It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left’s Sirens Are Already Hinting Our Culture Wars Will End In Another Civil War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: infolurker

Are you arguing that America wasn't built in some great part on racial oppression, subjugation and genocide? I mean seriously?

Wtf do you think all the natives went? They'd didn't sell us all this land and retire to greener pastures. Those millions of Africans people imported for forced labor weren't volunteers working to Make America Great Again.

Jesus. If this article is to be believed, conservatism is about radical denial. Extreme willful ignorance.

Coates has attained near god-like status among progressives

I'll bet that if you pulled 100 people off the street who self-describe as liberal/progressive or left-leaning, only 2 or 3 of them will know who Ta-Nehisi Coates is. This tripe is what informs your opinions? Good grief.

Internet: Mainstream Media, Meeting with the President a couple of times leads me to believe he has some clout and recognition.

www.nytimes.com...

Amazingly, despite his near godlike status within white liberal circles, in the collection’s finest essay, “The Case for Reparations,” originally published in The Atlantic in 2014, Mr. Coates worries that “today, progressives are loath to invoke white supremacy as an explanation for anything.” It is a jaw-dropping sentence if you take even a moment to consider the current discourse in progressive circles.

nymag.com...

The first time Coates met the president, at an off-the-record White House conversation with liberal opinion writers in 2013, he left disappointed in himself. “Everyone was too deferential, and I was too deferential, too,” he said. The second time, a few months later, he was determined to do better.

edit on 13-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is fear-mongering, I see no legitimate evidence that the left is planning a civil war.

If you are concerned about the culture gap between the left and right, look no further than the various right-wing news outlets online and even on the television and radio that make up facts and sensationalize stories in order to radicalize conservatives. Russia even took advantage of this, hiring bloggers to make legitimately fake news stories about Hillary Clinton and many other things that were later reported and amplified by right-wing media outlets online. Even after being presented with the facts that these stories were made up by Russia, many conservatives are in denial and continue to think that they are true and that Russia had no involvement.

What about the conservatives who join "militias" that are even better armed than state police? Even this thread is fear-mongering as if to provoke conservatives to start a civil war pre-emptively because they are deluded into thinking the left wants one.
edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 20:13:13 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13pmFri, 13 Oct 2017 20:17:08 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you arguing that America wasn't built in some great part on racial oppression, subjugation and genocide? I mean seriously?

Can you name a great country that wasn't built on some sort of oppression?

Wtf do you think all the natives went? They'd didn't sell us all this land and retire to greener pastures. Those millions of Africans people imported for forced labor weren't volunteers working to Make America Great Again.

You think that is what he means when he says MAGA? No wonder you hate him. He is talking about the American Spirit that also helped build America. The people of America has learned from their mistakes and shall not travel down that road any longer. The division is coming from both sides.

Jesus. If this article is to be believed, conservatism is about radical denial. Extreme willful ignorance.

Really? I think denial that Trump was going to be President is what put the liberally convicted mental process in the state of affairs it is in now.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

This article was based off the words of a left-wing radical. Te-Nahisi Coates is someone who is pretty darn mainstream in terms of political authors. By that, I mean he is widely known.

He's the one who is alluding to revolutionary/civil war-style thought or means as a way to rectify what he thinks of as the horrible mistake of the country.

It is not fear of civil war that the article was written but simply the same thing that someone does when they point out the poisonous thread that runs through radical environmentalism that seems to advocate for the mass killing of so-called denialists. You say, "Look. It's there. It exists. People who fuel these trends tend toward this mindset."

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
This is fear-mongering, I see no legitimate evidence that the left is planning a civil war.

If you are concerned about the culture gap between the left and right, look no further than the various right-wing news outlets online and even on the television and radio that make up facts and sensationalize stories in order to radicalize conservatives. Russia even took advantage of this, hiring bloggers to make legitimately fake news stories about Hillary Clinton and many other things that were later reported and amplified by right-wing media outlets online.

What about the conservatives who join "militias" that are even better armed than state police? Even this thread is fear-mongering as if to provoke conservatives to start a civil war pre-emptively because they are deluded into thinking the left wants one.
Blah Blah Blah, quick to point the finger, deluded and wrong as always.

Stick to Anime.

Never mind the liberal left wing media that calls for the assasination of our President and oh, the play, Et Tu?. Yes, subvert and direct the seeds into the ignorance of the leftist mindset, course according to you, no lefty is guilty.

edit on 13-10-2017 by Arnie123 because: Needs to be said.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2017 by Arnie123 because: Dbl

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
We have an awfully good country when compared to others around the world.

I know I am happy to live here.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This here, agreed.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: theantediluvian

Can you name a great country that wasn't built on some sort of oppression?

You think that is what he means when he says MAGA? No wonder you hate him. He is talking about the American Spirit that also helped build America. The people of America has learned from their mistakes and shall not travel down that road any longer. The division is coming from both sides.

Really? I think denial that Trump was going to be President is what put the liberally convicted mental process in the state of affairs it is in now.

Yes, that is really what many on the Progressive side of the isle think.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

(I won't even quote anything from this HuffPo article as it is so bad)

edit on 13-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Actually people have civil wars when one group or the other try’s to rebel and take over and/or split off..

Something that has no chance of happening..

No rebel faction could beat the US military right or left, period.

There is no north south divide.. it is an urban/rural divide.. AKA no way to build a potential nation..

The only even remote possibility is Terrorists.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I agree. I am very happy to be here and am glad my grandparents made the journey.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I've found that reality is something many leftists are alien to. They sit online, often in echo chambers (reddit, forums, tumblr) and radicalize themselves. They get their news from places like WaPo, HuffPo, and other "leftist rags" that do nothing except promote leftist ideals that "because you disagree with me, you're a racist".

However, I think this all goes far beyond Left Vs Right. This fighting between the two are orchestrated by someone else. I have no clue who, but it's hard for me to think that people are so dumb that they'd let fallacies and lies bring them to raising arms against each other.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Good Luck with that . It would be the Shortest War in American History . They have been Tolerated by the Majority of Americans for Generations , but Sooner or Later they will be Overcome by their Own Ignorance .

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Absolutely :p

I have no idea how so many people fail for the right wing propaganda..

I can’t think of onetslking point that is not a logical fallacy that would get you laughed out of even a high school debate class..

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Everyone always assumes that the military as one monolithic block will always fight on whatever side the government chooses to take and further that the government itself would remain undivided in the face of such a thing.

I think such things are naive considering what happened the last time such a conflict occurred.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: olaru12

Absolutely :p

I have no idea how so many people fail for the right wing propaganda..

I can’t think of onetslking point that is not a logical fallacy that would get you laughed out of even a high school debate class..

What is this word?
edit on 13-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The Lefties don't have the stomach for true civil war. The righties don't have the stomach to carry one through to it's end.

My take is that we'll see some states try to secede probably Commiefornia first and Texas second.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yawn. They want to stage the ultinate psyop, and finally, after a coast to coast geurilla war
shootout, finally establish guns r bad.

Pissed that we won't bite at the war against the puritanical homophobe russians.

Pissed that newtown, and vegas did not convince.

Pissed that we the people know and loathe the media and aren't falling for crucifying Trump.

Guess whose closets will be filled with guns when the dust settles?

Sorry, but I have nothing against my neighbors. Love them to pieces on both sides, over and under.

I do have issue with being robbed by police, politicians, and manipulating globaliss media freaks.

# 892
edit on 13-10-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'll bet that if you pulled 100 people off the street who self-describe as liberal/progressive or left-leaning, only 2 or 3 of them will know who Ta-Nehisi Coates is.

I'd bet it's way lower. Like maybe 1 out of 10,000. Or 100,000.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Agreed. The First Amendment is great.

We have the right to free speech, regardless of how unpopular it might be, or how undesirable the government might find it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join