It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Agent who ran away with her ISIS suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
An FBI translator with a top-secret security clearance traveled to Syria in 2014 and married a key ISIS operative she had been assigned to investigate, CNN has learned.
The rogue employee, Daniela Greene, lied to the FBI about where she was going and warned her new husband he was under investigation, according to federal court records.

link

I am not sure if this was some kind of honey trap or not but the story seems a bit strange and reminds me of the couple freed by the Taliban recently. I haven't seen it on here thought I would share.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

he must have a giant hog on him

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

She sure did make a huge mistake. It's a big boo boo. They should better screen their choices. It is not good enough for it to be just a job. It i a vocation and a life. You have to be committed to the cause. Jihadists are very committed to their cause. Wow, she gave up a great career and eloped with a monster, probably gave the enemy all the secrets she had. I guess for those kind of roles you have to have some vested interest and patriotism in your blood.

edit on 14-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

She sure did make a huge mistake. It's a big boo boo. They should better screen their choices. It is not good enough for it to be just a job. It i a vocation and a life. You have to be committed to the cause. Jihadists are very committed to their cause. Wow, she gave up a great career and eloped with a monster, probably gave the enemy all the secrets she had. I guess for those kind of roles you have to have some vested interest and patriotism in your blood.

She was maybe collecting information for all we know. Seems a bit off.

Would that make her a double agent? Or a double double agent? My head hurts.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I knew women were crazy.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
These are the quotes that I find interesting:

"So for her to be able to get in as an American, as a woman, as an FBI employee, and to be able to take up residence with a known ISIS leader, that all had to be coordinated." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A Justice Department official, however, said Greene's sentence was "in line" with similar cases, but declined to cite examples. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "If I talk to you my family will be in danger," Greene said. She declined further comment. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Her escape from the area unscathed, and with apparently much of that knowledge undisclosed, appears a stroke of luck or a measure of the lack of savvy on the part of the terrorists with whom she interacted." -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The report, citing unnamed US and German intelligence officials, did not name the spy. The report was also at odds with Greene's case on a fundamental level: It described the operation as an FBI-sanctioned plot in which Cuspert was duped by a spy, not as the work of a rogue employee who broke the law and betrayed her country in the process. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "It now appears that assessment was incorrect and Denis Cuspert survived the airstrike." One day later, Greene was released from federal prison, records show. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's possible that Cuspert, himself, is a spy.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Also, why the hell is the FBI investigating terrorists on foreign soil?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

They can conduct investigations on foreign soil, but they have no authority to make arrests on foreign soil. In a foreign country, they would often work alongside (in in cooperation with) the foreign agencies that do have jurisdiction.

edit on 2017/10/14 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Why is this person being referred to as both a translator AND an investigator?

Traditionally, one does not teach translators the ins and outs of GSR testing, nor does one teach investigators how to say "Oh yeah, before I go, just one more question" in ten languages.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I know. Go ahead and try to say the FBI is supposed to be an national investigative federal agency, not international.

Things changed when the direction of US foreign policy became more 'global' domineering.

World domination requires the Gestapo to fan out.

Enemies at home and abroad.
edit on 14-10-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Why is this person being referred to as both a translator AND an investigator?

Traditionally, one does not teach translators the ins and outs of GSR testing, nor does one teach investigators how to say "Oh yeah, before I go, just one more question" in ten languages.

Maybe it's technicality of job function within the hierarchy of the FBI.

That is, maybe her translating job is more than simply repeating exactly what the investigator wants her to say, and (to keep the flow of the interview going) she might be asking her own follow-up questions as well that need to be asked "in the moment".

...So maybe before the FBI allows an employee to ask their own follow-up questions in an investigation, that person's job label needs to include "investigator".

edit on 2017/10/14 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I knew women were crazy.

It's some kind of Florence Nightingale effect for spies and assassins.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

They can conduct investigations on foreign soil, but they have no authority to make arrests on foreign soil. In a foreign country, they would often work alongside (in in cooperation with) the foreign agencies that do have jurisdiction.

I get that, but only if they are investigating a U.S. federal crime.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A german black rapper terrorist!

Interesting considering Islams long history of racism against people of color.

Cherry on top ?

a rogue FBI agent!

Yeah alrightie then.

Even more so since Isis is the 'white supremacists' of the middle east.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

She must have provided some useful intel, given how she got away with only two years jail.

Weird case indeed.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

The FBI has JTTF ....just saying

Maybe it's technicality of job function within the hierarchy of the FBI. That is, maybe her translating job is more than simply repeating exactly what the investigator wants her to say, and (to keep the flow of the interview going) she might be asking her own follow-up questions as well that need to be asked "in the moment". ...So maybe before the FBI allows an employee to ask their own follow-up questions in an investigation, that person's job label needs to include "investigator".

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
A german black rapper terrorist!

Interesting considering Islams long history of racism against people of color.

Cherry on top ?

a rogue FBI agent!

Yeah alrightie then.

Even more so since Isis is the 'white supremacists' of the middle east.

IS are the white supremacists.....?

Oookay theb

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just the title..

LolLol

new topics

top topics

join