It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Even Pilot a 450MPH RC Plane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here's a nifty video for aviation enthusiasts... check out the hole in the ground behind the 'runway'! For those who can't or don't want to watch, the video shows several minutes of preparing a remote-control model jet airplane, then it launches into the air with the help of an elastic band. It then continues with a couple minutes of the jet flying back and forth at a very fast rate making a heck of a lot of engine noise.

We’ve seen remote control airplanes powered by tiny jet engines before. But what’s mind-blowing about this particular RC craft is that it weighs just 17 pounds but can blast through the skies at an astonishing 450 miles per hour, making you wonder how any human has the reflexes needed to keep this thing from crashing.

SOURCE
edit on 10142017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

This one is better. Take some Dramamine though.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Very cool toy, and good God is it fast. He did not tighten the allen bolts very tight on the access doors on it. It would be real easy to crash.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Errrrmahgawdd I need one!!!

Hell, even if you do nosedive it into the ground, you still get a sweet fireworks show I'd bet.

Only problem is I wager it'd cost a solid 2-3 grand for one. Guessing these guys made that and it isn't something you can purchase at your local hobby shop lol.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
If it crashed, you'd have to get a Backhoe to dig it out of the ground to retrieve it. It would look good stuck in Kim Jung Un.........no?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Can't nearly any plane be flown remotely?
The SR-72 is rumored unmanned.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Hell, even if you do nosedive it into the ground, you still get a sweet fireworks show I'd bet.

Only problem is I wager it'd cost a solid 2-3 grand for one. Guessing these guys made that and it isn't something you can purchase at your local hobby shop lol.

You can buy them at a hobby shop.... It isn't a ready to fly kit but pretty much every part would be sold at a hobby shop. You generally buy a kit (plane) then spec out motor separately along with servos and transmitter.

I race 1/8 offroad RC cars. Each one of my cars probably costs about $2k fully built, but you can buy ready to run kits for a few hundred.

That jet doing fly bys is cool, but for crazy skill check out some of the 3d Helicopter flying...

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

the engine alone is closer to 5-10 grand depending on what he has when everything is said and done in the plane
edit on 14-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Holy cow. I'd be afraid I'd crash it within a few seconds of take off for sure. Sheesh if a person even sneezed or got a bug in the eye it's one expensive game over!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I saw this this morning just because I was watching videos on some giant scale RC planes, then saw this video. And now it is posted here, what an odd coincidence.

I have flown RC simulators with pulse jet computer models that are this fast and they are difficult to fly that's for sure.(Using a real RC transmitter via USB and r/c computer simulator software is pretty realistic compared to the real thing, only it doesn't cost anything when you crash.
edit on 14-10-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

simple answer, very carefully....

very neat, i would definitely crash it

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

very neat, i would definitely crash it

Nope i would lose it .

join