It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress warned North Korean EMP attack would kill '90% of all Americans'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

A nuclear bomb lets out an EMP when it explodes.
If a large enough EMP is let off over Kansas or that area, it supposedly could shut down the power grid over a vast area.

I do believe that is the idea.
So you only need a very high altitude detonation of a nuclear bomb.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Thermonuclear devices can also be optimized for producing an EMP.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: seasonal

The 90% figure has been batted around for some time now.. It is based off of a year without electricity and no delivery trucks or rail shipments.. I doubt that the US military would be sitting idle during such a crisis for there will be some things that should still work depending on their distance from the most severe effects of the EMP..

Needless to say a real one or two EMPS placed optimally would be a bad day for all in any first world country..

The aftermath of such an event.... we can only guess what would happen.

Wow...how silly....anything Rocketman does equates to suicide....full stop.

The first boomer to free its angels of death after any definative attack on the USA will make NK a memory in totality.....the rest of the USA boomers will still rule the planet.......the USA could roll out a massive rebuilding force from underground EMP proof bunkers.....this is all bupkiss.

Trump warned the NK idiot to back down.....if he doesnt back off now and I dont mean from a Mexican Standoff I hope the USA uses the Rods of God and simply wipes out whever it takes to neuter NK of is nuclear aspirations for 100 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Edumakated

It would be brutal. Wonder what country would try to invade first?

Haven't read the book, but it is on youtube audio book. I will listen to it.

The book actually talks about that... some countries would invade under the pretense of humanitarian assistance. The military would be so pre-occupied that they can't worry or deal with helping individual people/communities.

People generally don't realize how dependent we are on electricity and technology. There is a part in the book where finding old books in a library turns out to be a life saver in teaching some basic skills. Remember, when the power goes out, you just can't "google" how to hunt, farm, etc.

The community dynamics also change. People working corporate jobs, etc find themselves kind of worthless to communities, but farmers, engineers, doctors, nurses, etc become extremely valuable.

The reality is that 90% of the population is not prepared to live without electricity, etc. I saw an article how some of the hardware stores are having to teach Millennials how to use a freaking tape measure. You seriously think some of these people would survive without modern creature comforts?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
90%, eh?

Well that's far-fetched as all hell. Then again, if we really were that dependent on electricity and tech for survival, we'd probably deserve an EMP to "wipe us out". Darwin Awards would be quite busy handing themselves out at breakneck speed.

50% of the US would be dead within 90 days. Estimated 90% within 12 months due to disease, starvation, and violence.

The EMP report to congress covers it in detail. Dysentery would run rampant, no food, no distribution, and 95 % of the population doesn't even have 2 weeks of food for themselves.

www.investors.com...

This is not new... the 90% rate has been consistent since 2012

www.wnd.com...

edit on 12-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Sorry. After Wilma my community went 3 months without power. Nobody killed anyone, and no one died. I found it quite peaceful. Missed the a/c but slept on the porch. Didn't take as long as I thought to get used to the nightly concert put on by the nocturnal critters.

Just last month, went a whole week without power, and I still have no land line because of hurricane Irma.

Living without power is an inconvenience, not a death sentence. It hasn't been that long ago that people lived without electricity and indoor plumbing. It was the foundation that America was built on.

Now imagine if there was no outside help coming, no hope that it would come back on, there was no law enforcement like before and that everywhere else the exact same conditions were the same.

For an idea of how people would be acting in this scenario, the best place to look was how people were behaving those final few days before it hit (the "Headless Chicken Syndrome"). I know it all too well.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is not new... the 90% rate has been consistent since 2012

The figure first came out in a 2008 congressional hearing.
It comes from a book.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Not to mention people that need medications to live, those will run out w no way to replenish them....the elderly, the infirm....

Lots of factors

link   
If NK does that to our people, I hope we blast NK off the face of the earth quickly. Completely destroyed.

link   

Is anyone even considering the refugee crisis it would create? U.S. citizens would be made refugees -- masses of them. Borders would be forced open...if other countries would let us in. (I think they would).

But it would be the perfect goal for globalists.

And no one would suspect that's exactly what Trump wants because he is a globalist *Fabian style* just like his predecessors. Just like his dear, long time friends...the Clintons.

He has convinced most people he is a nationalist...but I doubt that. He would never have been *allowed* to run (and given press coverage) if he was a nationalist.

edit on 10/12/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
OK, so in this scenario I'm expected to believe that NK has launched an ICBM and will detonate it ABOVE some area or city?

I'm supposed to believe that after all of this work to develop an intercontinental delivery system that they wouldn't hit ground?

What are we doing the whole time this missile is in flight? Twiddling our thumbs?

Yeah.

Where are all the boeing's with fricking lazer beams attached to their heads?

edit on 12-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Not to mention people that need medications to live, those will run out w no way to replenish them....the elderly, the infirm....

Lots of factors

A very informative Post:

Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Imagine the problem of keeping your property safe. It would turn into a 24 hour duty, it would have to be a multi family-community effort. That would be just security.

Water a HUGE problem.

Food a HUGE problem.

Heat a HUGE problem.

Sanitation a HUGE problem.

If we lost 100% electric for a year it would be terrible, Biblicaly bad.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

A nuclear bomb lets out an EMP when it explodes.
If a large enough EMP is let off over Kansas or that area, it supposedly could shut down the power grid over a vast area.

I do believe that is the idea.
So you only need a very high altitude detonation of a nuclear bomb.

Well, it's a good thing then that they've been trying to land a nuke here for like the past seven years and still haven't done anything productive.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I work in emergency services and have talked to people who worked on the study and came up with this number. As some have stated already the first to go will be those who rely on daily medications for survival. Hypertension and diabetes will kill lots of people very quickly when they are no longer controlled. Sanitation in large population centers will be a bigger problem than food. Disease will spread rapidly due to lack of clean water. People will sit around waiting for someone to save them. Those things will kill people much faster and in greater numbers than violence.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Sorry. After Wilma my community went 3 months without power. Nobody killed anyone, and no one died. I found it quite peaceful. Missed the a/c but slept on the porch. Didn't take as long as I thought to get used to the nightly concert put on by the nocturnal critters.

Just last month, went a whole week without power, and I still have no land line because of hurricane Irma.

Living without power is an inconvenience, not a death sentence. It hasn't been that long ago that people lived without electricity and indoor plumbing. It was the foundation that America was built on.

Now imagine if there was no outside help coming, no hope that it would come back on, there was no law enforcement like before and that everywhere else the exact same conditions were the same.

For an idea of how people would be acting in this scenario, the best place to look was how people were behaving those final few days before it hit (the "Headless Chicken Syndrome"). I know it all too well.

Exactly. In the EMP scenarios being discussed, there is no one coming for help. No Red Cross. No truck deliveries. No stores open. No law enforcement. NOTHING. You are on your own. The power won't ever be coming back on in the same capacity as before.

Yes, some people could hunt and fish until the areas get fished/hunted dry. Then what?

You also have to remember how many people are traveling. When the SHTF, you will have millions of people no where near home. You are on a business trip half way across the country. You have no phone service. No car. Credit cards don't work. ATM doesn't work. You basically just have the clothes on your back.

A nationwide power outage would be devastating

link   
Certainly North Korea and its 60 atomic bombs, would have a devastating effect on the USA, if they lauched them all, and they made contact.

But according to the Arms Control Association, The USA has 6800 Atomic Bombs....yes 6800!!!

And could easily destroy, North Korea, South Korea, China, Russia, Europe, South East Asia, Africa, the UK, South America, and Antartica....just for fun...

Thank Goodness we Australians are still friends with the US.........Where would you get the good Hollywood actors from??

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Few clues about Las Vegas, underestimating North Korea... what is wrong with our investigative abilities!?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Is anyone even considering the refugee crisis it would create? U.S. citizens would be made refugees -- masses of them. Borders would be forced open...if other countries would let us in. (I think they would).

But it would be the perfect goal for globalists.

And no one would suspect that's exactly what Trump wants because he is a globalist *Fabian style* just like his predecessors. Just like his dear, long time friends...the Clintons.

He has convinced most people he is a nationalist...but I doubt that. He would never have been *allowed* to run (and given press coverage) if he was a nationalist.

The most probable series of events:

During a long term (endgame) problem, here is my expected timetable of events. This is a Continental or World event only description here. A common hurricane or disaster would not cause the steps below:

Authorities will move quickly to seize food warehouses and retail outlets.

The National Guard in the US already practices mobilization exercises to secure of food stores / warehouses. Local Police will do the same thing at the local level.

Then:

#1 Martial Law, food will be rationed by the authorities with first priority to soldiers, police, 1st responders. Large cities may be abandoned by the Authorities if they cannot control the situation, taking as much with them as possible if the population cannot be controlled (chaos).

#2 As time goes on, Door to door search and seizure of food held by "hoarders" of food and ammunition.

#3 If the disaster is discovered to be nationwide and the "authority" in charge knows that there is no relief and probably will not be relief, #2 may come almost immediately. And if it is that bad... as soon as the Authority knows or suspects how bad it is, they will determine that their well being and their families trumps everyone else and they must take what THEY can to survive and will move out or fortify with all of the supplies they have acquired from the stores / warehouses and confiscation / seizure.

#4 Armed bands will regiment within days to weeks and if the authorities haven't already went door to door, they will.

#5 Federal / State authorities may also go town to town to "acquire" supplies from the populous or food storage that the local authorities have secured. (Battles will erupt)

#6 Both Gangs and Refugees will leave the cities and blood will spill through the suburbs... then the countryside.

#7 What's left of communities / people will flock to one of two strategies... Defensive Group Homesteaders and mobile looting armies.

If ANYONE knows you have anything.. you will be a target.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Didn't President Trump say yesterday that some of our arsenal is not receiving proper maintenance?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join