It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is the 44th anniversary of the Pascagoula alien abduction case.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This case was one of the earlier high profile abduction cases in the U.S. The time frame of the 60's ( Betty and Barney Hill) to the 1970's, this and the Travis Walton abduction was rather active with high profile abductions.

News 25’s Gina Tomlinson sat down with the former deputy who was working the night of October 11th, 1973 when two men claimed they were picked up by a UFO. It’s been 44 years and people are still wondering: is the Pascagoula alien abduction all a hoax or were two fishermen really picked up by a UFO in Jackson County on October 11th, 1973? Retired Jackson County Deputy Glenn Ryder was working the night the call came into dispatch. “That boy was so upset, he was crying. He was scared to death and literally begging Charles not to talk to us.”

Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker told deputies they had been abducted. The two men were then taken to a room where they were questioned and a tape recorder was running. The two men were left alone in the room.

That boy was still crying, saying ‘don’t talk to them Charles. Those people are going to come back and get us. I’m scared. I’m scared.’ And I when I played it, I knew something was wrong.”

The men said they had been fishing on the Pascagoula River when the aliens first appeared.

According to their story, the aliens first appeared above the Pascagoula River while the two men were fishing off a pier in the area. “He said, ‘I felt something funny and I heard this sound and I looked behind me and there was a flying saucier, and one of them picked me up and took us into the ship.’ And he said ‘I was suspended. I was floating.’” Ryder says Hickson claimed three aliens examined him while he was in the space craft with what he described as some kind of eye object. “He said ‘I tried to move. I couldn’t run. I was petrified.’” Ryder says the two men passed lie detectors about the incident. Deputies searched the area for evidence that a spaceship was there and found nothing. “I know something happened. I don’t know what. They had some kind of experience or that boy wouldn’t have cried. There’s no way anyone could act like he was and not be truthful,” said Ryder.

edit on 13pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: spelling

edit on 13pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Want to know something odd? I was working for an industrial cleaner, we blew slag out of power plant furnaces, in 2009. Anyway, we had a job in Pascagoula, Mississippi, and one night after a 10 hour shift, me and my co-worker retired to our motel room.

Now, admittedly, I was exhausted and it had been a long day. I had laid down to go to sleep and I had the strangest "dream" I have ever had; typically I don't remember my dreams, I did this one.

In my "dream," it was like I was being wound in a cocoon of sorts. I could kind of see through this "stretched cotton" like substance I was being wound in. Through this "cocoon" I could see, for the lack of a better word, these beings curiously observing me. I "woke" up screaming with my co-worker telling me that I was dreaming. It was really weird.

It felt so very real, I suppose that's why I say it was a "dream." I still, to this day, am not convinced 100% that's all it was.

edit on 13-10-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One of my favorites! No reason to lie. Hidden tape basically backs up that they believe they're telling the truth. Atypical crazy looking "aliens." The whole bit!

What actually happened and why? Not a clue.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

cool recollection, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
amazing! an truly high strangeness early report of an humanoid!

s+f
oh and happy birthday to a case that way too underrated

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

whoa! did the beings look like the ones in the case?
did you know already of this case back then?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a very good earlier case. their reactions, the taped conversation, the weirdness of the aliens, all make for a compelling narrative. i don't doubt it happened exactly as Parker and Hickson described it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
whoa! did the beings look like the ones in the case?
did you know already of this case back then?

There's another alien encounter case out there where the aliens were described as having either one big leg or what appeared to be two legs locked together in some way. Lobster claws, too. Danged if I can remember it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

I believe it... Back in 1988, my mom and I went down the street to the neighbor's house to get two bales of hay. We lived on the outskirts of a small town with a population of 500. To my recollection over the years ( I was 9 ), when we backed up to the shed to unload the hay, I looked over the treeline which was about 50 yards in front of us, I saw something hovering with red lights. My mom told me to get inside immediately. I could tell by her tone that she was scared and had seen what I saw. I told this story to select people who aren't skeptics, for years. My mom was telling it at a wiener roast a couple of weekends ago. To that day, I thought she'd seen it hovering the treeline. By her account, she never even looked at the treeline when she told me to get inside the house. The way she told it two weeks ago, she'd watched it hover the tree line right beside us for the quarter mile between us and out neighbor that night. She paused and covered her mouth with that concerned sounding inhale when she realized that I couldn't have seen it hovering the treeline as we were going home because I was in the passenger seat. I couldn't see the sky, just the trees because the roof blocked my view. Turns out, this thing followed us from the neighbors and stopped moving when we pulled into our driveway.

Back then, my town was just a small farm town and we had about 4 houses on our entire street. I'll find the picture of the treeline and woods and edit this post with it in a minute.

Here's the long empty road that leads to my road.

I've looked everywhere in my files and can't find the old picture of what it used to look like across the street where I saw this UFO so I'll bring it from home and scan it Monday to show.
edit on 13-10-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

were you able to make out any kind of shape to what you saw, or was it just the red light you mentioned?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
up by me in north east Texas....sumpin goin on in east Texas

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It looked just like the shape of the sand crawler from the original Star Wars. Square, from what I could make out, but slightly wider at the top than the bottom... Eerily silent, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I recall my dad saying he'd seen a UFO in the sky from the road in my picture about 2 months before my mom and I saw what we saw... These small towns seem to get more action than cities. Or used to at least. I'm 28 miles east of Shreveport on the outskirts of a 3 square mile town. I bought a house on the same street I grew up on and man, there are some stories I can tell about paranormal, UFO's, strange sounds that come from the woods behind me. My fiance used to scoff at my stories about a ghost in my house until she got her first firsthand experience. She's had two more since then.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

My hometown. Weirdness happens all over the place out there. Pretty cool to see this old story revisited, though.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is the case which first got me interested in UFOs when I was just a wee lad.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

No, I wasn't very familiar with the case. I certainly didn't know it happened on the Pascagoula river. I am not even from Mississippi, I was just working there at the time for about a week. The company I worked for traveled all over the country.

The creatures I seen had the stereotypical bulbous heads, but there eyes weren't as large as usually reported, and they stood probably about 5'5"

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I live in East Texas... Near Palestine.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

hold on i know what you are talking.
antonio la rubia abduction right here from brazil too!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

well thats a relief but still a weird dream

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

huh now thats something new, i never expected to hear that from you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join