It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weekly report on human rights violations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Despite ongoing understandings between the Israeli and Palestinian sides on a ceasefire, Israeli occupation forces (IOF) have launched more attacks against Palestinian civilians in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT). This week, 4 Palestinian civilians, including a child, were killed by IOF. Human rights violations perpetrated by IOF included incursions into Palestinian areas, indiscriminate shelling and total closure imposed on Palestinian communities. IOF have also continued to construct the annexation wall inside the West Bank territory.

Electro Intef..

IOF have continued to construct the annexation wall inside the West Bank Territory. On Tuesday, 8 February 2005, the Israeli High Court issued two decisions regarding the construction of the wall. According to the first decision, the construction of the wall to the northwest of Jerusalem will be resumed. In the second decision, the court obligated Palestinian civilians from Kherbat al-No'man village, northeast of Bethlehem, to negotiate the route of the wall to the east of the village with IOF. This week, IOF used force to disperse peaceful demonstrations organized by Palestinian civilians in protest to the construction of the wall.

The following article I read earlyer this week was this;BBC propaganda.. I had written a thread about it but had difficulty posting it because I was'nt fully sure if I wanted to discredit the Org.Afterall I am a loyal listener too.
Even though I could see what the study meant,the BBC has done extensive documentaries, and held many chat shows about the whole Iraqi War,but after reading the report above I felt I had to add this.
It might seem like I might have gotten my apples & oranges mixed up,but I'm sure someone gets the picture of what I'm trying to say....thank you's...

A study of the four main British broadcasters - BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Sky- carried out by the Cardiff School of Journalism found that the BBC followed a more pro-government line than its commercial rivals. It revealed that the BBC was twice as likely to use government sources as ITV and Channel 4, and that the BBC also used more military sources than the other channels. The BBC was less likely to use either official Iraqi sources or independent sources such as aid agencies that were often highly critical of the war. The BBC also appeared to significantly downplay Iraqi casualties: Only 22% of BBC stories concerning the Iraqi population were with regard to Iraqi casualties, compared with figures of 44% and 30% for Channel Four and Sky. The BBC was more likely to unquestioningly relay false stories such as the non-existent scud missiles supposedly fired into Kuwait in the early stages of the war as well as the mythical Basra "uprising". The study also made reference to the Prime Minister's claim that captured British soldiers had been executed by the Iraqi authorities, a claim Downing Street retracted the next day. The BBC relayed that claim but, unlike other broadcasters, not the retraction.
Painfully true.

new topics

join