It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK assassination records must be fully declassified by 26 October, 2017.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The National Archives and Records Administration is releasing documents previously withheld in accordance with the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. The vast majority of the Collection (88%) has been open in full and released to the public since the late 1990s. The records at issue are documents previously identified as assassination records, but withheld in full or withheld in part. Learn more This release consists of 3,810 documents, including 441 formerly withheld-in-full documents and 3,369 documents formerly released with portions redacted. The documents originate from FBI and CIA series identified by the Assassination Records Review Board as assassination records. More releases will follow.

Not really sure what to think of all of this. There's not much to go off of other than "everything must be declassified by October 26th of this month"

Will this shed new light? However is it will be neat to see what comes of this, if any.

Who know's.

Personally I feel as if it was an inside job..

Anywho
Link

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Even if it was the CIA, I doubt they would be keeping documents proving it lying around in some archive.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

"They" will simply find some other reason to bury the information for another 75-100 years.

Or don't be surprised if it's been lost by now considering the transition into the digital age in which we live.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Rising against would have been all over this.. rest in peace good buddy. Still missed.

Sorry to go off topic but jfk threads always remind me of my old friend.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They will not release anything useful, anything useful will have magically been lost.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They'll spray paint them black, take Polaroids of that, then run the Polaroids thru a 1960's Xerox machine, then scan that with a document scanner made in 1991, then compress the images into GIF format, then using Adobe Acrobat v1.0 transfer them into PDF's stamped DECLASSIFIED.

edit on 13-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If they had documents that went contrary to their story they surely wouldn't have cataloged them into any official record. The 3 letter agencies lie enough to know how to cover their asses.

Edit: What will be interesting is seeing if we can determine why they were classified in the first place.
edit on 13-10-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
They'll spray paint them black, take Polaroids of that, then run the Polaroids thru a 1960's Xerox machine, then scan that with a document scanner made in 1991, then compress the images into GIF format, then transfer them into PDF's stamped UNCLASSIFIED.

And then release the pdf's on old 5-1/4" floppy disks

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Unless I'm mistaken, the government has already claimed that al the documents they have relating to the case have been "misplaced"...... Like they had everything in a single box in a broom closet somewhere?

They'll never be fully declassified and released

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Rising against would have been all over this.. rest in peace good buddy. Still missed.

Sorry to go off topic but jfk threads always remind me of my old friend.

I still reference that epic thread that was done by him when tasked with dealing with the JFK speech. This place has sure had some gems along the way. I'm glad that work like that will remain around for years and years to come, so others can learn a little about such great people who are no longer here.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Not the important stuff obviously:

Missing from the new JFK files: Batch of CIA records on Lee Harvey Oswald

All of the U.S. government's files on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy are supposed to be released by October 26. But one batch of CIA records on suspected assassin Lee Harvey Oswald has gone missing.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Very difficult how the government by the people is allowed to withhold so much information from their employers. The supposed perp is caught, no legit reason to withhold the information.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Dont wait 6 months for them to come in the mail. They'll have them available online via BBS on a whopping dual node 2400 baud dial up modem.

edit on 13-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
They'll spray paint them black, take Polaroids of that, then run the Polaroids thru a 1960's Xerox machine, then scan that with a document scanner made in 1991, then compress the images into GIF format, then using Adobe Acrobat v1.0 transfer them into PDF's stamped DECLASSIFIED.

You forgot the transcribing of the videos and documents by a blind & deaf octogenarian.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Has it been that long already? Damn, I'm old.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Like they had everything in a single box in a broom closet somewhere?

They had everything in a cardboard box that they were going to release, but then somebody took it to recycling by mistake, thinking it was a bunch of old restaurant menus.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't know how the link function works.

The Threads title: Liberals and Conservatives Call on Trump to Reject JFK Secrecy

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here's a current Salon.com article

www.salon.com...

www.salon.com/2017/10/13/final-jfk-assassination-files-due-for-release_partner/

No news, just a write-up, with a bunch of links.

It happened to be open in another window, so....

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The release of all of the documents also means the release of a lot of redacted documents. Documents with more black space than white. Anything truly upsetting or astonishing will be in those black areas.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Disclosure.

Really?

Of what?

A watered down schmool of even more BS?

I can only wish it were more - but I highly doubt it will bring anything more than, more confusion.

How I wish it were not so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join