Considering that most Americans never heard of the guy before this month, FOX News has lost touch with Americans this past week. They're harping on about this Hollywood pimp, like he's a bigger threat than Kim Jong.

you got that right, I`ve never heard of the dude until now,i saw a news headline and the only words I read were weinstien, police, investigation, I just figured he was another jewish stock broker who swindled people like that Madoff guy. Then I found out he is some rich Hollywood pervert and that didn`t surprise me because I figure all the rich Hollywood people are perverts anyway.

edit on 15-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Bingo. That's exactly what it looks like to me. I imagine there's a rather mad scramble going on right now to get rid of any evidence that might incriminate anyone else. Loyalty tends to go out the window when Karma comes to call.

yup!
I imagine the Hollywood elites are trying to put on a good public face by kicking him to the curb so quickly so that when or if he rats on them they can say it`s all just sour grapes and they are pristine and there`s no need for the police or anyone else to start poking around in their lives to look for dirt.
edit on 15-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The guy is a scumbag.

His movies reflect his mind, but people loved his movies.

Taking back awards or such is simply bullsh!t. He was scum before and I am sure the inner circles knew going PC now is simply a cover-up.

I can dislike the guy and still like his movies. I only liked a few of his movies.

Speaking of movies 99% of the movies put out nowadays are pure boring crap. 95% of his movies were crap as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join