It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Space Station Set To "Crash Land" Within Next 6 Months

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks, yeah it certainly will be interesting this.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Bigburgh

Lower Michigan, plus a dozen other possible places.

The two yellow bands on the map in your link are the areas of high probability, green is low probability, and blue near zero probability.

And like you're saying as of yesterday they are now saying Pennsylvania over Easter weekend. That's still 5-6 days away, and gauruntteed will change right up to the last few hours

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just got on and saw my old thread is active and would just like to dispense a little helpful info. If you do encounter a piece of the space station do not touch it or inhale any fumes coming from it. The Chinese government is being closed mouthed about exactly what chemicals are on the space station but whatever they are they are toxic. And if you find a piece that seems to be fairly harmless you still can't take it. Pieces of space junk are government property and you can go to jail for keeping a piece. You can track the space station in real time at N2YO.com. Heads up everybody.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Just got on and saw my old thread is active and would just like to dispense a little helpful info. If you do encounter a piece of the space station do not touch it or inhale any fumes coming from it. The Chinese government is being closed mouthed about exactly what chemicals are on the space station but whatever they are they are toxic. And if you find a piece that seems to be fairly harmless you still can't take it. Pieces of space junk are government property and you can go to jail for keeping a piece. You can track the space station in real time at N2YO.com. Heads up everybody.

Bummer! if I find a piece, how would I know if it's space debris? That means anything not organic needs to be reported before taking it.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Bummer! if I find a piece, how would I know if it's space debris? That means anything not organic needs to be reported before taking it.
Yes, that's exactly what it means so if you usually spend a lot of time picking things up off of the ground then this will be a big change for you.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hour ago by Mashable.
mashable.com... D-Synd-Flipboard-Science-Full#5KGp6zPzBiqb

As the days have passed, the ESA has been coming out with new date ranges for the descent. The most recent range marks the most precise prediction for re-entry so far.

That said, we still don't know where Tiangong-1 will end up coming down. 

The space station — which launched to orbit in 2011 — will circle the Earth dozens of times over the course of the weekend, before the station is expected to re-enter. Because of that, it's nearly impossible to pinpoint where the station will come down. 

However, this uncertainty shouldn't be cause for concern. 

First of all, the space station should mostly burn up harmlessly in Earth's atmosphere, but even if parts of the station do make it all the way to the planet's surface, the likelihood that they would land in a populated area is exceedingly small. 

According to astronomer Jonathan McDowell, trackers won't be able to rule out Tiangong-1 landing in certain areas until the window is down to around 12 hours. 

Get your cameras ready folks

TIANGONG 1
www.n2yo.com...
edit on 27-3-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I got my catchers mit out and would be ready but I'm headed way north for a couple of weeks of spring cleaning at the cave.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Doesn't look like it will get close to the USA if it keeps its current orbit .

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Altitude now under 200kms (122miles) which is below the prediction on the aerospace . org website

aerospace tiangong 1

Hoping I am lucky enough in my parts to see something stunning with me own eyes!

Last time something like this happened I was 15! And in those days internet streaming wasn't so great. But what a sight to behold Mir was!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You can track where it is now at heavens-above.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Doesn't look like it will get close to the USA if it keeps its current orbit .
It's path moves over towards the west a little with each pass so it definitely goes over the USA.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
my guess/ my money will be on Longitude 147.... anywhere from Anchorage Alaska on a northern landmass to a watery grave in the north or South Pacific

but let me hit the stations' orbit link to see if it will support my guess/bet as to reentry/burnup/splashdown

- 30 & - 147... which is NE of New Zealand is my staked claim latitude-longitude coordinates
edit on th31152221377128092018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Oh well..... the China space lab burnt up 50 miles above Tahiti...close to longitude -149°

or very close to that coordinate...the exact coordinate will be deduced later today but someplace north & west of Tahiti is the generalized report

my guestimate of -147° is not close enough to a reentry near -149 °(or even closer to the international date-line at 180 ° )

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Yup they're saying 8:16 PM EST Sunday out in the middle of the South Pacific but I also heard South Atlantic.

Guess I'll put my mit away.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join