It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LVMPD 10/13 update, Sheriff sounds like he's giving clues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: pheonix358

The primary question remains, why wait 60 minutes before assaulting the room on the 32nd floor.

For the same reason fire and rescue workers are on stand down until the area is cleared and secured. There were other people on the floor, it was an active situation that at the moment wasn't active. I seriously doubt had the shooting resumed that the police wouldn't have engaged.

BS. Fire and rescue are not armed nor are they trained for this.

This is what Police are trained for.

What if in 30 minutes, he opened up again?

They knew he was already dead.

The timeline reeks.

P

Has there even been a formal charge against him yet? Why would this be taking so long?

I've seen several media sources still referring to Paddock as "Suspected Shooter". Maybe that's why the Sheriff feels that he needs to "calm the public". They've never said for sure that Paddock, and only Paddock, was responsible for the carnage.
edit on 10/13/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Uh, Paddock is dead.

Dead people are generally not charged with crimes.

Them being dead makes it difficult for them to appear in court.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

You have taken "different sources" out of context. He is referencing "we still stand by that time, and that was done by the combination of different sources.....". It refers to the timeline and nothing even suggest he is hinting of a 2nd shooter. Miss-direction on your part much here.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Uh, Paddock is dead.

Dead people are generally not charged with crimes.

Them being dead makes it difficult for them to appear in court.

Ok, point taken. But in cases such as this when the public needs closure isn't there some precedent to officially put the blame on someone (s)?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

As far as I know, Paddock is being held accountable for the murders.

Calling him the "suspect" isn't anything out of the norm from a law enforcement perspective.

I mean calling him the "shooter" would probably be more appropriate.

That said, law enforcement uses the term suspect on a regular basis, so I don't think Paddock being called it is anything that should raise a flag.
edit on 13-10-2017 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I will admit, calling him the suspected shooter is a little odd.

Maybe they don't want to call him the official shooter until the investigation is officially complete.

Not sure about that one.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
According to the Police Scanner audios I've listened to, one thing seems to have been completely forgotten about (along with many others) and that is it says on one scanner audio the following

11:18 NYNY shooter is heading to the Excalibur. (New York New York hotel)
1:34 Metro police press conference: 2 suspects dead/1 detained. One POC.

(The above is from the brother of a survivor who posted the full transcript on Reddit

So what happened to the detained suspect and who were the 2 dead suspects?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

You have taken "different sources" out of context. He is referencing "we still stand by that time, and that was done by the combination of different sources.....". It refers to the timeline and nothing even suggest he is hinting of a 2nd shooter. Miss-direction on your part much here.

If you see in my later post, the Vegas Police Youtube channel, the LVMPD says out loud in their body cam footage, "THEY are shooting at us" and gives a radio location of NORTH of the Mandalay Bay hotel and that is the Luxor. You really think police officers can't tell between 1 gunfire, and 2 gunfire, 3, 4, or 5? So with that previous evidence (the body cam LVMPD youtube footage) I believe the sheriff is saying something in between the lines.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I find myself unable to watch the entire video. The emotions coming off that man are too intense...makes me feel physically sick. However, I saw all I needed to within the first couple of seconds.

That man is scared shltless. He is experiencing such a high level of anxiety that he cannot hold still for even a few seconds. He doesn't want to look up, because his mind is trying to deny the words coming from his mouth. In fact, his eyes keep closing...you can see him forcing them back open.

He is also angry. At whomever is forcing him to do this, and also at himself for being too afraid to defy them. Whatever they threatened this man with, it was significant. He wants to tell the truth, but they've got him and he knows it...and it is ripping him apart emotionally. He actually gags a couple of times. Choking on the lies he's being forced to tell.

I think it is a tremendous stretch to say he's sending veiled messages with his words. He wouldn't dare try. Look how closely he's being watched. However, he is sending plenty of messages with his body.

Look at his hands. They're all over the place. Quite literally grasping for something, anything, to anchor him. To say that his world has been rocked would be a gross understatement. He is drowning. Going under. And there is no one to help him.

Fear, anger, anguish, shame, hopelessness...all of those emotions are present. He is backed up against a wall, because he fully believes whatever threats were made to him if he refuses to comply will be carried out. It doesn't matter if they actually intend to do it. He believes that they will.

I'm not going to go into my personal opinion of what transpired that night...there are plenty of threads going that address that already. However, I will say unequivocally that based on his body language alone, this man is definitely lying and definitely under duress. The emotions spilling out of him only make that more obvious to me. This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever watched, and believe me, I have seen some pretty damned disturbing things in my life.

Bingo

Took the words right out of my mouth. If it was a clear cut lone wolf copycat attack, it would be a clear cut lone wolf copycat attack.
edit on 13-10-2017 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

As far as I know, Paddock is being held accountable for the murders.

Calling him the "suspect" isn't anything out of the norm from a law enforcement perspective.

I mean calling him the "shooter" would probably be more appropriate.

That said, law enforcement uses the term suspect on a regular basis, so I don't think Paddock being called it is anything that should raise a flag.

I agree. Suspect is a fitting term at this point in the investigation if you do not want to point the finger just yet.

But what will pointing the finger really mean? What kind of best possible closure could we get out of the investigation?

If Paddock is the guy who really did it and truly offer himself, then he gets the last laugh.

It's sickening.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
He said twice that he was going to read us a "narrative." Is that odd, for a sheriff to refer to what happened as a "narrative?"

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I find myself unable to watch the entire video. The emotions coming off that man are too intense...makes me feel physically sick. However, I saw all I needed to within the first couple of seconds.

That man is scared shltless. He is experiencing such a high level of anxiety that he cannot hold still for even a few seconds. He doesn't want to look up, because his mind is trying to deny the words coming from his mouth. In fact, his eyes keep closing...you can see him forcing them back open.

He is also angry. At whomever is forcing him to do this, and also at himself for being too afraid to defy them. Whatever they threatened this man with, it was significant. He wants to tell the truth, but they've got him and he knows it...and it is ripping him apart emotionally. He actually gags a couple of times. Choking on the lies he's being forced to tell.

I think it is a tremendous stretch to say he's sending veiled messages with his words. He wouldn't dare try. Look how closely he's being watched. However, he is sending plenty of messages with his body.

Look at his hands. They're all over the place. Quite literally grasping for something, anything, to anchor him. To say that his world has been rocked would be a gross understatement. He is drowning. Going under. And there is no one to help him.

Fear, anger, anguish, shame, hopelessness...all of those emotions are present. He is backed up against a wall, because he fully believes whatever threats were made to him if he refuses to comply will be carried out. It doesn't matter if they actually intend to do it. He believes that they will.

I'm not going to go into my personal opinion of what transpired that night...there are plenty of threads going that address that already. However, I will say unequivocally that based on his body language alone, this man is definitely lying and definitely under duress. The emotions spilling out of him only make that more obvious to me. This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever watched, and believe me, I have seen some pretty damned disturbing things in my life.

I noticed exactly the same. That "fbi" agent, was watching the sherrif, and he would rip him from the mic, the second he would deviate from the script. He is there to make sure, not a word comes out, that aint scripted.

This man, is a special kind of person. He knows how to convey terror in it's purest form, because of his extensive experience in the field. Intimidation is his job, it is written all over his stature and in his eyes. I even doubt if he's actually fbi in the first place. He has another license entirely.
edit on 14-10-2017 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
@ 11:25 he takes a very deep breath, "22:05 references the majority of fire, upon our community, we still stand by that time, and that was done by the combination of different sources.....(that I listed for you earlier) "

It sounds like he snuck in confirmation of multiple shooters in his statement, i.e. "different sources".

No, different sources of information, the ones he listed before: security logs, video cameras, etc.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Correction: the shooter wasn't dead......Paddock was dead, and probably BEFORE the shooting began.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Exactly. And we wouldn't be sitting here two weeks later with more questions than answers.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

I agree. The level of intensity with which he's watching him is beyond the pale. I noticed it immediately, and pointed it out to my brother. It feels deliberate too, an intimidation tactic: Here, we'll just put this guy a couple feet away to watch and make sure the sheriff doesn't 'forget' any of his his lines. Like that. Which of course only causes the man more distress and makes it harder for him to mask his emotions. That individual was nothing more than a living, breathing reminder of the threat. Absolutely.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

if you play it at .75 speed you here the guy on the radio say a t first it's kinda garbled then mandalay bay window.
as i recall mandalay bay is on the south west at the end of the strip, so why would the guy on the radio say north of the mandalay window. oh that's right the shooters room was on the north end of the mandalay.

the two thing that north of mandalay bay is mandalay rd and the luxor, and i don't seem to remember calls about shooters at the luxor. i do seem to remember that the next day reports of a bomb threat.
edit on 14-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

didn't it use to be prep /perpetrator? but somewhere back in time, i suspect that suspect became the PC norm.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
didn't it use to be prep /perpetrator? but somewhere back in time, i suspect that suspect became the PC norm.

Perpetrator is the same thing as, in this case, shooter. If it's not established that he was the shooter then it's not established that he was the perpetrator, so suspect is the right word.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

actually my post was suppose to be a joke, that's the reason i said i suspect that suspect was the pc norm. back in the day it was not unusual for cops to call people preps before it was established they actually committed the crime. lots of people didn't like that. i guess that i need to work some more on how to write humorously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join