It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Heart Warm Hands (MW2017) Non Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
He stood there next to the cliff waiting for what he assumed would be his last breath. Barry was a cold blooded killer and he knew it. He knew it like a fifty foot drop off a hard place, the same drop he'd been to time and time again. But this time it would be his own life instead of some unfortunate other.

The silence was killing him. The dead windless air felt like death.

He didn't have much time left, and watching the seconds pass like tar melting on the roadway didn't help.

Barry was a solid looking guy with a big heart, but only when he wasn't somebody else. His dark dirty blonde hair covered an eye as he contemplated his journey into the abyss that eagerly awaited him on the rocks below.

No Barry don't do it! He looked around him, who's there? He cried. Its me, Joley! Please don't do it! We have too much to live for!

Barry stop! You can't jump man you're my bro. Again, Barry looked around but could see no one. Who are you?? What do you want from me??? I'm your best friend Barry. Its Johnny don't you remember?

Were here to rescue you Barry, please listen cried Joley. I can't sobbed Barry, I've killed dozens of people, I'm a loser, I can't go on..

You can!! Barry don't give up said Charlie, yet another unseen hidden in the shadows. Am I going mad? Said Barry. No! No! No the three voices said in sync.

Charlie: Don't kill us Barry, we're a team.
Johnny: We're a team.
Jolie: Don't kill us Barry.

Barry whipped around coming face to face with invisible three.

Welcome Back Barry they cried with open arms. Barry silently hugged himself, smiled, got into his black stingray, and then, he drove away like a bat outta hell!

Straight off that damn cliff.

The End

thanks!
edit on 13-10-2017 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh that was well done I liked the way you described stuff, the second passing like...pure poetry

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was hoping he would still do it. Good job.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Hey thanks, appreciate that a lot.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

haha I contemplated it for a few seconds.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So, what made him do it? Did he have a conscience by some means like religious conversion or? Were his killings justified.

Fine writing.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Barry was Skitzophrenic so its was pretty hard to tell exactly what he was thinking.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Geez,

this poem i wrote has more significance now than it did back then.

new topics

top topics

join