It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors and HIPAA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

your right reporting people doesn't always have much effect, but sometimes it does, and its irrelevant, report it you've done your due diligence, then the failings are upon the reporting system or what comes after, rather then the failings being on you for not reporting it.

make the effort you would want others to make, its the golden rule, treat others the way you'd want to be treated.

imagine getting a new doctor with a spotless record when really hes a travesty and no one ever reports him due to the same apathy, so many people being effected because their all to damn apathetic to participate in a report system that is supposedly designed to prevent such suffering....

dont give up on the reporting system without even trying just because it "might" not work.... thats defeatist.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Exactly, one report may not sway many minds but if it is ground zero for a pattern of complaints and violations, then indeed, due diligence is a necessity and in the long run, could protect other patients from being abused by this physician. That would be my approach at least, speak up and that way when other people start making similar accusations, there's an established pattern. It's got to start somewhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As others have said, report.

It is kind of like the Harvey Weinstain case! One report comes in. Soon others follow. You might be surprised how many.

Sorry for all the troubles this has caused. And very sorry that what you thought was doctor-patient confidential (with the backing of HIPAA) was not kept that way. What a crappy thing to do. Sorry that lawyers have to get involved but when push comes to shove that is a proper response on your part.

PS - That is how it spelled in my timeline! LOL!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Report her.

I work IT in a NA hospital and HIPAA reports happen alot for all sorts of things.

What happends here is the facility gets fined if true, and the cost usually is forwarded to the violator. Depending on HR and Facility management, they could terminate the contract or just take the hit and hope the violations dont build up to close the facility down(extremely rare)

TL;DR
Report her, she will be fined in most cases unless she has a record of violations.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Good point - though honestly - does anything in my post sound like I'm 'whining'?

No. I'm stating facts and asking questions from others who know better than I. So don't ruin your good point by being a puss.

Thanks, and yes, I will report her.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

posting your problems on the internet for no other reason then to share them is whining. yes.

ironic you would call me a puss when you were the one pussing out on reporting. was i being a puss by suggesting you take action rather then puss out? think you got it backwards....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join