It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood and Witch Hunts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Any form of sexual harassment or sexual assault is absolutely despicable and is a true sign of something sincerely wrong with the guilty party.

But what truly concerns me, is the rising tides of a potential witch hunt.

As things stand, I do not believe for a single moment that Harvey Weinstein, or Bill Cosby for that matter could possibly get a fair trial.

What concerns me the most, is lack of actual proof. I have no doubt that either are actually guilty. However, just as with free speech, they deserve the same rights anyone else does. So, where are the rape kits? Where is the video, audio, or eyewitness testimony?

Without these things, it is strictly a "they said this, those over there said that" situation.

It is really quite simple. Without evidence, there is no guilt. It sucks big time. But, we cannot allow emotion to rule in this.

Instead....if you face any sort of harassment or assault as these women and men have.... frakking say something. Get a rape kit. Get proof.

And hold their feet to the damned fire.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I once read somewhere in a thread about how Howard Hughes tried to make a movie about the problems in Hollywood but got shut down.

He only survived because he was powerful in his own right.
edit on 10/13/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Get proof.

The NYC police did....

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You realize Rose McGowan, one of the victims, did sue him from a 1997 cause of abuse? She's bound by a non disclosure agreement after the fact but has alluded to him having raped her on social media.

Asia Argento, sadly felt responsible.

And so I felt responsible." It included audio of a police wiretap of another encounter with Weinstein, in which he attempted to coerce a model into entering his hotel room. The report also included testimony from Oscar winner Mira Sorvino and actress Rosanna Arquette, both of whom say they felt they were blocked from obtaining work as actresses because they had rejected Weinstein.
Source

Sure he might be a fall guy for a bigger abuse ring in Hollywood but hes by far not innocent.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
Any form of sexual harassment or sexual assault is absolutely despicable and is a true sign of something sincerely wrong with the guilty party.

But what truly concerns me, is the rising tides of a potential witch hunt.

As things stand, I do not believe for a single moment that Harvey Weinstein, or Bill Cosby for that matter could possibly get a fair trial.

What concerns me the most, is lack of actual proof. I have no doubt that either are actually guilty. However, just as with free speech, they deserve the same rights anyone else does. So, where are the rape kits? Where is the video, audio, or eyewitness testimony?

Without these things, it is strictly a "they said this, those over there said that" situation.

It is really quite simple. Without evidence, there is no guilt. It sucks big time. But, we cannot allow emotion to rule in this.

Instead....if you face any sort of harassment or assault as these women and men have.... frakking say something. Get a rape kit. Get proof.

And hold their feet to the damned fire.

If there was a clear and defined agreement of what sexual harassment was. . .
Unfortunately, there is no agreement to define sexual harassment, but there are laws governing it?
That is where the difficulty lays.

Title 9 in higher education is another problem, as it provides protections without definition.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

If there's no evidence, prosecutors will likely not go to trial. And they'll be cleaned out by civil suits.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
You realize Rose McGowan, one of the victims, did sue him from a 1997 cause of abuse? She's bound by a non disclosure agreement after the fact but has alluded to him having raped her on social media.

Asia Argento, sadly felt responsible.

And so I felt responsible." It included audio of a police wiretap of another encounter with Weinstein, in which he attempted to coerce a model into entering his hotel room. The report also included testimony from Oscar winner Mira Sorvino and actress Rosanna Arquette, both of whom say they felt they were blocked from obtaining work as actresses because they had rejected Weinstein.
Source

Sure he might be a fall guy for a bigger abuse ring in Hollywood but hes by far not innocent.

By law she cannot disclose what was in the non-disclose agreement, or risks lawsuits from the other party.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
the part that sickens me is hearing all these celebs talk about it like this was common knowledge in hollywood for years and each is trying to put more blame on another cause of some lesser of 2 evils argument. its just crazy and shows how screwed up that whole industry is. yet people will still adore some celeb cause of some fantasy created through pr agents and the media.
edit on 13-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You know what folks.... a fair number of you have already proven my fears.

I've got marshmallows and sticks. Now it's only a matter of time for the bonfires to be lit.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

There is a recent audio tape that may be presented in a suit from an Italian model. I don't remember her name. He grabbed her right in the pussy.
edit on 14-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Don't you mean 'by the pussy? By the power invested in him?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Something Strange Is Happening To Hollywood

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

edit on 10142017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 10142017 by frenchfries because: already said by other member

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I don't know about potential witch hunt,seems the people have been in the spotlight for quite a few years,now it seems all these liberal Hollywood types are turning on each other,which is nothing new,like that Spacey guy,trying to deflect from his rape by saying he is gay,so in his eyes that justify's his actions?no shame to a liberal if there is any blame,blame someone else

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I don't know about potential witch hunt,seems the people have been in the spotlight for quite a few years,now it seems all these liberal Hollywood types are turning on each other,which is nothing new,like that Spacey guy,trying to deflect from his rape by saying he is gay,so in his eyes that justify's his actions?no shame to a liberal if there is any blame,blame someone else

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

If Cosby couldn't get a fair trial he would have been convicted his first time around instead of a mistrial.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Witchhunts are a real problem, especially in a world which has Twitter, but they are being launched in all directions. Not just Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
To rape someone and have them bound to a NDA?

What a peachy #ing world.

join