It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your attitude to race?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am writing this thread because I want to know candidly what others are thinking regarding race. I am leaving it very open to interpretation, but hoping that if you do comment then it is not nasty to others.

I have spent many years thinking about race. I was born and spent most of my childhood in a place in the very middle of England called Leicester. It is there I was exposed from the word go to many different types of people. There were English, Scottish, Welsh, Jamaicans, Irish, Polish, Indian Hindus and Muslims, Pakistan Muslims, Jewish people and others. Wow, that was happening even in the 1970s. When we were kids there was a bit of banter and the racist National Front tried to stir things up violently, though they were only a small minority. Leicester has been a wonderful multicultural success. It is amazing really as it is one of the most working class cities in the whole of England. To this day I miss the place.

I spent many years living in a Muslim community. My real Dad came over from Germany as a very little boy with my Grandmother and his older brother at the end of the last World War as refugees. I really know nothing about them as my English Mum (who is unusually dark skinned) never married him. I met my Grandmother once, but she was so secretive and utterly discouraged me from getting involved. It remains a mystery and is I expect untraceable. On my Mom's side it is Gypsy. My Mom almost looks half African, like Diana Ross, so dark and beautiful. She is still alive and doing fine. She is very happy with my Step Dad, who is a lovely easy going and gentle guy.

I liked living with the Muslims. I never really had a problem except when everything went crazy with Jihad. I used to even eat Halal meat. I spent many years, too, with Jamaican culture. I learned so much about Africa and its Diaspora. It helped with the Bible, too. I learned all about Cush in the Bible and Solomon's Dark Lady.

I meany, guys, the one who has taught me more than any other human being was this chap from Galilee, Israel 2000 years ago. I read a lot about Native Americans. I read a book called "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" by Dee Brown. It chronicles all the slaughters of the tribes. I spent weeks reading it as it is a very thick book. I had tears in my eyes the whole time. It hurt me bad and to this day I can still instantly recall the feeling of grief. I read all about the struggles of the Black Man and the Black Woman. I studied Martin Luther King, even read Malcolm X. To this day I still make music that comes from Black people. They have had a huge influence on me in terms of understanding freedom. I picked up on their journey to freedom, too. Like Bob Marley said we all must "Emancipate yourselves from MENTAL SLAVERY, None but ourselves can free our minds". Bob turned me on to Haile Selassie, Emperor of Ethiopia, The Christian King wrote about some amazingly intelligent, insightful and philosophical observations and ideas about race that address our global dilemma as we become more and more exposed to each other. He gave many speeches about race to the United Nations. I highly recommend Haile, lol. I think he wins the argument. His argument is regal and noble in purpose. He has taught me a great deal about race.

I read Maya Angelo's "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" and Alice Walker's "The Color Purple". I learned all about child abuse from these Women Writers. It gave me deep insight into the woman's perspective. Yes, I learned that from Black Women. I have let Russian writers get in my head. It has all been an EDUCATION. I read "The Diary of Anne Frank" which is an incredibly powerful book about race. Anne is a great teacher. Yes, children have taught me about race.

I look around my studio. I have stuff from all around the world. I have Chinese electronics, Japanese electronics, American electronics, German electronics, British electronics. My PC is loaded with programs coded by programmers from many different nationalities. I have Indian cotton, Egyptian cotton, American/Hebrew Levi's jeans, Korean hiking boots, American guitars (how much more to make my point?)

I would date any nation of girl. I find beauty in all nationalities aesthetically. I eat many different kinds of recipes and food traded from all over the earth. This is my attitude to race. It is what it is. I make it a plus not a minus. Others do not though and they ruin it for me and stop me from experiencing what I would like to experience. The world is still not ready. It will have to go through the motions. I have been through the motions.

Now I am at my multicultural peak living in a beautiful place where even royalty and Rothschilds come to have holidays occasionally. David Cameron and his wife come here often. I am very poor in my cave cottage. I miss multiculture like crazy in many ways. It is almost too monoculture for me here. I can't think locally. My perception perceives the world always. That is one of the reasons I visit, read and write here at ATS. America and its writers, poets, artists, movie makers, thinkers, dreamers have been a huge influence on me culturally, black and white.

edit on 13-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There's just assh@les and non-assh@les. I stick with the latter no matter the birthplace.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
People need thicker skin. Back to "sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt me."

"Racism" is an evolved survival trait. Inherent within all humans. Pretending we are not different causes problems.

Science can't(won't) even pin down homosexuality/transexuality as a disorder, let alone differences between ethnic groups. Until we are ready to face truth, we are not ready to accept our differences.
edit on 13-10-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The different races have differences. That is a fact of life.

But we are not allowed to mention these differences.

We are ordered to be all the same. Makes it easier for the govt.

All people are different and many, many people make huge $$$ from the racial divides foisted on us by big business and our Govt.

P

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We all bleed the same color when murdered.

Yup, that's how I feel about race.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Now My real attitude is that there is only one human race, I am not a racist but I am definitely a culturist
I have no problem with any persons skin color, eye color, hair color, language, place of birth.
I DO have a problem with some people's belief's, cultures and attitudes.

Like I say there is only one human race, we were on the verge of splitting into two or perhaps three but that was actually in Africa were there is the most genetic diversity in human's anywhere but before that had become two or three races it would likely have taken another hundred or perhaps more thousand years of continued isolation and inbreeding between isolated population's, now that is actually reversing and we are today homogenizing and all those xenophobic nut job's out there can do nothing to stop the NEW and improved common humanity from emerging - though with all those population control and sterilization attempt's hidden in his FREE vaccines for the poor people in Africa Bill Gate's certainly attempted to prevent human's from one group from breeding, likely other's have done the same elsewhere including in Europe and America which would most definitely explain our falling birth rate's, we have been chemically neutered?.

One race, but there will always be division between the have's and the have not's, the powerful and the exploited, the weak and the strong.

There will also always be those that seek to exploit differences in people's appearance in order to promote themselves and gain power through hate speech and scapegoating.

I find this is universally true though.
Even tribal racism were we see other's as more like ourselves in the typically blind human manner of identifying by appearance rather than by substance, well that tribal racism is most often automatically forgotten when a beautiful woman walk's past because it does not matter what her color is, if she is beautiful she is beautiful simple as that - of course that is just another kind of blindness that both men and woman suffer and if only we could see what people were inside a lot of those beautiful people are downright ugly and a lot of those physically unattractive people are absolutely beautiful.

edit on 13-10-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Race is a superstition. The fact is, the species cannot be divided upon such blurry lines.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There is no such thing as 'race'

There is Human Being.

The conversation ends there.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Race,mace,get out of my face.

Race is irrelevant to who we are as people.
Race is term used to divide us.
I view every one as an individual,to me race is nonexistent and I treat everyone equally as the Lord intended.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Like saying all dogs are just dogs. All birds all just birds. Genetics shows we are different, how does one disease effect one race and not an other ??

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Race is a superstition. The fact is, the species cannot be divided upon such blurry lines.

Yes, it is blurry lines. I am very considerate of people who do hold onto some notion of a racial identity. It is not a good idea to rush people along into that uncertainty of universality. It is a huge step and the MSM will do no favors if they bully us all into accepting their T&Cs about race. In many ways it is they who are stirring up the trouble of late. It creates an unpleasant backlash and people feel very insecure.

I value Hillbilly music very highly. It is culturally rich and has its own wonderful identity and roots in the past of the Old West. I hope the U.S does not forget its settler period. It will be just a period, just the early part of an emerging nation. Every nation has been through the bloodbaths of struggle unfortunately.

I don't want to be limited by the definitions. I'm a bit raceless really. I will not accept the white definition. I refuse it. It has no meaning. I think the term has been forced on people. You don't have to accept it. We are all really children of the universe on this rock in space.

edit on 13-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

There are actually very few such diseases and in fact there is no such disease that only affects one single ethnicity of human being, if you have heard otherwise then you have simply heard wrong.
There are ETHNICITY's that have higher resistance to some diseases but that can most often also be linked to there diet, climate and indeed culture.

Were we nearly divided was between SOME of the ethnicity's in sub-Saharan Africa AND Northern Europe (everyone outside of Europe and down eastern Africa are actually descendant's of a single group of African's if you believe the out of Africa theory), were the offspring of such couples do have a marked higher chance of a genetic defect called Sickle Cell anemia occurring due to a very slight genetic incompatibility, in sufferer's the blood cell's are malformed.

BUT it is rare even in such mixed ethnicity birth's and only affect's a small percentage, still it remain's the only noteworthy incompatibility in the human race other than Rhesus negative people mothers whom can have problem's if there partner is Rhesus positive.
www.nct.org.uk...

It can be every bit as serious as a bad case of Sickle cell Anemia and guess what, two blond blue eye's European's of equal intelligence, of equal life style and culture and even language can have more problem with there children than a mixed ethnicity marriage and the RH negative does not mean they are bloody alien's either despite some idiotic and moronic idea's out there (sorry not you but there are too many that believe that if they have RH negative they are somehow godly, guess what there is no evidence they are any better at anything at all though there blood can be used to transfuse far more people since while they would reject RH positive blood RH positive patient's can actually receive RH negative blood infusion's.

There are however congenital defect's in which are also more common in some ethnic groups, this is actually down to isolation and inbreeding not so much ethnicity and as a family inherited genetic defect all ethnicity's do have them, they come from a small breeding population causing excessive inbreeding in a localized region that is then passed into the wider population once that group's isolation end's, the other way of looking at it is that calling ourselves a race and inbreeding only with those that look like us is more likely to cause such genetic regressive defect's to become inherited trait's and out breeding mixing our gene's helps to combat this potential problem.

A good example is found by the Anthropological studies of the people of Rapa Nui (Easter Island) were after several generation of inbreeding the whole population inherited a defect in one knee cap.

edit on 13-10-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Like saying all dogs are just dogs. All birds all just birds.

They are.

And humans are just humans.

Genetics shows we are different, how does one disease effect one race and not an other ?

Species have different traits.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Why silly humans are trying to find racial dlifferences between eachother, to others more alien this may be simply The Planet of the apes...

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I find myself a bit conflicted on the subject. These days I truck a lot in eastern Washington and load at apple, pear and onion distribution centers. Most are Latino. The vast majority are better 'gringos' than the gringos. LOL.

Hard workers. Take care of their families. Out and out, cool guys. Most...

Yet having talked with execs of the larger companies, they won't even interview locals. The locals will complain if they don't receive all the overtime they're due. The smell from propane powered fork-lifts. They bitch.(It's not so much wage issues as the state and Feds stay on top of those pretty closely. Working conditions, less so).

If I found myself in their shoes, I'd like make the same moves they did. But I'm not.

Individually, they're cool. Collectively? No thank you. I LIKE my culture. I want it preserved as best as possible. Open doors for the Mexicans has opened the doors for H1B and student visa violations and further abuse from central and south America as well as Asia.

But then, if one is honest, immigration is not a racial issue at all. So I probably shouldn't use this example. Yes?

edit on 13-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Race is meaningless. Culture is everything.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
There shouldn't be one.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Hey, that was well informative for me. So real. That is what is needed; reality. People need to be able to express their likes, their dislikes, what is hard to accept. The only time anything ever got sorted out is when people spoke. It's a dialogue.

I totally get where you are coming from. There is so much of the English/British thing I adore. I said just now the same thing about U.S Culture. It's very dynamic and alive, still, as Trump is proving. I don't think he is a bad man. He is a man for the moment. He is well strong, too. Probably what America needs right now from an outsider's point of view. The global liberals don't like him though. They want to move fast pace and they seem very willing to walk all over everything culturally that gets in their path. i think that is well ignorant, like a traveler not treating the locals with respect and dignity when passing through.

I think you have a good angle on it. I can't comment as it is not my business. I like Mexicans, but I know what you mean about it being sometimes VERY different to the manner in which the "usual suspects" do business, lol.

Mexico has so many problems. Many South American nations do. There comes a time when a people must stop running away and face the challenges of the home situation. Mexico could have a lot to offer. It does have a lot to offer. People go there for their vacations. They want the U.S wages though and the civilization. The West is proving very much to be the best, Jim Morrison, the most popular "destinations" on earth for the speculating immigrant. The liberals tell us how bad we all are and how we must change our ways as immigrants bust a gut to reach and take advantage of what is on offer; ironic. All that business in China, but they are not flocking there.

edit on 14-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

That's a beautiful OP. To me, American culture is multicultural. I feel exactly as you do, I grew up around many different cultures and have been curious enough to learn about other cultures I haven't been exposed to. I read many of the same books as well.

Race is just the word we use in the West to describe groups of humans that have different superficial adaptations.

ETA: It's sad it turned partisan.
edit on 10/14/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What we call race is nothing more than examples of environmental influences on our genetic code. The differences are extremely minute as all the physiology and the other 99% of our genetic makeup is identical for our species.

There is only one race.

Anything that says otherwise is trying to sell you identity politics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join