It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expensive Mueller Witch-Hunt Should Conclude By Halloween.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Friday, October 13, 2017

That's my assumption, because he's now interviewing, or threatening, or bribing, former and current members of the Trump administration, so he should be reaching the end of the line. Plus, Mueller doesn't want the public to know how much he's spending, until October 31st...Trick-or-Treat.
SOURCE: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Today...former White House Chief of Staff, REINCE PRIEBUS, was interviewed by head witch-hunter, Robert Mueller.

Reince Priebus, President Trump's former White House chief of staff, was interviewed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team Friday as part of the probe into Russia’s alleged attempt to meddle in the 2016 election, his lawyer said.

Mueller, who is investigating the firing of former FBI director James Comey, and other actions of the Trump administration, has signaled that his team intends to interview multiple current and former White House officials in the coming weeks and has requested large batches of documents from the executive branch.
SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

Somebody refresh me... what is the OFFICIAL thing that Special Counsel Mueller (along with his 200 assistants and 13 lawyers) is investigating? Some media outlets say Russia hacking. Others say, Trump-Russia collusion. Still others say, his buddy James Comey's firing by President Trump.

-CareWeMust

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If there had been anything there I am sure he would have found it by now.

At this point he is just milking the tax payers.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Liberals are hitting Twitter tonight, expecting (hoping) that "incriminating" leaks from Priebus's testimony start surfacing over the weekend.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think that it is very important to investigate whether or not Trump or his team had anything to do with Russian interference in the election. Even if they did not, it is also still important to investigate exactly how Russia interfered in our election - that they did is a fact, and they are likely to show their faces again next election.

It is also important to decide whether or not Trump obstructed justice by firing Comey. Seeing as Trump himself told reporters that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation, it is certainly possible that this was obstruction of justice.

As for the O.P., it has little information about the investigation, only speculation. Therefore, I did a bit of research. I found that the investigation in investigating the following topics:

1) Russian election interference
2) Links between Trump associates and Russian officials
3) Alleged collusion between Trump's campaign and Russian agents
4) Obstruction of justice
5) Financial investigations
6) Flynn activities

Wikipedia

The O.P. seems certain (based on no evidence) that the investigation will be over by October 31st. That seems unlikely.

This chart shows how long previous, similar investigations have taken in the past. The average is 1,154 days - or over 3 years. This is because they are complicated and thorough.

Even so, there could be indictments or prosecutions well in advance of the end of the investigation.

How Long will the Special Counsel's Investigation of Russia Take? Possibly Years - The Washington Post

I am assuming that once the budget gets revealed at the end of October, there will be a lot of conservatives using it as an excuse to end the investigation - regardless of how important it is to our country.

edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 22:29:55 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 22:30:26 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 22:32:17 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 22:34:30 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There is no investigation going on.

You are watching a show.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Or maybe he is simply competent and wishes to gather all the information before casting any accusations. Or he could be a thorough individual who wants to finish the job he was assigned.

I guess we'll know soon, I can't wait to find out.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's always been a big distraction from the REAL issues with the last administrations.

I'm amazed America is at a point that we can conceivably flush the swamp.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I highly doubt Trump will be impeached by Halloween. This will take at least another year.

It'll probably happen right around mid-terms.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Funny how many of those took place during a certain Presidential Candidates Husbands' time in office? Just saying that since a Special Prosecutor can also dive into any and all things that correspond with what they are investigating (I.E. obstruction of justice and financial influence by outside agencies on the candidates)

I have the feeling this investigation is going to take a very long time, unless somebody/ies crack and spill the beans in a way that is very public (you know incase they get "robbed" after or while on their way to talk to a special prosecutor)

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

You made a good point about Bill. I also feel like the investigation is going to take a long time. I am looking forward to finding out the results, whatever they are, and I hope the investigation isn't sabotaged or shut down before it is done.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
It's always been a big distraction from the REAL issues with the last administrations.

I'm amazed America is at a point that we can conceivably flush the swamp.

We are no where near it. We have lobbyists in charge of government agencies. We have a coastal elite in charge of it all.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
I highly doubt Trump will be impeached by Halloween. This will take at least another year.

You do realize mueller cant impeach the president dont you? That power is held by the house and requires 23 vote. Do you really think you could get that many votes? Al green has all ready submitted articles forimpeachment guess what went no where.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Dudemo5

You do realize mueller cant impeach the president dont you?

Why no, good sir. I thought only two people could impeach the president: Mueller and some guy who lives on fifth and main named Gordy Tucker. Gordy works for the garbage collection company and comes home every night with rotten filth on his hands and smells of shart. His wife sprays him with Febreeze and then he smells like shart and flowery bugspray.

I mean, I thought all of this was clear from my last post.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

More like if he had found something he'd have LEAKED it by now.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Nothing yet. Now if there was any pertinent details, I'm highly confident they would have been leaked.

Go fish.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
IMO, the Special Counsel's purpose is to have an investigation running that can be used during elections as propaganda.
That's about it.
edit on 14/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday. I was hoping someone would post it. I didn't think it was worthy of it's own thread.

19 GOP Congressmen Call For Mueller Hearings

The article is short, so I am posting the entire thing.

Nineteen Republican congressmen signed on to a letter sent out Friday requesting congressional hearings to keep special counsel Robert Mueller and his team of lawyers accountable.

“This team has sweeping authority and an open-ended mission, yet they are allowed to operate largely in secret, selected by and ultimately accountable to only one person: Mr. Mueller himself,” the letter sent to House Judiciary Committee chairman Bob Goodlatte and Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley states.

Texas Republican Rep. Brian Babin started asking his colleagues to sign the letter in August. The congressmen who signed on include: Iowa Rep. Steve King, Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, California Rep. Duncan Hunter, and Virginia Rep. Dave Brat.

“With numerous reports emerging almost every day on possible conflicts of interest and allegations of political bias, it would be in the interest of both the public and the Special Counsel team to speak to the American people through their elected representatives in Congress,” the letter continues on to say. “Accordingly, we respectfully request that one of broth of the Judiciary Committees immediately convene a public and open hearing or series of hearings to bring Mr. Mueller and his team out of the shadows and into the public square.”

Mueller’s investigation has broad authority. He is authorized to investigate any coordination or links between the Russian government and the Trump campaign; charges such as perjury, obstruction of justice, intimidation of witnesses and destruction of evidence and any matters that “arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

The former FBI director, a registered Republican, has hired 17 attorneys, nine of which have given around $65,000 in political donations to Democratic candidates.

President Trump has previously criticized these hires.

“I can say that the people that have been hired are all Hillary Clinton supporters,” Trump told Fox News. “Some of them worked for Hillary Clinton. I mean the whole thing is ridiculous, if you want to know the truth, from that standpoint.”

Here is a link to the Document filed.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Benghazi. The investigation lasted two years.

Yet you want the investigation of a direct attack on our elections and possible assistance in that attack by Team Trump, as well as the financial motivations and reasons for the alleged assistance to be zipped up in a few months?

That's not how this works. As uncomfortable as it might be to critics of the investigation, if there is any justice in the United States, the investigation should continue until either Team Trump is cleared or indictments are handed down to the relevant parties. It is complex.

If he's guilty of colluding with a foreign power to get elected for which he owes that foreign power and is able to be manipulated by that foreign power, don't you think that is the least bit wrong?

What level of wrongdoing would convince you that criminal behavior or even counter intelligence (ie working against the US by the now President and his cabinet) do you need? Does Trump need to shoot someone on national TV on 5th Avenue, or would that be brushed aside as well?

Sigh.
edit on 14-10-2017 by AboveBoard because: air not is

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Thankfully we have democrats to explain why we were wrong in voting for Trump...

It couldn’t be because Hillary sucks...it must’ve been Russia...

Anyhow, cry me a river liberals.

-Chris

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think this should wrap up around 2021. Trump will have served his term, a new president will have emerged, and the investigation will have sucked up money and resources to prove that our system of government is flawed, Russia used facebook to hack the minds of the gullible, Trump is kind of a dick, the Clintons are a crime syndicate, and no charges will be filed, due to lack of "intent".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join