It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expensive Mueller Witch-Hunt Should Conclude By Halloween.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: themold
They are probably a tad paranoid. If Trump really is a Russian operative, America would probably have been nuked by now while he is onboard Air Force One to Moscow.

What possible purpose would this serve? Mutually assured destructions ensures no such attack from Russia or any other major nuclear power will ever happen. We have an assured second strike capability that would inflict grave and unacceptable damages to anyone who attacked us with WMDs or overwhelming conventional force.

Besides, haven't you seen all of the Russian embassies being (IMHO, mistakenly) closed in the U.S.? How about the U.S. troops and BMD on Russia's doorstep? If he is a Russian plant, they made some pretty serious miscalculations.

Just my humble two cents!

JB

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Russians can afford to sacrifice a few million in exchange to annexing America. If America mainland is nuked, a few nuclear subs cannot totally destroy Russia.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: themold

a few nuclear subs cannot totally destroy Russia.

one single sub could.

Ohio Class, 24 missiles. 14 warheads each. 336 nukes total. Estimated 475 kilotons each.

EDIT TO ADD:
Its not that the surface of Russia will be touched in its entirety with a blast of a single submarine. It could for example only actually blast away an area roughly the size of New Jersey and Delaware in their entirety.

But its 336 spread out explosions instead of a single 150 megaton blast. more or less.

That can destroy any country.

edit on 10 15 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why not just wait until the investigation is done and then see what happens then??

Nothing you say is going to change anything. It won't stop it or change anything discovered or not discovered or what happens next anyway.

Nobody knows what information has been gained so far or if it's of any value for a next step. By speculating and making conclusions before anything is available just seems like you're trying to make up peoples minds about something before anyone has any information first or before we even know if there is anything to know in the first place.

Sighting the examiner which is already known to be a pro-Trump biased source with direct ties to him is also just bad form here. Especially since they don't know anything at all either. They're just pushing their propaganda to try and form peoples minds ahead of time anyway.

But nobody has any idea what's coming other than Muller. It could be nothing or it could be huge. We don't know. Why not just wait until we at least know where any of it is going??? How can you even have an opinion about something you don't have any information about yet??? Nobody does and we all just have to wait until he's done. Nothing is going to change what he's doing or planning to do when he's done investigating this.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: themold

Their losses would number into the hundreds of millions. One Ohio Class boomer (out of ~20) is enough to destroy every major city and military installation in Russia. Mutually assured destruction works, and we won't be getting attacked by Russia or China.

Best part is that our subs have letters of last resort, enabling them to autonomously fire their nuclear warheads if unable to communicate with their respective commands in a certain period of time.

That isn't even taking into account every NATO nation and ally (some nuclear) that would be counter-attacking under article 5. At this point, Russia would be extremely weakened and have none-to-few nuclear weapons remaining. It would be an extremely bad move on their part, one that we are extremely unlikely to see.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I appreciate your reply.

It is possible that the president will be exonerated of any wrongdoing - but until the investigation is properly concluded, there is no way to know. None of us here have the full story, only pieces of it to mull over.

The OP is stating that it should just be instantly wrapped up because the source is promoting the idea that "there is nothing there." This fits with those who want to believe that it is all a made up story regarding the Trumpcampaign and Russia.

I agree that the raid on Manafort says otherwise, at least in part.

The OP seems to be playing the partisan card in not wanting a full investigation on a massive Russian cyber and psyop carried out on our soil. I do. Now, I will cop to my own bias here as well, but this has the potential to be bigger than Watergate.

Thank you for disagreeing with me so civilly. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

edit on 15-10-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I find the "conservative" attitude towards this Russian investigation to be the most hypocritical and disgusting thing I have seen in a long time. The GOP investigated Hillary Clinton, 12-13-14 times, over the coarse of many years? and compared to colluding to with a foreign and adversarial nation, seeking aid to sway an American election nationally and at the state level, a private email server and Benghazi are small potatoes. How much money was wasted on that? Maybe it wasn't a waste, but getting to the bottom of this Russia hack and the presence on Facebook and barrage of propaganda on youtube is a good use of money. If Trump is innocent, then presumably he can be investigated for his whole presidency and come out clean. This is a way better use of money, once we get into the 12-13-14 investigations like HRC faced then I might hear the hypocrites out.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is a Russia investigation with no Russian in it. In other words, a farce. It doesn't matter if it takes 10 years. Nothing will come out of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If the conclusion is Trump's campaign colluded with Russia... if that is the conclusion based on a thorough FBI investigation, do not expect Trump supporters and their online trolls to change. Because their pursuit is not truth. Truth is irrelevant to their pursuit.

edit on 16-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

The US is not at war with Russia, which s a key ally against Sunni terrorism. Even if Trump and Putin had daily texting exchanges, it's no big deal. Trump is not a traitor of America in any way, shape or form. He is a good president who does his best to keep promises. We haven't had a president like that in decades if not centuries.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: themold
This is a Russia investigation with no Russian in it. In other words, a farce. It doesn't matter if it takes 10 years. Nothing will come out of it.

Don't hold your breath comrade.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I'm not interested in petty politics like Robert Mueller. I'm only interested in war.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
If the conclusion is Trump's campaign colluded with Russia... if that is the conclusion based on a thorough FBI investigation, do not expect Trump supporters and their online trolls to change. Because their pursuit is not truth. Truth is irrelevant to their pursuit.

The fact that this site used to be a conspiracy site, and look at it now, filled with lovers of all thing's government which can't do anything wrong, believing that collusion, that his son already admitted too, is perfectly acceptable and should be embraced by all parties globally.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hey AB, I have a lot of respect for you and have read your posts on several similar topics. I find you to be extremely well informed, and a venerable presenter of facts. I have to agree with your assessment here as well, in that we should at least stick with it long enough to determine whether there is any truth to the allegations. The doubt this incident alone has cast on the integrity of our electoral system is a problem I feel affects all of us, and of course we all have a real interest in seeing it can't happen/doesn't happen again.

I suppose that I was buying into that same line of belief, which is impossible to know since the results/evidence has not been released publically. It is very hard to break out of the partisan beliefs we have all imposed on ourselves (sometimes even without realizing it!). This is something I have been working hard to do, confronting my own biases on many issues like gun control and election interference. With firearms (I carry one daily) it has been especially difficult, but I have actually learned a lot and spoken with some really great people I might not have ever had the chance to even meet otherwise.

How can I ask others to consider my opinion if I won't do the same for others? I really hope we can return to the times when all "sides" were able to govern together in the interest of the entire country and to live up to our leadership role in the global community.

In any case, thank you for the civil and intelligent discourse!

Your friend,

JB

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Speaking in generalities.
Do you know who really, REALLY wants to see an end to investigations and inquiries? It's usually the guilty party making the most noise about how it's a waste.

Now, I'm not saying that Trump did anything illegal or not. But we owe it to ourselves as a nation to investigate any potential wrongdoing affecting our government/elections as fully as possible. I don't care if this takes 30 years and he's cleared. As long as it was as thorough as possible, then I can rest easy knowing the job was done.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Trump. But I'm even less of a fan of our government being manipulated by any outside influence.

I don't care if Trump won, Hillary won or f'n Kermit the Frog pulled off an upset. Any suspicion of this nature should be investigated to the fullest extent possible.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Like I said, this investigation is not about national security. It's about curiosity.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

It is not and never was that. What issues with the last administration? Which is starting to look like Camelot compared to the evil emperor we have now.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm certain that we're looking for truth and clarity and evidence just like you. Not the longer the better...the more thorough the investigation the better.
edit on 10162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Of course you don't want to get to the bottom of this. You're afraid of what will be discovered.

The rest of us don't care. We want answers. Hey you may get lucky and they don't find anything. Lol. Maybe...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What hypocritical *sses that they would chant “lock her up” but not a sh*t given for an FBI investigation into Russian collusion that has already turned up so much evidence. They’ve never taken it seriously even for a second— not even when all U.S. Intel Community backed the conclusion that Russia interfered.

This is why no one cares about Trump supporters b*tching. They got no integrity. They’re about as level headed and reasonable as any extremist group.
edit on 16-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join