It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expensive Mueller Witch-Hunt Should Conclude By Halloween.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

trumps lawyer made a request that trump be interrogated sooner rather than later and he said before thanksgiving. Mueller wants to question everybody else before he questions trump. I think someone's penchant for lying is catching up with him. Mueller wants the truth before he questions the liar in chief.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Somebody refresh me... what is the OFFICIAL thing that Special Counsel Mueller (along with his 200 assistants and 13 lawyers) is investigating? Some media outlets say Russia hacking. Others say, Trump-Russia collusion. Still others say, his buddy James Comey's firing by President Trump

It's all the same thing. Those things are all related and Mueller is investigating all of it. So is the FBI don't forget and both houses.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yup.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Somebody refresh me... what is the OFFICIAL thing that Special Counsel Mueller (along with his 200 assistants and 13 lawyers) is investigating? Some media outlets say Russia hacking. Others say, Trump-Russia collusion. Still others say, his buddy James Comey's firing by President Trump

It's all the same thing. Those things are all related and Mueller is investigating all of it. So is the FBI don't forget and both houses.

A lot of resources and burdens on the people involved, and the American taxpayer. The public wants this witch-hunt to end ASAP.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A lot of resources and burdens on the people involved, and the American taxpayer. The public wants this witch-hunt to end ASAP.

Do they? I think it depends on which side ofthe isle they sit. Dems are in no hurry the longer the better.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Maybe we could use some of Trump's weekend vacation money to defray it?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Or even better, shut the witch-hunt down. Cut the taxpayers losses.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Lies? Or as Democrats like to call it, matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

care, there has been several explanations and I too would like a solid answer here.

We should remember that FBI is an intelligence agency, and is largely responsible for counter-intelligence activities and investigations. Because Russia's alleged activities fall within the scope of "typical intelligence collection/sabotage/subversion techniques" it is not unreasonable to believe he may be conducting a counter-intelligence investigation.

This would explain the lack of evidence/public information, and also why everything has been kept so hush-hush. It is also very possible the MSM would spin this standard counter-intelligence investigation to look as if Trump or his associates were the subject of a criminal investigation - and not a counter-intelligence investigation as I suspect.

I'd like to point out that mine is a personal theory, based on empirical and anecdotal evidence. Most importantly, my assessment is also based on their lack of any substantial evidence (excluding innuendo and rumor) as well as their lack of disclosure regarding the inquiry. Once again, this is only a personal theory based on my own analysis.

This is the mud-pit, right?

Regardless, I believe the matter has been going on long enough to have either yielded results or not. If nothing has been "uncovered," then I say it should go. If it has uncovered some type of evidence, it should come out and say so in order to justify its continued activities/existence. The taxpayers should not be funding a witch-hunt. OTOH, if it is a valid CI investigation (or even criminal investigation), then I would support continuing it (providing some hard evidence existed).

JB

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

JBurns, your personal theory makes a lot of sense, and is hopefully what Mueller is doing, with the help of +200 assistants and 13 attorneys.

Like this commentator said (to the displeasure of his CNN host), if something major had been found against the President, or his family, or close associates, it would have leaked out by now...even with chief-leaker Comey out of the loop.

edit on 10/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

True. And keep in mind because Trump is not a politician when he run for president, IC has been checking him out since June 2015 when he started running.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

You know I was going to rub it into some when its finally over. I wont when it comes and goes like everything else.

We didnt say "I told you so" when 2012 came and went. I wont now.

It really needs to stop though
edit on 10 15 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Or even better, shut the witch-hunt down. Cut the taxpayers losses.

There are VERY strong reasons to allow the investigation. If you don't see them, then try digging deeper. manafort was up to his eyeballs in financial issues/debt with a Putin allied Oligarch, for starters. Manafort was compromised, in other words. He's a very shady guy. That is one tiny thread in this investigation. Mueller has said Manafort should expect indictments. Link

There are many people and incidents being actively investigated besides Manafort. It is not nothing, I can tell you that.

Have patience. It will yield valuable fruit.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Did they investigate Obama for being a Kenyan operative? Did they investigate any other president for being a foreign operative? Trump gets this treatment because he's not a politician. And this is blatant discrimination against people who are not politicians.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

AB, without a doubt I agree Manafort likely had some shady connections and dealings. I just question whether or not any of those dealings actually constitute a violation of any existing laws. Of course connections to Russian oligarchs or Putin himself is not a crime, whereas illegal business dealings certainly would be.

Either way, I'd like to see if the matter has yielded any serious evidence in order to determine if the probe is financially worthwhile to maintain. There is certainly the possibility that some wrongdoing occurred, and that should be prosecuted through standard legal channels (grand jury indictments, criminal charges etc). Because of the search warrant executed against Manafort, I have to believe there is at least probable cause to suspect such illegal activity occurred. In this instance, the Government should make its case to a grand jury and proceed in that fashion.

As far as the President is concerned, I can't see a justification to continue an investigation because the allegations against the President do not constitute illegal activity. The word "collusion" is thrown around a lot, but as far as I know it only applies to anti-trust laws. I think "treason" has also been used, but it wouldn't apply since there is no declared war against the Russian Federation.

edit on 10/15/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

a reply to: JBurns

JBurns, your personal theory makes a lot of sense, and is hopefully what Mueller is doing, with the help of +200 assistants and 13 attorneys.

Like this commentator said (to the displeasure of his CNN host), if something major had been found against the President, or his family, or close associates, it would have leaked out by now...even with chief-leaker Comey out of the loop.

So true
our Government has shown an inability to keep anything of importance a secret. I remember reading about "ECHELON" and other black projects at ATS (and other places) well before they were mainstream news.

Because Taxpayers are funding this endeavor, it is important that all aspects of government maintain accountability and oversight

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The one in power is not the president. The one in power is Congress. Congress can make any sanction on Russia. Congress can declare war on Russia. The president can do nothing. The president is below Congress.

Even if Trump is a Russian operative, he can do nothing. This investigation is not about national security. This investigation is only about curiosity. Curiosity killed the cat.
edit on 15-10-2017 by themold because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: themold
The one in power is not the president. The one in power is Congress. Congress can make any sanction on Russia. Congress can declare war on Russia. The president can do nothing. The president is below Congress.

Congress has not done any of those things. And they can't suddenly do them now and expect laws to be retroactively applied. No state of war existed at the time these actions were allegedly taken, so that status is the standard by which any activity can be judged.

The President cannot declare war technically, true. However, the President can initiate military action and sustain such action for 90 days. I am sure any target of such military action would not be very pleased, and declare war on us instead. Self-defense is a specific exemption to the clause of CINC military action w/o congressional action.

For example, if a nuclear attack is incoming the President does not have to get approval from congress to launch massive retaliatory strikes (or even notify them for that matter).

The POTUS is not below congress. In fact, separate but equal ensures no branch is superior or "in charge" of the other. The Executive is a distinct entity (with broad powers, especially in areas of national security/defense), as is the Judiciary & Legislative.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
They are probably a tad paranoid. If Trump really is a Russian operative, America would probably have been nuked by now while he is onboard Air Force One to Moscow.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: themold

The FBI and U.S. law enforcement agencies investigate suspected violations of Federal law. Taxpayers aren't funding them to investigate matters out of curiosity, political vendetta, or any other reason than Federal law enforcement.

A law enforcement entity only has jurisdiction to investigate violations of law. A local police officer cannot investigate the mayor his town because he suspects the mayor is having an affair with their secretary. Although this information may be salacious, and even of public interest, it does not fall within that officer's jurisdiction. This is solely because such activity is not a violation of the law.

If the reasons for the investigation stated by MSM are true (I don't know why they would be, MSM rarely tells the whole truth), then the investigation has no business continuing. By their own phrases and terminology, no law has been broken. If they're wrong regarding their terminology (ie: collusion, treason) then they should say so and pursue actual violations of U.S. law.

Spending public money on political witch hunts or matters of curiosity is not an appropriate use of my (or anyone else's) funding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join