It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime really does pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was looking at the newly released 2016 crime statistics and noticed the following:

Link.

I didn't check in previous years for comparison, but this struck me as much worse than I imagined.

So in other words, for the following categories, these are the percentages of crimes that are not really solved.

"Violent crime" 54.4%
"Murder and non negligent manslaughter" 40.6%
"Rape revised definition1" 63.5%
"Rape legacy definition2" 59.1%
"Robbery" 70.4%
"Aggravated assault" 46.7%
"Property crime" 81.7%
"Burglary" 86.9%
"Larceny-theft" 79.6%
"Motor vehicle theft" 86.7%
"Arson" 79.2%

Food for thought.
edit on 14-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
But yet you must rely on police and government, and at the same time give up your guns. I refuse to be a victim if I can help it.

I don't see an issue if somebody decides to be a vigilante if its justified.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Any idea what the difference is between "Rape revised definition" and "Rape legacy definition?"

-dex

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Now wait a minute.
On tv every crime is solved in an hour.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Crime really does pay

It pays if you're rich. Laws are written for poor people. Poor people go to prison, wealthy people make the rules.

A burglary occurred next door, I saw the perp, but didn't recognize him. My neighbor gave me the phone number of the detective in charge, when I called he said unless I know his name it isn't going to help. He said he had 600 open burglary cases in our town alone.

edit on 14-10-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

The FBI changed their definition of rape when it comes to compiling data for the UCR. Their current definition is, for the purposes of the UCR, the "revised definition." Not all agencies use the same definition, though, so there's still a "legacy definition."

Basically the legacy definition is more narrow in it's language and the revised definition is broader.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

if you look at the definition of a 'slush fund' you should see these charts used as visual examples.

the 'crime industry' is about to get more lucrative once Sessions gets the ball rolling.

thats why im switching to the automation engineering field

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Laws are written for poor people

You have all the rights in the world....if you can afford the lawyer to fight for them for you.
If you can't....what are you going to do about it???

Remember,it is not a court of justice...it is a court of law and lawyers aren't cheap.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As President, John F. Kennedy understood the predatory nature of private central banking.
He understood why Andrew Jackson fought so hard to end the Second Bank of the United States.
So Kennedy wrote and signed Executive Order 11110 which ordered the US Treasury to issue a new public currency, the United States Note.
Kennedy's United States Notes were not borrowed from the Federal Reserve but created by the US Government and backed by the silver stockpiles held by the US Government.
It represented a return to the system of economics the United States had been founded on, and was perfectly legal for Kennedy to do. All told, some four and one half billion dollars went into public circulation, eroding interest payments to the Federal Reserve and loosening their control over the nation.
Five months later John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas Texas, and the United States Notes pulled from circulation and destroyed (except for samples held by collectors).

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

So Kennedy wrote and signed Executive Order 11110 which ordered the US Treasury to issue a new public currency, the United States Note.
Kennedy's United States Notes were not borrowed from the Federal Reserve but created by the US Government and backed by the silver stockpiles held by the US Government.

Where do people come up with this crap? You have it completely backwards. US Notes were not backed by anything were around long before Kennedy. Kennedy's EO facilitated the withdrawal of silver certificates which were backed by silver.

In 1961, at my direction, sales of silver were suspended by the Secretary of the Treasury. As further steps, I recommend repeal of those Acts that oblige the Treasury to support the price of silver; and repeal of the special 50-percent tax on transfers of interest in silver and authorization for the Federal Reserve System to issue notes in denominations of $1, so as to make possible the gradual withdrawal of silver certificates from circulation and the use of the silver thus released for coinage purposes. I urge the Congress to take prompt action on these recommended changes.

en.wikipedia.org...

A United States Note, also known as a Legal Tender Note, was a type of paper money that was issued from 1862 to 1971 in the U.S. Having been current for over 100 years, they were issued for longer than any other form of U.S. paper money.

www.coincommunity.com...

edit on 10/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage im going to stop reading history there blaming every war on the federal reserve we blow up a country it borrows from US to rebuild "all wars are bankers wars"

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What suits as proof?

Many convictions are done via a plea bargain, no evidence is needed if the perp fully accepts responsibility for the alleged crime. That's a common theme in the UK anyways.

The "proof" usually comes in the format of 100's to 1000's of man hours, nothing is fast in the system.

Crimes are reported much more than the past too. I would be hesitant to say cases without conviction is a sign of a failing system of law...

Back in the day, pinning a crime was easier. Back in the day, when smaller communities were more common, a conviction usually solved the problem even if it wasn't the perpetrator who was convicted.

In a city of one million, a dodgy arson conviction isn't going to stop what might be 100's of arsonists. Nobody will even bat an eyelid.

And as I said, what suits as proof?

People can't be convicted on whimsy evidence. Imagine the size prison populations would be...

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I need a new car. Only 13.3% chance I'll get thrown in jail for it. Anyone know how to hotwire a new Ferrari?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So in other words, for the following categories, these are the percentages of crimes that are not really solved.

Not exactly.

In the UCR Program, a law enforcement agency reports that an offense is cleared by arrest, or solved for crime reporting purposes, when three specific conditions have been met. The three conditions are that at least one person has been:

Arrested.
Charged with the commission of the offense.
Turned over to the court for prosecution (whether following arrest, court summons, or police notice).

ucr.fbi.gov...

In any case, the net result is the same. Most reported crimes don't make it to court. Are you surprised? Really? When I was burglarized, I had no illusions.

edit on 10/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Kennedy was in favor of phasing out the silver certificates in favor the of the fed notes that were still gold backed (until Aug 15 1971). I think kennedy freed up the silver for coins and not paper as the industrial uses were ballooning. Silver coins ended in 1964 with the exception of the Kennedy 1/2 dollar.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

[

Remember,it is not a court of justice...it is a court of law and lawyers aren't cheap.

Thats why rich people go to trial and poor people go to court.

Rich people get out on bail, poor people get detained.

Good lawyers defend the rich, poor people get a public defender.

Rich people get a jury verdict, poor people get a judges decision.
edit on 14-10-2017 by intrptr because: change

join