It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Lopez booed off stage after Trump/White Privilege jokes flop at gala

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Some responding here have missed the point of the OP.

The point is not the relatively crappy comedy of a D-lister like Lopez.

The point is that “real America” does’t like anything anti-Trump and certainly not anything pointing out “White privilege.”

That may be the case however, it is only one interpretation.

Perhaps people did not like the fact that he was introducing that particular subject matter at a charity event that was supposed to be about children with diabetes.

Perhaps people did not disagree with his point of view but perhaps they are sick of hearing about it everywhere they go and every time they tune into anything.

Perhaps they did not like the fact that his material was weak and unoriginal.

There are many explanations for a negative reaction beyond what i have suggested or the one you are suggesting (though I'm not saying you're incorrect either).

Besides, the title of this article/OP is entirely inaccurate as the video posted by Groot does not show him being "booed off stage" at all. At most it shows a couple of groans, some weak chuckles and some muttering..

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Did I miss the video of the event on here? Just in case I did, here it is ......

Cringy at its best. Best to give a candy coated, non ego driven routine at a Charity event, otherwise you look like Mr. Lopez, a douche. People love to be insulted for helping a charity.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Some responding here have missed the point of the OP.

The point is not the relatively crappy comedy of a D-lister like Lopez.

The point is that “real America” does’t like anything anti-Trump and certainly not anything pointing out “White privilege.”

Because to whine about "white privilege" is missing the larger point of how we have a legislative system that creates an executive system hell bent on repressing minorities.

Nothing in this world can be done about how white people have access to more lucrative social networks until you fix the fact that government wants minorities isolated in small ghetto's within urban sprawl.

How many white folks do you think actually go out of their way to step on minorities? Its insulting to suggest that someone who kicks their own ass everyday to make anything of their lives has a privilege. Its more that our government didn't paint us into a small corner like they did minorities.

And instead of focusing on government,w e fight with each other. That is just so....typical.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Is "real America" wrong for pointing out a racism when they see it?

As for Trump, George is a comedian and they are touchy and it went poorly. The donor was touchy and more than likely gets his way from the hired brown nosers surrounding him all the time. Bad situation, I would suggest George know his audience.

edit on 15-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Is "real America" wrong fro pointing out a racism when they see it?

As for Trump, George is a comedian and they are touchy and it went poorly. The donor was touchy and more than likely gets his way from the hired brown nosers surrounding him all the time. Bad situation, I would suggest George know his audience.

Do you have anything other than loaded questions you’d like to explore?

Be a slightly more relaistic. Your article reports that a major contributor didn’t like a crappy comedian and reacted.

Hmmm ... could it be that “the People” were motivated by something else other than Trump love?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You are commenting on circumstances in the real world.

I was commenting on the actual intentions of the OP.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Im just giving examples of why people miss the point of the OP.

I can tell you that my wife and her family, all latin folk from old Texas (they were here prior to Texas independance), are not fond of the turn he has taken over the last 2 years. Its not just white folks in the midwest that aren't liking his take on comedy.

If you are familiar with La Raza, and some of the stuff relating to Aztlan....you recognize the mindset that forms much of his comedy. I've always thought he was just making jokes based on the culture he lived around in California. Maybe its his mindset, too. I dunno...but its not something the folks I know really support regardless of skin color.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Are you suggesting they didn't like George because of his ethnicity?

I think the donor is a Trump supporter and he has money and didn't like the show. And with money comes the fact that his opinion counts most. As such, George was told to calm his act down, but George doubled down. So we was booted.

White privilege is a racist term.

edit on 15-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Its a "twofer". White Privilege is a term that rides the horses of both racism and classism. Its uses race to be the sole perpatrator (not benefactor...perpetrator) of socioeconomic success.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Pulling out the ol’ race pimping only works on certain audiences.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It's disgusting that so many people support racism.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

there is only green privilege. (money)

I thought you were going to say the Hulk.

Another in a long list of things Trump and his supporters couldn't take. Cripes the skin is so thin as to be transparent. Never saw this before this president.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Can't wait to see him use the Kathy Griffin Defense. Look at what Trump has done to me. I wouldn't have done that routine if not for Trump, it's all his fault. Trump's ruined my career.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Don Rickles race comedy. He did take cracks a his own, Jews...well not really he would often say.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yea and comedy that not really comedy anymore. Race and political comedy that clearly partisan is just weak most of the time as something funny.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Dave Chappelle seems to pull off the racial comedy pretty well. It can be done, but I think you have to start with a heart that is free of anger. Or, at least not simmering over.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good to see that normal people are waking up to this bigotry.

Mr. Lopez has made an entire career out of being racist towards white people.

It's about time "comedians" like him are given their walking papers.

edit on 15-10-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I heard him say, after some sort of reflection, that he concluded he was contributing to race problems with his comedy. But I didn't agree. Only the very uptight got offended by his race comedy.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Logarock

Dave Chappelle seems to pull off the racial comedy pretty well. It can be done, but I think you have to start with a heart that is free of anger. Or, at least not simmering over.

Chappelle skewered all races. Lopez strictly attacks whites.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Are you suggesting they didn't like George because of his ethnicity?

Did I say that? No? Then I didn’t suggest it.

I think the donor is a Trump supporter and he has money and didn't like the show. And with money comes the fact that his opinion counts most. As such, George was told to calm his act down, but George doubled down. So we was booted.

Yeah. Thanks for summarizing my last comment.

Really? How so?
edit on 15-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Format

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join